Shackram

Warframe

I've tried it and it's pretty fun with friends, but I haven't played in a while. You won't get far in building your clan base thing without a ton of people helping to gather materials. I didn't even get a hallway done.

Me and a couple of clan mates are playing it currently. It's confounding how many things require credits to do. Buying a blueprint: Credits. Building stuff with materials you own: Credits. Transmuting mods you own to make an equal mod that might be shittier than the four mods you put in: A shit ton of credits. But it's still pretty fun.

I had a small foothold from closed beta, so it wasn't hard to pick up again from when i played last (just all the mods i had were turned into fusion cores). At least making credits isn't that difficult after you got a bunch of planets open. I finished building a Rhino yesterday and also forged a few weapons the last few days.

The Karak is sweet, so is the Drakgoon.

However the new player experience is pretty appalling right now. I don't see why DE think it's a good idea to give the new player slash damage based weapons when the first enemies you fight are resistant to slash damage.

Zamza, do you play with Logic and co? I saw him playing a few days ago which made me try it again.

My ingame name is same as here if anyone wants to add me.

Nah, I just play with randoms and other BURDYs. My in-game name is Madcat_Zam, look me up and we'll run some bosses or towers. Whatever your fancy.

Level 30 Loki from closed beta.

Just played again a few days ago.

Noticed massive changes to weapon damage and how ineffective my dual Latos have become.

Fully pimped out Cronos still works tho.

A good game to get into, I never spent a single cent on it, but I might have to since I don't feel like grinding that game with the new changes.

Fun Co-op vs AI with Friends, new gamemode featuring PvP duels since I last played.......

So many goddamn changes.

Your name is comix in game too?

They nerfed the Latos for no reason a few patches ago, guess they wanted the life of new players harder. They even nerfed the Lato Vandal which was the closed beta reward.

Also i got damn lucky just now, went to run Apollodorus and joined into a 3 man team, soon after i joined the G3 spawned. I scored the Brack receiver and barrel with no effort on my part. :P

Depends.

The new player experience is one of the worst i've seen at the moment, but some of that can be helped if you put some money into it and use platinum to buy a better primary and secondary weapon (starting ones are crap and unsuited for the enemies you fight) and perhaps a more forgiving frame.

It gets better after you progress, unlock more planets and have access to more stuff (specially mods for your gear). It still lacks a proper endgame tho', but can keep you busy for tens of hours.

Let it download overnight and give it a try i guess. Look for me in game if you need help starting out, i'm around on the evenings.

Anybody can give me a quick overview? I never heard of it and i'm not home so i can't really check it out with my pre-WW2 era phone

At the core it's a fast paced third person PvE shooter, coop with up to another 3 players, but you can play solo (which makes it harder).

You use a warframe, which is a kind of biotech power suit and each frame have 4 diferent abilities, plus you carry a primary weapon, a sidearm and a melee weapon.

You kill dudes, complete missions to unlock more nodes on the starmap, which give you access to resources to craft diferent weapons and frames to kill more dudes with.

Gift weapon for the game anniversary.if you login over the next few days.

•    Dex Furis*: A FREE birthday weapon to celebrate Warframe’s 1 year Open Beta! Login to Warframe before April 2nd @ 11:59 PM EDT to receive this free gift!

A word of advice if you're thinking of buying a weapon with platinum: More expensive doesn't mean better, the prices doesn't really make sense so research before you buy.

E.G: Marelok is stupidly OP and is among the cheapest sidearms, while the Bronco is terrible and quite more expensive(even more so for it's akimbo version).

Is it split into servers? I might check it out in the next few days, looks intresting enough

Your name is comix in game too?

They nerfed the Latos for no reason a few patches ago, guess they wanted the life of new players harder. They even nerfed the Lato Vandal which was the closed beta reward.

Also i got damn lucky just now, went to run Apollodorus and joined into a 3 man team, soon after i joined the G3 spawned. I scored the Brack receiver and barrel with no effort on my part. :P

comix with an extra 'x'.

Some douchebag took the original a long time ago.

Also liking Update 13 with Melee 2.0.

I'm a Master 12 soon to be 13 player. I can't really see myself playing this game other than for events and checking out new stuff the put out. I have pretty much every warframe in the game with the exception of the Loki Prime and Hydroid. As for weapons, I have a pretty large selection although I only really use my Braton Prime as I prefer it over my Soma (rant about that below), I switch between secondaries a lot but as far as Melee weapons go, I'm stuck to using the Dakra Prime with the Crimson Dervish stance (known as the Dakra Dervish combo or Double D). Since the first 3 hits of the combo deal TRIPLE damage and that stacks with damage and melee channel mods, it pretty much does as much damage as the pre-melee 2.0 Galatine does except without the dreaded charge attack. As far as the newly introduced Kubrows go, the eggs in which to acquire them are too damn rare considering you only really get 4 chances at best to find them on Earth runs. Not only that, they have a ludicrously high upkeep cost, even for a player such as myself that has a large amount of disposable income. They were a fun novelty at first but they need far too much for what it's capable of. A sentinel could pretty much do what any 4 of them could do without being limited to a certain role. 

Overpowered Warframes? Nova was nerfed unfortunately, the Streamline + Fleetings expertise spam no longer works for he as Molecular Prime is now duration based. Still a pretty damn good frame though. Rhino Prime gets a comically fast sprint speed with the Arcane Vanguard Helmet and a maxed Rush as well as Ironskin being one of the best abilities in the game, absorbing damage, immunity to stun, stat effects, etc. Damn near unlimited invisibility with Loki if you just put a maxed Energy Siphon, Streamline, Narrow Minded, Continuity, Constitution and Arcane Essence Helmet. Mirage has one useless ability for late game (Sleight of Hand) and gets 3 near OP abilities. Hall of Mirrors + Eclipse turns ANY weapon into a fucking deathmachine while Prism is a Ball of Rape. Mag Prime, still as OP as ever, Streamline + Fleeting Expertise combo allows for Pull/Shield Polarize spam, Crush still pretty good AoE crowd control, Natural Talent just makes it even more spammier. Saryn's Miasma will just literally melt crowds effortlessly. Need I go on?

Braton Prime vs. Soma vs. Burston Prime rant:

So after acquiring the Soma, it became a pretty damn good weapon (pre-nerf), then I got my hands on the Braton Prime, Forma'd the thing 5 times, well worth it. Shortly after the nerf on the Soma, I lost interest and continued to fine tune the ways of the Braton Prime. What I've come to now with the current damage system is that a Max Serration, Split Chamber, 6/10 Heavy Caliber, Max Shred, are constant with all builds for this. That leaves 4 space to play around with elemental damage mods. This is enough to put Radiation + Viral against Grineer, Corrosive + Cold/Heat against Corrupted(Orokin Void)/Infested and either Magnetic + Toxin or Electric + Viral against Corpus. With the Soma however, you put the 4 mods aforementioned constants on, then put on Point Strike and Vital Sense (Soma is a crit gun; they are a MUST), you are left 2 mod space remaining. That's only enough for ONE elemental combination which means you lose out on the flexibility of having 2 damage types for the common and heavy enemy types. You could forego the Heavy Caliber and Shred but you'd be killing your RoF and losing the punch through from Shred while at the same time losing out on the damage increase of Heavy Caliber. Recently however, I got my hands on the Burston Prime, and it's basically a much more situational version of the Braton Prime. Sure it does more damage, but it's a burst weapon. Until the bug where the RoF is hindered by the FPS is fixed, the Braton Prime will reign over it for low end users such as myself. Not only that, you don't really get much of a RoF increase with Shred than you do with the Braton Prime so instead you could either go with Metal Auger for pure Punch Through or just stack more damage with elemental mods.

Winner: Braton Prime (Low End users; can't get 60+ FPS at all times) or Burston Prime (for the rich, I get 120+ FPS on Ultra pplz)

Just started this today, pretty fun but the devs think every new player is a months old vet because they don't tell you how to do anything. Could you guys give me some tips?

Just started this today, pretty fun but the devs think every new player is a months old vet because they don't tell you how to do anything. Could you guys give me some tips?

Pick up a Boltor Prime set from trading for easy mode starting off.

Generally ~30-50P

Run a crapton of low level survival missions for at least 20 min each to level up weapons and frames.

Save plat for buying potatoes and warframe+weapon slots.

I'm sooo wet fir the Soma Prime. Gonna be grinding asap. Almost a shame my regular one has 4 or so formats invested already.