Intumesce

E-50/E-50 M Fan Club

So I decided to throw my E-100 crew in the E-50m, this tank is just too much fun. I'm sad I had sold it before they buffed it. It feels like what would happen if you took a Leopard 1, and traded some guns stats for the hull of an E-75 (and its' gun isn't that much worse than the Leo 1). I just run around plowing through pubs, literally. I had 120 game in this tank before I sold it, so I've put on like 24 game. In those 24 games I'm averaging: (with a few potato learning games). I really don't see why I would run any heavy (besides a T57) in pubs with this thing.

0htsAf5.png

The E50M fixes every fault of the E50 and then some. 

Your tank is sluggish? Here, have another 300 horsepower. 

Your frontally mounted engine is vulnerable? We will stick it in the back and pretend it's historically accurate. 

Fourth worse base pen @ tier IX? How about we give you a gun with the highest base pen in the game (outside of the TDs) that's also exceptionally precise.  

You like being armored? Here, move the same armor up a tier where there's a damn lot more TD's, and no more tier 7s.  Have fun bouncing anything that hits anywhere not the UFP.

You like your 2nd best in class DPM?  Here, move it up a tier and become worst in class.

You feel agile?  Here lets put you against Bats and Leos and 140s that make you look like a Maus.

You like being versatile?  Sorry, your sluggishness combined with your size hurts your ability to fight up close.  Good luck trying to pen those lower plates while shooting down at them.  Nobody is going to accidentally hit your own UFP at anything other than sniper range.

The tank is forced to be a sniper, where the armor of the UFP and angles of the turret protect it, and the awkwardness of the platform don't present such difficulty.  You simply cannot get in close and bully people like the t9 E50 can.

E50 > E50M.

You like being armored? Here, move the same armor up a tier where there's a damn lot more TD's, and no more tier 7s.  Have fun bouncing anything that hits anywhere not the UFP.

You like your 2nd best in class DPM?  Here, move it up a tier and become worst in class.

You feel agile?  Here lets put you against Bats and Leos and 140s that make you look like a Maus.

You like being versatile?  Sorry, your sluggishness combined with your size hurts your ability to fight up close.  Good luck trying to pen those lower plates while shooting down at them.  Nobody is going to accidentally hit your own UFP at anything other than sniper range.

The tank is forced to be a sniper, where the armor of the UFP and angles of the turret protect it, and the awkwardness of the platform don't present such difficulty.  You simply cannot get in close and bully people like the t9 E50 can.

E50 > E50M.

I never made an argument as to which tank was better for its tier. I said that the E50M fixes all the weaknesses of the E50 and improves on the platform dramatically.

E50 > E50M.

I strongly disagree. The competition on tier X is indeed hard but E50M does bring some much needed improvements and I consider it, without doubt, a better tank.

They have the same DPM only in theory. E50M gets a huge boost to shell speed and penetration with a slight boost to gun depression which makes it a lot easier to come close to your theoretical DPM. Without (ab)using premium shells E50 considerably lags behind its younger brother.

Even though it faces though(er) competition E50M still has better survivability. A 20% increase in HP means a lot if it pushes you over 2k HP. It helps you survive one more shell when fighting M103/T110E5 for example, and gives you a chance to destroy the majority of autoloaders which would clip the E50 to death. BatChat, 50B, T57, 50 120, etc are very nasty to meet with sub 2k HP tanks.

Engine in the back with two times lower engine fire chance is also a big "thing" for heavy, and in this case semi-heavy tanks. You will not only burn less, but you have an option to replace FE with food or gas to further improve all stats/mobility.

One more thing about "in tier" competition: T-54. Its mix of speed, durability and firepower cannot be matched by any tank in the game. All tier 9  mediums quickly pale in comparison with that mighty beast.

One thing I've noticed over the current E50m compared to when I first played it (pre physics patch I think) is the tank doesn't rock as much anymore. I used to get really pissed off when I would stop to aim, fully aim, and the tank was still rocking so I would have to wait even longer.

I have not noticed that problem anymore, and assume the physics patch fixed that? It has really helped the gun handling for those that like to shoot-and-scoot a lot.

Does anyone else remember that problem?

One thing I've noticed over the current E50m compared to when I first played it (pre physics patch I think) is the tank doesn't rock as much anymore. I used to get really pissed off when I would stop to aim, fully aim, and the tank was still rocking so I would have to wait even longer.

I have not noticed that problem anymore, and assume the physics patch fixed that? It has really helped the gun handling for those that like to shoot-and-scoot a lot.

Dynamic camera.

Dynamic camera happened

here's what acing the E-50 took for me:

pearl-river-germany-e-50-504046595431373

sounds like the requirements go waaaaaay up for the M.

So it still rocks, but with dynamic camera you don't notice it? Oh well at least it's gone. This is the only tank I ever noticed where the rocking time was longer than aiming.

Unlocked the 105mm on the E50 last night, miss the top engine.

Officially in love <3

Arty is a fucking cancer. Snap shotted by a 50/53 that was turning his turret AND driving full speed over uneven terrain. God this game was a heartbreaker. 

It looks like the XP requirements for Mastery went down some...? 1200 base XP for Mastery seems low by tier X standards especially during an event for that tank. 

2ik2scx.jpg

Hello there!

Here is also one German Med-lover (the original pz3/4->e50m tree). Today I unlocked finally my e50m, after about a week of intensive grinding with my e50. Really like the tank, even though I got just 1 win so far. Lol :D

The E50 at tier 9 is just the tank i had been looking for since i restarted playing.

Jesus, i love it so much.

And playing it so much made me perform much better in the T110E5 as well, which i love as well but can't make work, BUT managed to move up WR back over 53%, KPG at 1.2 and DPG at almost 2500 (it's 2494 or something), all thanks to the lessons from the E50 :D

I SO love it.

As a scrub who just got his E-50 last night before the event ended, what do you guys recommend for setup and research path? I've currently got a rammer loaded on it and the top radio. I was thinking of free-xping the tracks so I can load the L71, optics and a vstab on it. Should I prioritize the turret or engine first?

As a sidenote, I did rather horribly with my panther 2 (51%~ final WR with an embarassing 1200~ DPG). Any playstyle tips you can give me for the E-50? I don't want this or my E-50M to wind up with that stain too.

Tracks, turret, 105. Free xp every bit of it if you can (106k total, and it's worth it). Grind the engine, grind the E-50M, then get the 88 L/100 to elite the tank.

Tracks, turret, 105. Free xp every bit of it if you can (106k total, and it's worth it). Grind the engine, grind the E-50M, then get the 88 L/100 to elite the tank.

Gotcha. Thanks for the outline.

Me more in love with every passing day. Yesterday got trolled by rng (couple of bounces/0-dmg crits on the sides of an IS3 and T32), and what could have been a 9k damage game ended up being a 7k one, but still. You can bully people like there was no tomorron in the E50 :D Such a good tank.

Me more in love with every passing day. Yesterday got trolled by rng (couple of bounces/0-dmg crits on the sides of an IS3 and T32), and what could have been a 9k damage game ended up being a 7k one, but still. You can bully people like there was no tomorron in the E50 :D Such a good tank.

Do you think I could grab a replay or two off of you? I'd like to see how a better player plays his E-50 before I get started in mine. I can't tell if I should treat this as an uparmoured Panther 2 or not.

Will turn it on, i usually don't record my games :) BTW check the Purple Poasters Replay section, i think you'll find some from people MUCH better than me... and also in this thread

Well, i managed to get 3 games worth showcasing

http://wotreplays.com/site/697616#prokhorovka-swg112-e-50

http://wotreplays.com/site/697620#mines-swg112-e-50

These two are more medium-like gameplay. The first oneis funny because of how i die at the end.

http://wotreplays.com/site/697625#ensk-swg112-e-50

This one i just played the heavy. Took some unnecessary damage because i was too indecisive at the beginning