BeLiAL124

Show off your hard drive speeds

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171741

So I was curious to see if my SSD and HDD were performing up to their rated speeds.  So I downloaded AS SSD benchmark software and tested it out.

I bought this 256 GB SSD on sale for 129.00$ are claiming 530 read 445 write max.  So based on my testing their claims were pretty close and weren't overestimated like many of the SSD's seem to be.

I got an overall score of 880.  Post your scores as a reference to which companies SSD's are actually worth the money.

(my WD black 1TB had 170 for read and write but on the 4k write the test was taking so long at 1 MB's I quit lol)

as-ssd-benchSanDiskSDSSDHP231201410-58-4

SSDs are still too expensive here for me to bother with.

If I build a NUC it will be based on the 2.5" kit...

I had to connect my SSD on SATA II because my SATA III are some Marvel shit so im not going to even try to post my results.

once again, my SATAIII SSD is connected to a crap marvel controller, so I only get this:

jiTqcyi.png

so, I set up a ramdisk for the lolz to benchmark, but AS SSD wouldn't recognize it, but CrystalDiskMark does:

l9UBfgO.png

once again, my SATAIII SSD is connected to a crap marvel controller, so I only get this:

You too have this marvel shit? May i ask what MBO is in your rig?

EVGA SR-2

I have it on my Asrock extreme3 770. The ports are so much shit, i couldnt instal and use my 840 EVO while it was connected to those ports, so after much crying i decided to just fuck it and connect to sataII

Ok, so i decided to run the benchmark after all just to see how much performance i lost... the results are NOT what i expected, can ssomeone explaine this proposterous results:

ssd.png

Ok, so i decided to run the benchmark after all just to see how much performance i lost... the results are NOT what i expected, can ssomeone explaine this proposterous results:

ssd.png

Run again, see if they're the same. Program might've screwed up

SSDs are still too expensive here for me to bother with.

I have more storage capacity than I know what to do with.  There is a 1TB mirror on my debian router that is like 50% full.  With a 1Gb internal network, I literally just install shit on the windows shares.

In that environment, I figure 120Gb SSDs will last much longer than similar priced HDDs.

Yea I posted this mostly as a reference for people looking to buy an SSD.

I got mine for a great price on a newegg shell shocker.  But as you see it does have good read write for the price if you find one.

The 840 Evo should also score well.