Intumesce

E-50/E-50 M Fan Club

2 hours ago, Felicius said:

Nope, base is only 400.

vents if food+bia+both vision skills, optics if not.

Huh. Why did I thought it's 410... Anyway, vents is still better than optics. You just need to have decent view range to avoid getting camo sniped. And considering the DPM, every bit helps.

3 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

Huh. Why did I thought it's 410... Anyway, vents is still better than optics. You just need to have decent view range to avoid getting camo sniped. And considering the DPM, every bit helps.

Leo 1 is 410, that is much standard NATO view range, except +10 for Pattons. CCCP and fascist boxes have only 400, while "modern" post war tanks like Japs, Leo, Jap and Czechoslovakian have 410.

470 is sweet spot to pierce some camo from fat meds on the move. i need optics to get there, since I am too cheap to use food (mostly missions, even at discount it is expensive).

Counter spotting things in bushes is impractical and dangerous anyway. I have optics on E 50 and M because I rarely find use of vents. I also like 490 m view range to fight hovermeds, that barely brings us even in camo wars.

I find the credits lost on food on E 50/M in much better use by gold ammo -  E 50 apcr is so sweet at tier 9, while M has a laser gun with delicious HEAT to nail E5s/IS-7s/IS4s/E100s/Jpe100s...1200 m/s HEAT with laser laser accuracy is great sniping round for Chai sniping super heavies.

And I have no money to do both most of time. 

Double repair kits are actually solid improvement over food if you are frugal with credits (and AFE is useless on M), since with full repairs and Bia faster repairs allow you to bait shots with sides, and repair them before most of the enemies reload. I almost never use it, though. Sometimes when arty drops a shit on me it is handy to have, and the gun gets damaged quite often for no hitpoints loss (everybody shoots the "weak" turret, but it trolls both - you and the enemy).

50M driver skill troubles:

Just couple of 50M games recently, since there is special, ended up retraining my driver to get smooth ride instead of controlled impact after missing few key-shots in a corner brawling situation. I guess overall its more useful, since even in close/medium combat range you don't stop and fully aim at your target, at least I don't.

Still want to have controlled impact as well badly but also feel like turning speed of 50m is so poor, esp. if you are fighting other meds/lights, so want that as well but don't want to give up on FF on the other hand.

Just can't decide, what is best choice with my crew, can't have it all :(

Old crew:

slvVP5O.png

Current crew+setup:

4UXW24I.png

What do you guys would recommend on driver + few lines of reasoning why?

As reference/comparison setup/crews from (also might be quite old): Floris, X3N4, Poltto.

---------

EDIT:

After checking crews from different players and comparing tank stats on tanks.gg/wot camo calc, I changed my crew to this:

gQeuVCQ.png

Still not satisfied with so little camo skill and hate having nearly full FF wasting so many skill-slots, but don't want to drop it / dunno what would be the best :(

Edited by lazydot
changed crew

Depends on how you play your tank, there isn't absolutely best setup for skills(use camo if you are cheeky, repairs if you are aggressive etc.), and they don't matter as much anyway.

My two cents: I never use controlled impact on driver, since I avoid ramming in general. Also I prefer clutch braking over off road driving, since it is active on all terrains. Not sure why you went with firefighting, rear mounted engine and fuel tanks along with thick side armor - if you get set on fire it's probably your fault anyway.

15 hours ago, lazydot said:

Still not satisfied with so little camo skill and hate having nearly full FF wasting so many skill-slots, but don't want to drop it / dunno what would be the best :(

FF is useless. M almost never burns. I burned once in 150+ games after 1500+ hp mountain of shit landed on my engine deck. I checked afterwards, since I had 500 hp left, with 100% ff i would be left on 150 HP. Instead, I burned to death.

Besides, M has such strong modules (and is huge, so they get hit rarely), that by the time you get lit up, you are saving some hitpoints from half the health pool left, or less.

Are you gonna burn for 700 or 350 does not rly matter, you finish with 200 or 600 hp...

I would invest more in camo. Off road helped before physics changes, now it is useless.

Bottom line: driver skills are not that good anyway. repairs> BIA>Camo for the M, for all other meds Rep>camo>BIA...first max out repairs (already done), then camo...play with the driver skills afterwards.

12 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

Depends on how you play your tank, there isn't absolutely best setup for skills(use camo if you are cheeky, repairs if you are aggressive etc.), and they don't matter as much anyway.

My two cents: I never use controlled impact on driver, since I avoid ramming in general. Also I prefer clutch braking over off road driving, since it is active on all terrains. Not sure why you went with firefighting, rear mounted engine and fuel tanks along with thick side armor - if you get set on fire it's probably your fault anyway.

4 hours ago, Felicius said:

FF is useless. M almost never burns. I burned once in 150+ games after 1500+ hp mountain of shit landed on my engine deck. I checked afterwards, since I had 500 hp left, with 100% ff i would be left on 150 HP. Instead, I burned to death.

Besides, M has such strong modules (and is huge, so they get hit rarely), that by the time you get lit up, you are saving some hitpoints from half the health pool left, or less.

Are you gonna burn for 700 or 350 does not rly matter, you finish with 200 or 600 hp...

I would invest more in camo. Off road helped before physics changes, now it is useless.

Bottom line: driver skills are not that good anyway. repairs> BIA>Camo for the M, for all other meds Rep>camo>BIA...first max out repairs (already done), then camo...play with the driver skills afterwards.

Camo helps always (esp early and late game) other than if you are brawling close range, it makes huge difference IMO, if you cross terrain and get lit from >=400m moving around the map or only from 350-380m, so has nothing to do with cheeky/agro play style. Not having repairs on a brawling king 50m is just dumb without questions.

I decided against clutch braking, because the base values are already sh*t and even having it at 100% doesn't improve it that much IMO.

Off road on the other hand is > clutch on 50m, because 50m's soft values are hilariously bad, comparable and/or worse than from t8-10 heavies! And how many hard terrain like asphalt roads without destructible objects/mood/water on it are you using for driving compared to soft/medium terrain? Slightly better terrain res. are reason, why 62a is faster than 140 on every terrain but hard one as example, it also accelerates/turns faster partially because of that. Take m48 as most extreme example, its "slow" but has such hilariously good soft stats, it can accelerate/reach max speed/turn like no other tank.

Regarding FF: arty hits/splashes can lit you, if you are crossing terrain, you can get hull side shots, if you side scrape wrong, you get hull side hits, if something flanks you, you get rear/side shots, if you try to abuse your side gun depression and overexpose yourself, you can get lit as well. Main FF benefit is not only damage reduction but way less to none dead crew members and lost/damaged vital modules. Plus a lot of high skill players like Straik, X3N4, etc are using FF as well, so can't be that bad I guess. Still question, whether other skills are more beneficial mid-long term remain valid.

Off road helped before physics changes, now it is useless.

How did new physics changed that? I had ~6-7 month break from WOT recently, back like ~2 month, so could have missed something.

Did physics changed ramming damage calculation/how controlled impact works as well maybe? Had it impact on clutch braking? Any source?

At the end, I just prob. shall stop worrying that much about crew skills and focus on other things like sit. awareness in game instead.

39 minutes ago, lazydot said:

Camo helps always (esp early and late game) other than if you are brawling close range, it makes huge difference IMO, if you cross terrain and get lit from >=400m moving around the map or only from 350-380m, so has nothing to do with cheeky/agro play style. Not having repairs on a brawling king 50m is just dumb without questions.

I decided against clutch braking, because the base values are already sh*t and even having it at 100% doesn't improve it that much IMO.

Off road on the other hand is > clutch on 50m, because 50m's soft values are hilariously bad, comparable and/or worse than from t8-10 heavies! And how many hard terrain like asphalt roads without destructible objects/mood/water on it are you using for driving compared to soft/medium terrain? Slightly better terrain res. are reason, why 62a is faster than 140 on every terrain but hard one as example, it also accelerates/turns faster partially because of that. Take m48 as most extreme example, its "slow" but has such hilariously good soft stats, it can accelerate/reach max speed/turn like no other tank.

Regarding FF: arty hits/splashes can lit you, if you are crossing terrain, you can get hull side shots, if you side scrape wrong, you get hull side hits, if something flanks you, you get rear/side shots, if you try to abuse your side gun depression and overexpose yourself, you can get lit as well. Main FF benefit is not only damage reduction but way less to none dead crew members and lost/damaged vital modules. Plus a lot of high skill players like Straik, X3N4, etc are using FF as well, so can't be that bad I guess. Still question, whether other skills are more beneficial mid-long term remain valid.

So why do you even ask, you seem pretty sure in your choices...

3 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

So why do you even ask, you seem pretty sure in your choices...

I have my opinions and played with wot camo calc/tanks.gg etc. a bit after I posted the question, to see how stuff changes with different crew skills. Nevertheless, having opinions is not the same as being right / not being interested in discussion about it, to get pointers, where I might be wrong.

Other thing is, as being said, I want to have everything possible on it, but I obv. can't. So trying to figure out in an open discussion, what might be the best. Most of my opinions were formed and only slightly changed many years ago already, the state of the game changed since, I did couple of longer breaks from WOT, so I might have missed out on some vital information.

So basically I'm questioning everything, myself included of course, to find best arguments to refresh/form my opinions about this matter.

Just take FF as example, yes, you don't burn often, I feel myself having ~ full FF crew is waste of potential, but if you burn, it doesn't hurt as much, and mostly you will remember games, where you burned to death more as those, where you didn't. I have over 1k games in 50m and was still changing crew/eq. 1-2 times a year btw. but also almost never played it recently as compared to other t10s, so my 50m is very very rusty and so might be my opinions about it as well.

1 hour ago, lazydot said:

I have my opinions and played with wot camo calc/tanks.gg etc. a bit after I posted the question, to see how stuff changes with different crew skills. Nevertheless, having opinions is not the same as being right / not being interested in discussion about it, to get pointers, where I might be wrong.

Other thing is, as being said, I want to have everything possible on it, but I obv. can't. So trying to figure out in an open discussion, what might be the best. Most of my opinions were formed and only slightly changed many years ago already, the state of the game changed since, I did couple of longer breaks from WOT, so I might have missed out on some vital information.

So basically I'm questioning everything, myself included of course, to find best arguments to refresh/form my opinions about this matter.

I told you, skills don't impact your game as much. You basic skills right, rest is up to you. Most guys will tell you that, now you just choose what seems good to you.

On 8/4/2016 at 1:28 PM, lazydot said:

How did new physics changed that? I had ~6-7 month break from WOT recently, back like ~2 month, so could have missed something.

Did physics changed ramming damage calculation/how controlled impact works as well maybe? Had it impact on clutch braking? Any source?

I can not give you the definitive answer, because WG did not released the new physics numbers (or the old one).

But tanks that relied on good ground resistance, but with bad HP/weight ratio are now slower than before, while some tanks with bad crossing values seems faster.

I have both E 50 and M, almost same crew skills (just less camo trained on the M), and previously it was not so big difference between their speeds, now E 50 seems slower than before, its good terrain values do not compensate any more for bad power/weight... while M is unaffected. So I suppose that the off road is not useful any more, since it lowers the ground resistance - and lower ground resistance plays smaller role now than before.

Jagdtiger is now quite a good deal more agile...T 54 exactly the same, 62 A a tad more slower, etc...Crommies are like a rocket, and ELC is a lightning.

ramming I do not know, had just a few low speed rams recently.

I don't bother anymore to sidescrape because pubbies yolo pen me way to often. I guess if i fight on even terms I do sth wrong. On another note 3 marking this is pretty hard when 3,5k combined doesn't get me near 92% :kappa:

5 hours ago, MonoPanda said:

I don't bother anymore to sidescrape because pubbies yolo pen me way to often. I guess if i fight on even terms I do sth wrong. On another note 3 marking this is pretty hard when 3,5k combined doesn't get me near 92% :kappa:

I used to watch X3N4 and Straik in E50, and they don't do too much side scrape because of rather weak sides, i often overextended like i'm driving E100 :D 

Yep.... now when I bought E50... X3N4 stopped playing..... I think I can do much more in this tank but I'm not comfortable with it yet... I guess?

Someone has a good batch of replays in this beast? :D

I bought it this weekend when it was 15% off for 9s and 10s on the Asia server. Found it to be amazing. 

E 50 Germany MT 9 32 53.13% 2210 540.31 1.41 1.06 77% 617 19758 3rd Class 2418

Pretty happy with performance so far. Took me some time to get used to the gun dep to the side, but then I realized it same as the Panther 88 and RU 251 in that regard. 

3 hours ago, xmenxmen2 said:

Umm yea?

Hey you never know and it doesn't hurt to ask. You guys come up with some good statistical reasons why lesser guns should be used on certain  tanks vs guns with higher alpha.

1 hour ago, crapcannon said:

Hey you never know and it doesn't hurt to ask. You guys come up with some good statistical reasons why lesser guns should be used on certain  tanks vs guns with higher alpha.

Just do not mount or spent exp on 8.8 l 100. Unlock it after you do everything else, and only if you have a sadomasochistic wish to go back to Panther 2.

Use stock 8.8 l 71 until 10.5. Top turret helps to play with stock 8.8 a lot, have free exp at least for that.