Intumesce

E-50/E-50 M Fan Club

25 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I don't know is it me or they really hurt E-50 with HD remodel. Every fuckin idiot pens me with most retarded snaps. I won't mention 122 going through LFP like butter. 

It was always so. it is 180 or so on flat, unangled. M is 225230, so it can bounce more. 

Gone are the days of clubbing helpless t8 pref mm tanks with 175 mm pen 8and too stupid to load gold). Now they can all hurt you...

They mentioned nerfing E 50 lfp in HD by making the angle worse, but in the end it stayed the same, and got mantlet buff.

17 minutes ago, Felicius said:

It was always so. it is 180 or so on flat, unangled. M is 225230, so it can bounce more. 

Gone are the days of clubbing helpless t8 pref mm tanks with 175 mm pen 8and too stupid to load gold). Now they can all hurt you...

They mentioned nerfing E 50 lfp in HD by making the angle worse, but in the end it stayed the same, and got mantlet buff.

Dunno today's session is 3K avg, and that's fine by my books,  but i'm under impression that every fool snaps me. This wasn't thing before (or i remember wrong), like armor is now useless. 

24 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Dunno today's session is 3K avg, and that's fine by my books,  but i'm under impression that every fool snaps me. This wasn't thing before (or i remember wrong), like armor is now useless. 

It is indeed almost useless. Powercreep is real. 

That is why I love the M more. it is less about armor, and more about mobility/gun (yes, HEAT is a nice thing to have against like half of the tier 9-10 heavies now). Also, E 50 apcr is sweet when sniping...not particularly hard targets. Once their armor gets to 230-240, it is useless after 300-400 m.

Not only HEAT keeps the pen (and 85 deg ricochet angle vs 70), but also apcr has a lower drop-off.

Tier 9 sweet apcr is the Jagdtiger long 128. If I am gonna spam some gold, at least i am gonna spam some beast mode one.

5 hours ago, Kolni said:

E 50M is the best pubstomper ever, there's no situation where you feel out of place or where you can get reliably outplayed

Most definately, I feel like in the current meta it's the best all round tank at tier 10, Armour, Mobility and Laser gun make it extremely comfortable to play. 

7 hours ago, Kolni said:

E 50M is the best pubstomper ever, there's no situation where you feel out of place or where you can get reliably outplayed

I don't get this, armor is almost the same, and i find hard to bounce shots of the turret in T9... Added HEAT is very nice after all superheavy buffs, but i rather play 140/62A/BC25T than E-50M (even before buffs). Also i'm starving for E50/M streams to see how real unicums deal with power creep. 

Where is @X3N4 when you need him :feelsbad:

5 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

I don't get this, armor is almost the same, and i find hard to bounce shots of the turret in T9... Added HEAT is very nice after all superheavy buffs, but i rather play 140/62A/BC25T than E-50M (even before buffs). Also i'm starving for E50/M streams to see how real unicums deal with power creep. 

Where is @X3N4 when you need him :feelsbad:

I have like 30 hours of E 50M streamed at 100% MoE the last month :MingLee: 

I also have a full YT session of a 100% MoE run:

On 4/16/2017 at 2:03 AM, Kolni said:

It is always the 2nd best i feel. Which is very good. OP tanks come and go, M is just so...reliable.

-8 gun dep frontally +better mantlet is so sweet, most ppl even did not realised that. not having much reason to play M48 right now for just -1 deg more (yes, dpm and soft stats are a sweet thing, but are offset by worse acc and if you miss/bounce one shell you are back to 50 M dpm...and M can block enemy shells way more, so it negates part of the enemies dpm, especially now when using full gun dep+stronk upper plate, and no more of the awkward poking the gun over the sides...and noticeably weaker turret...especially considering the size. both have crap camo anyway, but M is faster...

Just in memory of E5...it had so many ups and downs over the years.

next nerf would be the Maus. it is simply too OP now...even though it can not win more than 50 M on avg because of maps (without platoon...), but it dominates on city maps just too much, making playing less fun against them...especially after the arty nerf+mm changes next patch. 3 Maus and you win prok even right now with all the arty rushing 1-2 line...just angle and share dmg taken (and running optics, ofc). ppl will rage against it a lot...especially when enough of them get it...right now tier 7-9 are full of tanks ppl just grind through...even though after tiger P all are good.

I expect nerf in 6 months tops, 2-3 patches after arty nerf.

@Kolni you got too many bounce, on the other hand yesterday i had this situation.

Leo1 pens me through UFP, and puts 2 additional shots into turret @ 200m (windstorm), i shot another E-50 at about 200m (fisherman's bay) in turret with AP (2 shots), and Conq shot me twice in turret face at about 100m (Serene coast).

I watched your E-50M gameplay and you get way more bounces than i do in pretty similar situations. 

5 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

@Kolni you got too many bounce, on the other hand yesterday i had this situation.

Leo1 pens me through UFP, and puts 2 additional shots into turret @ 200m (windstorm), i shot another E-50 at about 200m (fisherman's bay) in turret with AP (2 shots), and Conq shot me twice in turret face at about 100m (Serene coast).

I watched your E-50M gameplay and you get way more bounces than i do in pretty similar situations. 

it's the best armoured tier 10 med in the game, if ur getting penned through ufp he's shooting heat and then u need to back off obviously, i won't keep engaging tanks where my armour doesn't work - hence i bounce more

Just now, Kolni said:

it's the best armoured tier 10 med in the game, if ur getting penned through ufp he's shooting heat and then u need to back off obviously, i won't keep engaging tanks where my armour doesn't work - hence i bounce more

But you did bounce some bullshit like Foch 155 and afaik this is one of best pens in game (AP or HEAT). 

And i understand fact that i need to skip those kinds of engagement but all those bullshit pens in turret face @ mid range is annoying.  But i'll keep eye on your stream and youtube, maybe you have fear factor of FAME. 

8 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

But you did bounce some bullshit like Foch 155 and afaik this is one of best pens in game (AP or HEAT). 

And i understand fact that i need to skip those kinds of engagement but all those bullshit pens in turret face @ mid range is annoying.  But i'll keep eye on your stream and youtube, maybe you have fear factor of FAME. 

I am poking back and forth on him and he's shooting my side turret and not front, so he won't pen

So getting the top gun on the E50 (the 10.5) totally changed the tank for me.  I cannot fathom going back to the 8.8 L/100, for reasons already stated by others in this thread.  Now I finally feel like I have something to contribute to my team, and good grief, am I loving having my first true laser cannon.

But there is one map that consistently confounds me - Fisherman's Bay.  In something like a t54, I'll go brawl with their scouts in  the middle and surf just low enough to keep my hull hidden, etc.  That usually works pretty well for me.  But this lacks both the mobility and the camo to do that, and I've quickly learned not to rely on the armor at anything less than medium range. On this map I have yet to do anything of real value in an E50.   Any advice on where to go on Fisherman's Bay with the E50?  Should I just snipe the 1 line, maybe push the city when our heavies need reinforcing?  I'll go dig for replays, of course, but tips appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Tanager said:

So getting the top gun on the E50 (the 10.5) totally changed the tank for me.  I cannot fathom going back to the 8.8 L/100, for reasons already stated by others in this thread.  Now I finally feel like I have something to contribute to my team, and good grief, am I loving having my first true laser cannon.

But there is one map that consistently confounds me - Fisherman's Bay.  In something like a t54, I'll go brawl with their scouts in  the middle and surf just low enough to keep my hull hidden, etc.  That usually works pretty well for me.  But this lacks both the mobility and the camo to do that, and I've quickly learned not to rely on the armor at anything less than medium range. On this map I have yet to do anything of real value in an E50.   Any advice on where to go on Fisherman's Bay with the E50?  Should I just snipe the 1 line, maybe push the city when our heavies need reinforcing?  I'll go dig for replays, of course, but tips appreciated.

I've had some success skirting the bay side of the city to flank the other team's heavies, but that is only possible when they don't have camo tds locking down the whole line, and when they have heavies pushing the city.

I just got the E50 and wow this tank is too good! Gun is F#cking amazing and so reliable even with only 220 pen

and holy shit the armour hilarious! love having Obj 704s and T95s come round the corner and bounce off you

Amazing at stomping pubbies which is the only joy i get from this game :D

On 4/21/2017 at 6:01 AM, Tanager said:

Very easy to hard push straight to opposing rocks on north spawn. South spawn is more painful; but sidescraping with the heavies in city is viable on that side. Middle ridge is a poor place for E-50.

This tank was just frustrating me, and then over the last day or two it seemed to click.  The advice from @Hally on how to play it on Fisherman's Bay really helped as well - top tier, but only one of our heavies (we only had three) goes city, I went there, sidescraped and helped win the flank.

I think the playstyle for this tank is hard to grasp at first - you can't really brawl in it, it isn't nearly agile enough, nor is it a good scout, since it's the size of a semi, roughly.  But if you can find a spot where you can hull down at a distance, keep your turret moving to evade fire, and most important, keep your gun firing, you can really dish out the damage.  I tried to play it like a t54 at first, and that went about as well as you'd expect.  Even with a nearly full camo crew, I'm pretty sure you can see this from orbit.  But I went 19-10 in my last 29 games in the thing, all but two or three solopub, and it's really been clicking much more than it ever has.  I'm at ~190 games in it, slowly dragging my WR out of the toilet, and I finally got my first MoE.

I think the danger of playing such a legendary (speaking purely in-game) tank like this is that, in lesser players like me, it engenders the notion that the tank itself will somehow make you a better player.  That is obviously not the case, but the key is (for me, at least) having the patience to stick with it and grasp what it does well (sniping from a distance, bullying the daylights out of lower tiers, supporting heavies), and what it does not (brawling, scouting).

I managed to get in a few good rams of late, too - a T10 who was utterly surprised when I rammed his front and shoved him back into the water (nothing he could do) on Live Oaks, where my teammates proceeded to shoot holes in him; throwing a t54e1 clear off the hill in the middle of Airfield, then driving him down the hill to his demise (that was glorious); and then coming downhill at full speed into the rear of a sniping Cent 7/1.  It did not end well for him, and I took perhaps 200 damage, which I barely even noticed.

So fairly recently I finally put a crew together for the E50M after having it in my garage for ages, but while I actually really like the tank and find my performance in it is pretty good (averaging 2.4k dpg, which is 200dpg better than my other tier-10 medium, the Cent AX) but I simply cannot win it it. 45% win rate after 110 games. Painful. My E50 is similarly bad, with only a 50% wr with 550 games played, it's like something about these tanks, even though I can do damage either on par or better than my performance in same-tier mediums, I just can't win in them.

But I really like the E50M. It's not outstanding in any real regard except for sniping, as it can't really brawl too well, is big with no camo and has low DPM, but there's something just nice about driving it around. Hopefully the WR will sort itself out over time if I can maintain performance in it.

14 hours ago, Balthazars said:

So fairly recently I finally put a crew together for the E50M after having it in my garage for ages, but while I actually really like the tank and find my performance in it is pretty good (averaging 2.4k dpg, which is 200dpg better than my other tier-10 medium, the Cent AX) but I simply cannot win it it. 45% win rate after 110 games. Painful. My E50 is similarly bad, with only a 50% wr with 550 games played, it's like something about these tanks, even though I can do damage either on par or better than my performance in same-tier mediums, I just can't win in them.

But I really like the E50M. It's not outstanding in any real regard except for sniping, as it can't really brawl too well, is big with no camo and has low DPM, but there's something just nice about driving it around. Hopefully the WR will sort itself out over time if I can maintain performance in it.

It's taken me well over 200 games to get to 50% in the E50.  Stick with it.

just recently unlocked the 105, I have to get myself out of the mindset that I had with the long lance 88 (sniping, perma-tracking) and focus on damaging shots at mid to short range. sniping is still viable with the 105 but it's not quite like the long lance 88 which could put out a hail of shots

2 hours ago, Vindi said:

slowly coming to a conclusion: this tank's acceleration is a nightmare

It sure tells a lot about it that one has to go this far to find a weakness. :) And 50M has that covered too with 1200hp.

I´d go as far as to say that turret armor is bad.. but even that is workable.

23 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

just recently unlocked the 105, I have to get myself out of the mindset that I had with the long lance 88 (sniping, perma-tracking) and focus on damaging shots at mid to short range. sniping is still viable with the 105 but it's not quite like the long lance 88 which could put out a hail of shots

You can still snipe, and I think you should avoid short range engagements against equal or higher tier opponents, because it's really easy to get pushed on/flanked.  You have crap maneuverability and turret traverse.  Mid-to-long range is where the e50 shines, IMHO - like a much meaner Tiger/Tiger 2.  Against lower tier opponents, just drive right through them if you have to, then pick the corpse bits out of your treads afterwards.