Valachio

WZ-120

After 72 games, I'm rocking a 33,33% winrate on my 120. Played about 50 games with the scout tank gun, then used my free xp for the turret to mount 110 gun.

Not sure if this it's a statistical oddity(possible given the small sample size), or if there is something about T9/10 games that I just don't get. My best game so far was a 4,9k damage loss. The sheer amount of hp on both teams seems to make it impossible to carry games when my team decided to go full retard.

After 72 games, I'm rocking a 33,33% winrate on my 120. Played about 50 games with the scout tank gun, then used my free xp for the turret to mount 110 gun.

Not sure if this it's a statistical oddity(possible given the small sample size), or if there is something about T9/10 games that I just don't get. My best game so far was a 4,9k damage loss. The sheer amount of hp on both teams seems to make it impossible to carry games when my team decided to go full retard.

I wouldnt play any tank with stock guns, no exceptions. If using free-xp(ergo. using gold) isnt possible, just restrain to doubles until you reach the top gun.

Briefly about the tank: You have to find the spots to make that 122 sing endlessly, the damage adds up rapidly. WZ-120 isnt an "traditional" medium, since it doesnt have very good dpm, use that to relocate into a better position between shots: Cloak into the sides of enemies, plant 440 alpha in them, relocate, repeat.

btw: My winrate with T54 was around 25% after 30 games, that included 17 game losing streak,but it's raising little by little to my average WR. 

Free xp isn't a possibility as I can't really afford to spend money on this game. Hooray for unemployment and so forth. I've survived all of my stock grinds until now by playing doubles and plan to keep doing so.

Other than a small number of platoon games, I've been keeping to doubles on the 120 as well. It's just that too often it takes 5 or more games to get that double. I'm leaning towards statistic oddity as the main reason for the winrate, especially since a lot of my losses are of the "oh the gametime is 12:30 and half of my team is dead" variety. Probably just need to tough it out and bring my stats back to decent levels over the next few hundred games.

Despite all that, I've enjoyed the 120 so far. Maybe it's because I haven't played the T54 for comparison, but even with the 100mm gun I feel I can do a lot of work. Just not quite enough to solocarry.

I've also been suffering the WZ-120 semi-stock grind. FreeXPd the tracks and turret. Had the WZ-132 top gun unlocked already. The WZ-120 with the 110 gun feels like the T-54 with D-54 gun. Bad aimtime, bad accuracy, bad everything. It was such a relief when I switched the T-54 to D-10T2C. Unfortunately this isn't possible here.

Unlocked the 122mm the other day but havent given it a run yet. Assume my playstyle will switch to T-34-3-like now with this bad gun dep, reload and gun handling. Looking forward to it, though, as I like the T-34-3 with improved gun handling skills and equipment. (BIA, Smooth Ride, Snap Shot, Vert+GLD; Still undecided if going rammer or Vents. Likeley the former.)

Assume my playstyle will switch to T-34-3-like now with this bad gun dep, reload and gun handling. Looking forward to it, though, as I like the T-34-3 with improved gun handling skills and equipment. (BIA, Smooth Ride, Snap Shot, Vert+GLD; Still undecided if going rammer or Vents. Likeley the former.)

You can still be effective at range, but you need to be exposed for longer so need to have a good grasp of the vision mechanic.

Had a pretty epic game in it

(higher resolutions will come once YouTube process them)

http://wotreplays.com/site/1154778#self

What is with the triangle with the exclamation point in it? I see your sixth pop up, but what is that?

What is with the triangle with the exclamation point in it? I see your sixth pop up, but what is that?

Enemy in close proximity.  It has two icons depending on distance, but you see that it triggers when the medium derps in on him.

Wow, how is that legal?

Why wouldn't it be?  It isn't telling you anything if you don't spot them, it's just alerting you if someone is coming in behind you.  It's information that is available (on the minimap, and on the screen depending where you are looking).

Personally I think it would get pretty annoying in most fights where you frequently have people in proximity and already know about them.  Yes I KNOW there is an E100 right in front of me!  I'm not sure if it factors in your turret or hull orientation to figure out when to light up.

tbh I rarely notice it anymore, and only look for it in situations where I have to be careful not to get proxied. I play with a 1440p resolution, so the minimap is pretty far from center of screen, so making my eyes look at it, is an disadvantage in such situations.

<offtopic>

The 122mm is amazing. Not even remotely as bloomy and crap in all gun handling aspects as I thought it would be. Nice punch. Love it.

</offtopic>

Unlocked the 122mm today. I agree with emwexx that's it not nearly as derpy as people make it out to be. Dropping 440dmg bombs on people feels great and not having to shoot gold because of the pen feels nice. The depression can be tricky, but what's life without some challenge.

Basically I love this tank and should probably marry it so the things I want to do won't be considered a sin.

Wait with your promises till you get to the 121. I hear in christian culture polygamy is prohibited.

Two points:

You got capped out by a GW Tiger???

You platooned with arty?

Two points:

You got capped out by a GW Tiger???

You platooned with arty?

Platoon mate was going for his x3, I don't like it, but I don't tell my platoonmates what they can/can't bring.

I had driven across the map to kill the arty off (since they were last alive), and the GW had gone to our cap. My engine was broken and I didn't get back with enough time.

Should I go straight from the -2 to the WZ-120 without making a detour to the light line(for the 100mm)?

How much free XP do you have???

I tried it from stock, got the shits with the wz120 and started up the lights.

Gaiz, I am  nearly finished with my T-34-1. Excellent little machine.

Is the T-34-2 a grind, or is it a pleasure to play through ala 34-1?

I honestly don't want to spend the bazillion credits on a tier 8 with equipment & crew for something that is just unfun to play. I have and can easily freexp straight to the WZ120 and elite it bar the 121 ofc.

Reading through the gun choice thread, it appears running a 100mm T-34-2 is a smaller, faster, less armoured Type 59 but with much better gun handling but sliiightly less dep. That doesn't sound toooo bad, I mean I do exceptionally well in the Type, so would that playstyle fit well for the 34-2?

Reading through the gun choice thread, it appears running a 100mm T-34-2 is a smaller, faster, less armoured Type 59 but with much better gun handling but sliiightly less dep. That doesn't sound toooo bad, I mean I do exceptionally well in the Type, so would that playstyle fit well for the 34-2?

Much better gun handling? The gun itself is identical apart from bloom on turret, turn and move. But I wouldn't say that they differ that much to make a noticeable effect. Just checked the values in WoT Database app. The 2.9 aim time is the brutal thing. Would drive the 34-2 with a different setup nowadays I think.

Going from that thread again, the 34-2 is smaller, better camo'd and faster than the t44 with a stronker turret.

I mean why play a Type 59 over the T44 by that logic?

Honestly I feel that if I'm trying to drag up reasons as to why I want to play a tank I'm better off skipping it utterly. At least the 120 has the stellar 120mm that is actually decent.

You could see the -2 as kind of a teacher which familiarizes you with the use of the 122mm. Especially the -3° depression can be a bit unnerving, sometimes.

Didnt play the -2 myself, as I went through the light line (see signature).