Viruzzz

Tier 6-8 tanks leading to the E-50M

VK 30.02M

Panther

Panther II

How do you play them in a tier game where you are bottom or middle tier?

So far I only have the 3002M, but looking at the gun options and armor for the other two, it looks like they are going to be the same thing at higher tiers.

Whenever I enter a tier 7 or 8 game, it feels like I can't do anything, the pen on the gun feels completely inadequate in dealing with tier 7 heavies and tier 8 anything, and the tank is so huge with no armor that I feel like I have to play super cautiously to avoid ending up as a flaming wreck 3 minutes in. It has no alpha to speak of, nothing to deter someone from pushing on it, I can't even take out a track reliably unless it has already been damaged.

I loved the 3002m, hating the Panther at the moment. At least the VK has some agility.

As for high-tier games in the Panther, snipesnipesnipe, load gold.

I loved the 3002m, hating the Panther at the moment. At least the VK has some agility.

What? 200mm pen and you need to load gold, with .32 accuracy? That L/100 is autopen on same tiers, and can pen T8s easily.

Why spam gold? The AP is more than adequate for most things, and low-alpha gold ammo is hideously overpriced.

Unfortunately the Panther is too situational in tougher matches. If you can't stay far, far away you'll be done in a matter of moments, and not only do you have to get a map that allows for it, the rest of your team has to set up in a manner to allow for it. It's a very polar tank, for instance here's a snapshot of my recent match results.

GLLDwyK.png

Either you set up in a nice spot and merrily ventilate tanks or you get wrecked when a T-54 comes to visit.

I was appalling in the Panther sub 40% winrate and godawful damage ratio. I made a point of saving up enough free XP to fully equip the Panther II straight out of the gate so I never had to shoot 135 damage shells at tier 7+ tanks again.

I'm doing the panther for the Player's choice event. After 50+ games in it I defined a Panther rule of engagement:

1. Never jump right into popular enemy attack routes. Enemies rushing into your face is the worst thing that can happen. Stay away from enemy arrowhead.

2. You need space and distance in order to stay alive. Ideally put all enemies at the edge of spot circle. Anything in less than 300m are extremely dangerous.

3. You need a lot of time shooting with the low alpha gun. Do not encourage enemies to rush you. If they do, do not let them do it quick and easy. Thus hill tops are actually friends despite so-so gun depression. Behind swamp is great. Stay on flat ground is not a smart move. Go into valley is foolish

4. Most unicum suggested map locations contradict rules 1-3. Do not go to them. They are good for other tanks but to Panther are deadtraps.

5. Rule 1-4 applies no matter you are top, middle or bottom.

I am playing this line right now. I am at panther now and I actually like it. It has good pen and the armor is pretty decent.

Vk has crap pen so I used gold ammo a lot.

Almost to the panther II. I think I am doing better in this tank than most, if not all, my other tanks. But can't be sure. Wish it could hide but knowing it can not I have taken to sidescrapping with it, at distance if possible, and really ticking people off.