Intumesce

E-50/E-50 M Fan Club

Why is this gun so incredibly unreliable? .3 acc/2.1 aimtime with decent bloom should be like a railgun, but there are so many times where I can just be nailing some guy 200m out and have every single shot bounce by hitting something I wasn't aiming at. Meanwhile guns like the E5's 120 and T-54's 100mm feel like literal lasers. Im so bad.

It's not just you. A few days back I missed/bounced 3 aimed shots on an exposed WTE at ~300 meters. One shell went into the ground, one scraped the side/upper armour and the last one bounced on the gun. His turret was turned 90° and I was aiming center mass on the turret. The gun was probably in love with that WTE and did not want to hurt it.

They are really easy to go potato in, I must say

Why is this gun so incredibly unreliable? .3 acc/2.1 aimtime with decent bloom should be like a railgun, but there are so many times where I can just be nailing some guy 200m out and have every single shot bounce by hitting something I wasn't aiming at. Meanwhile guns like the E5's 120 and T-54's 100mm feel like literal lasers. Im so bad.

Super potato when you dive in front of Rexxie and lose ~1200 health of damage aimed at him. RIP.

It's just you, I land the overwhelming majority of my shots even at long range

Most of my misses are on the move or were snapshots anyway

Then again I have BiA and vents which bump up the accuracy ever so slightly

Though I do remember a particularly frustrating match where 12 out of 20 fully aimed shots actually hit their targets

I think the worst part about this tank is that it went on sale the day I wanted to sell it :(

The universe is telling you something... Don't sell it. It looks fun. I am really enjoying the Panther 2. Hoping the E50s are nice to me.

So today I played my first 5 battles since the patch with a new mouse, retarded FOV and a very different HUD (totally new and confusing mod pack). 2x arty (average battles) as a warm-up. Third battle was a confrontation battle with E-50. Enemies were Soviet. 6 kills, 5.4k damage, draw, because I couldn't aim for an IS-8's ass (shit mouse sens in settings). I flanked him, he needed 1 second to notice me and he managed to turn around (just his turret, he didn't even turn the hull) 180° and shoot me while I was still trying to get my reticle on his ass (BIG CRYING SMILEY RIGHT HERE). Next battle, 3.4k damage, 6 kills again, 2.6k spotting. This time a win. My last battle was with T-62 ("I cannot Play fast tanks with my current mouse sens and FOV and shit, so no more E-50... how about... hm.... Oh there's a T-62!!!", yeh, I know, brilliant).

TL;DR:

E-50 stronk tonk.

It's just you, I land the overwhelming majority of my shots even at long range

Most of my misses are on the move or were snapshots anyway

Then again I have BiA and vents which bump up the accuracy ever so slightly

Though I do remember a particularly frustrating match where 12 out of 20 fully aimed shots actually hit their targets

What equipment do you run? Vents, Rammer (I'm assuming) and...?

What exactly is the reason for taking optics? E-50 gets spotted before being able to spot the enemy nearly every single time anyway. advantage = 0 :thumbdown:

What exactly is the reason for taking optics? E-50 gets spotted before being able to spot the enemy nearly every single time anyway. advantage = 0 :thumbdown:

because if you don't have optics you literally can't see past 400m (or 408 with vents) so if you have someone fire at 410 meters you'll never see them. I'd personally rather outspot an e100 than be outspotted by one.

I'm running Vstab/Rammer/Optics. When I get my 50M and a 3 skill crew i'll drop optics for vents. Because BiA+Vents+Recon+Sit Aware=441m VR. Throw chocolate on that and you get ~460. While the extra camo penetration from optics would be great for outspotting 62A and stuff, the overall bonus from vents would out-weigh it at that point I think. Especially the boost to terrain resistance.

Fuck not having a Vstab though, Vstab4lyfe

edit: for reference, optics instead of vents with that setup puts you at 493 VR, 7 below the 'hardcap' for VR. that would give you an extra 33m of camo penetration over vents, but 460 should beable to spot almost anything that fires from any distance

Distance you will spot enemy if he is:

stationary - 336.15m.

moving - 364.60m.

shooting - 437.37m.

Distance the enemy will spot you if you are:

stationary - 401.55m.

moving - 411.10m.

shooting - 431.97m.

Thats an E50M with vents/recon/sit aware/BiA/food vs a 62A with camo/optics/Camo Paint. Will he still spot you first? yes. But as soon as he shoots at you you'll see him. You throw 100% camo training (lulz) on your 50M and he only spots you at 350m stationary andd 371m moving. Makes it a lot closer.

If you switch vents for optics you spot the 62A at 360/391/445.

Optics will help a lot with early spots versus heavies, and helps you spot a soviet med roughly at the same time as he spots you

The gun handling on the E-50 is already good, and most of my shots are either already fully aimed in or snapshots in the first place, so a vert stab wouldn't help all that much

You could go with either of them, really

They both have their uses but I like to have a huge advantage versus heavies

Optics will help a lot with early spots versus heavies, and helps you spot a soviet med roughly at the same time as he spots you

The gun handling on the E-50 is already good, and most of my shots are either already fully aimed in or snapshots in the first place, so a vert stab wouldn't help all that much

You could go with either of them, really

They both have their uses but I like to have a huge advantage versus heavies

Snap shots is exactly what a vstab helps :P and it helps aim in faster after turning your turret/moving. It adds so much gun handling I couldn't imagine dropping it, whereas once you get the crew skills you can replicate the bonus of vents pretty easily. There's no combination of crewskills that gives the same bonus as VStab

I've been enjoying my brand new E-50; it seems to bring together the Panther and Tiger II into something quite potent, if impossible to hide. vbaddict says it's my best tank in terms of wn8, which surprises me - the bar seems to be really low.

I'm torn about keeping it long term. I'm aiming to unlock the E-50M before the special ends, and I'm not sure what to do then. Buy it and move the crew up? Keep the E-50, train a new crew? Cannibalize the very good crew from my beloved but under-used Tiger II?

Do I need two tier IX mediums? Do I want a Tier X medium? Mediums aren't my comfort zone (I have slow reflexes and frequently shaky hands), and neither is tier X. The E-50 certainly feels more grounded than my M46, but I don't feel like I get nearly the chances to snipe that I should, and the lack of depression is VERY annoying. On paper, the E-50M doesn't seem like all that much of an improvement over the E-50, which is worrying - yet everyone is raving about it.

I've been enjoying my brand new E-50; it seems to bring together the Panther and Tiger II into something quite potent, if impossible to hide. vbaddict says it's my best tank in terms of wn8, which surprises me - the bar seems to be really low.

I'm torn about keeping it long term. I'm aiming to unlock the E-50M before the special ends, and I'm not sure what to do then. Buy it and move the crew up? Keep the E-50, train a new crew? Cannibalize the very good crew from my beloved but under-used Tiger II?

Do I need two tier IX mediums? Do I want a Tier X medium? Mediums aren't my comfort zone (I have slow reflexes and frequently shaky hands), and neither is tier X. The E-50 certainly feels more grounded than my M46, but I don't feel like I get nearly the chances to snipe that I should, and the lack of depression is VERY annoying. On paper, the E-50M doesn't seem like all that much of an improvement over the E-50, which is worrying - yet everyone is raving about it.

The E50M fixes every fault of the E50 and then some. 

Your tank is sluggish? Here, have another 300 horsepower. 

Your frontally mounted engine is vulnerable? We will stick it in the back and pretend it's historically accurate. 

Fourth worse base pen @ tier IX? How about we give you a gun with the highest base pen in the game (outside of the TDs) that's also exceptionally precise.  

As far as slow reflexes/shaky hands go, the E50M doesn't play like traditional meds do so it doesn't require the same amount of precise control and fast reflexes like a say a Leo or 140 would.

You also have -8 degrees of gun depression when angled @ about 30 degrees so it's not as bad as many other tier X meds. 

If you don't have any other tier 9 tanks for fun or platooning, keep the E-50 and cannibalize the Tiger II crew

If you already have other tier 9s (E-75 for example) just move up to the E-50M

Beware that the E-50M is a downgrade, tier-wise, however

It actually becomes even slower due to the significantly worse terrain resistance

It actually becomes even slower due to the significantly worse terrain resistance

That's what I expected after I heard that from everyone about the E50M, but that has not been my experience with the tank at all. 

Maybe it's the significantly faster track traverse that lends itself to the perception of greater agility. 

How does H.P. per Ton/Terrain factor into mobility? Because the E50M is very close in H.P. per ton to the E50 on every surface except soft, which can essentially be disregarded. 

E50M

Specific Power (h.p./t) 19.26 19.17

H.p./t on terrain

Hard      18.26 18.17

Avg        15.45 15.77

Soft          8.73   9.66

E50

Specific Power (h.p./t) 14.38 14.31

H.p./t on terrain

Hard     18.74 18.65

Avg       14.99 15.3

Soft         7.14   7.9

I really think The E-50M will excel given a better crew. Crew skills smooth over many of the weaknesses for it by letting you put vents/BiA/Food on it, including ground resistance.

.967/1.105/1.756

vs

1.055/1.247/2.205 before crew skills/vents

E50 has

.767/.959/2.014

So the 50M gets a lot closer when you add crew skills, not as good as the 50 obviously, but with the extra HP/T it makes up for it easily.

The E50M fixes every fault of the E50 and then some. 

Your frontally mounted engine is vulnerable? We will stick it in the back and pretend it's historically accurate. 

Fourth worse base pen @ tier IX? How about we give you a gun with the highest base pen in the game (outside of the TDs) that's also exceptionally precise.  

As far as slow reflexes/shaky hands go, the E50M doesn't play like traditional meds do so it doesn't require the same amount of precise control and fast reflexes like a say a Leo or 140 would.

You also have -8 degrees of gun depression when angled @ about 30 degrees so it's not as bad as many other tier X meds.

If you don't have any other tier 9 tanks for fun or platooning, keep the E-50 and cannibalize the Tiger II crew

If you already have other tier 9s (E-75 for example) just move up to the E-50M

Beware that the E-50M is a downgrade, tier-wise, however

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think what I'll do is keep the E-50 as a secondary IX (I'm enjoying it a lot, but I'm so looking forward to going back to my T30). I realized my old Panther crew is at something like 175%, so they can run in my projected T-25 until the next retraining special, and then they can have the E-50M.