Flametz

Forgotten Hope 2

Well, found this section...

Anyhow, does anyone here play FH2 (or have played it before)? It's a WW2 mod for BF2.

This game was the bridge between the Battlefield series and WoT for me, as I first heard of it on BF3, and in turn I was recommended to play WoT after one FH2 player noted my above-average performance in tanks (specifically the Sherman with a 76mm) there.

I was actually browsing the FH2 forum when Taranov posted they were giving out codes to the WOT beta. 

Welp. 

I started playing the original FH back in 2005 and remember waiting so long till FH2 was released in 07. Best day of my life. 

I still play during random ass hours as Europeans seem to be the only ones who care to play online anymore. 

Found that thread. D: 

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=1408.0

Edited by Tuco22

Ah FH2, good times. I played it a little while back when I still had BF2 installed on my pc. I found it while browsing moddb and then played with 130+ ping and alongside people from the US and Europe haha.

I do remember one map (one winter map, where americans are defending a town in winter... forgot the name >.<)

It had a king tiger. Went up against a couple of shermans. Good lord, the front of it must've been made of stalinamium 200mm thick: they did 0 dmg, and even when a hellcat (76mm) got to my rear, it only did ~1/8 of my hp in dmg before one shotting it.

It led charges well, provided it didn't hit a mine set up by an engi.

Tiger 2 is a complete beast in this mod, of course its always on maps with good allied air power and engineer kits from hell. 

New update btw.

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

fap...

fapfapfapfapfap

I'd like to thank FH2 for introducing me to WoT, though the gateway drug of playing the Crusader Mk.I.  God I love they way that tank looks - second only to the Pz 38(t).  Shame that I don't like either in WoT.

Good to see ya made it to wotlabs EU. :)

Used to platoon with a few of you guys from the forum before the server split.

Yeah, sadly the days of FHA are basically over.  I think that me and leopardi are the only really active players left whoe are still in the clan, everone else either moved to other active clans or left entirely.

That sucks, i was on the wrong server to join FHA unfortunately. 

Is Theta, Siben, Humbug, RoflSeal, angrybeaver, etc still playing over there? 

Not really sure.  Theta, Siben and beaver are gone I think, but I think Humnoob and seal are still about (but in different clans).  Humnoob was in Pirates last I saw of him.