Valachio

WZ-120

Going from that thread again, the 34-2 is smaller, better camo'd and faster than the t44 with a stronker turret.

Pretty much it. The 34-2 is decent. It's not one of the light and day tier progressions, like say a P2 -> E50 or anything, but it is still nice. And fwiw, the gun handling of the 100mm is noticeably better than on the 59. Basically if you've ever thought you could sacrifice your 59's UFP for better mobility and gun handling, the 34-2 could be for you.

Pretty much it. The 34-2 is decent. It's not one of the light and day tier progressions, like say a P2 -> E50 or anything, but it is still nice. And fwiw, the gun handling of the 100mm is noticeably better than on the 59. Basically if you've ever thought you could sacrifice your 59's UFP for better mobility and gun handling, the 34-2 could be for you.

I try not to make a habit of taking hits in my Type anyway, so this sounds like an excellent mixture. Mobility & gun handling means less exposure anyway, so you don't even need it I guess. Hmm maybe I'll get it after all.

So how do you Prokhorovka in this tank? Best thing I can come up with is sniping the hill from the middle, but the gun handling makes that hardly ideal. Going anywhere else I find myself not being able to do much because of the depression.

Also, 3rd crew skill? Full repairs, Recon/3x repair or BiA? Got camo and SS/Snap/Smooth/Situational Awareness as my first two.

Also, 3rd crew skill? Full repairs, Recon/3x repair or BiA? Got camo and SS/Snap/Smooth/Situational Awareness as my first two.

I'd consider BiA. But repairs would be helpful if you tend to play a closer range game.

Is the WZ-120 better in its tier than the 121? 

I find it to be. The 120's gun is a love hate thing. If you can tolerate its handling and general lack of precision, then the pen and alpha are really a stand out for me. Plus 440 alpha against the odd 7 is cruelly fun.

Depends. If you can keep your distance, the 120 is really good. On medium range, the guns accuracy does not troll you too hard and the damage is really whopping. Agility is good as well, giving you an edge in tight spaces.

However, if it comes to ranged combat, the 122 lets you feel that its not designed primarily for sniping. Sure, some shots will hit, but it can also get you started/upset really quick.

In close range you wreck heavies, but you gotta keep away from T54s. They just out-dpm you, their gun being capable of penning your UFP if nor correctly angled.

I'd estimate that the 120 can be considered the stronger/better, tier for tier. Looking at the 10s in the mediums section only, the chinese are second to the russians. The (kind of) newly introduced STB fills itself in the gap between the russians and the chinese. Then there is the leopard, which excels when you favor a mobile playstyle. And the 50M is another force to be reckoned, tho it suffers from its DPM.

In the 9s, the 120 really is only second to the russians, and this only by a very close margin. The japanese line does not get inbetween, the german line has the PTA and the E50.

Still, I find the 121 more rewarding to play, as you dont suffer this "i'm only a t9 vehicle in a t10 battle" feeling. Especially the reload and the UFP let you really feel the difference.

After reading Garbad's tier 9 rankings, I put my WZ 111 model 1-4 crew back into the Chinameds at the WZ-120, even though I have all the Chinese tanks unlocked. This tank ain't as bad as I remembered it. I can see why Garbad ranked it slightly higher than the 1-4: the extra mobility and ability to abuse vision put it ahead despite its reduced armor, gun depression, and weaker alpha hit compared to the 1-4.

Not bad, really! As sr360 said, the 1-4 isn't really meant to be an anchor anyway. Nice to have a tier 9 with a few more tricks up its sleeve than a big boomstick and a strong turret.

Yep, this thing is kind of amazing:

DXjPbmQ.png

This tank has terrific low-end acceleration, which lets you work in and out of brawls with that nasty boomstick much better than the WZ-111 model 1-4 could. Being able to abuse vision control on some maps, along with the quick aimtime of a VStab/GLD/Optics/Food setup makes this thing feel perfectly at home in both brawls and open maps. I don't think I've run into a situation where I felt I was fighting the tank to do what I want it to do, and that's pretty damned good.

The three losses I had I can mostly attribute to mistakes I made based on my team's positioning. On Live Oaks, I could've won by being patient since we had their 183 and remaining forces locked in the NE corner near their spawn. Mines was one of those unwinnable games where a 50B/T57 potato-toon went from the northern spawn to the NE corner and did nothing, letting everyone on hill perish. I took some early damage from an IS-7 that I shouldn't have and as a result had to camp back away from the front line. Lakeville, our heavies at southern spawn decided to snipe from the SE corner and I tried to scout the city alone and ran headfirst into a T54E1 that clipped me.

Well I finally have it, alas missing my ultra-crew from the type.

Sadly though I was hoping for it to have the 122. Nah. It's not even got the 60k 100mm.

I do not want to spend 60 on such a shitty 100mm :|

Urge to use the xp to just go right to the 121, is it the same gun? So it would make sense to skip the 122 in a way.

I have been sitting on this tank for 7 months. Unlocked but not purchased because I have none of the modules from the heavy line unlocked for it... I fear the 100mm stock grind o.O

I have been sitting on this tank for 7 months. Unlocked but not purchased because I have none of the modules from the heavy line unlocked for it... I fear the 100mm stock grind o.O

Why not just do what I do, use stock tanks during x5 events. Do one win and that's it for the day. You'd be surprised how well it works, especially if you're not in a hurry. Sure, you're not going to have the same winrate as someone who buys and converts XP for every tank, but it's the second best thing.

Why not just do what I do, use stock tanks during x5 events. Do one win and that's it for the day. You'd be surprised how well it works, especially if you're not in a hurry. Sure, you're not going to have the same winrate as someone who buys and converts XP for every tank, but it's the second best thing.

That is my usual MO. It's just everytime I think about buying it I look at the xp cost of the turret and two guns I need and think 'blegh!' I suspect I will charge ahead with that though next time it is on track.

That is my usual MO. It's just everytime I think about buying it I look at the xp cost of the turret and two guns I need and think 'blegh!' I suspect I will charge ahead with that though next time it is on track.

FWIW China HT line from 7 to 9 is quite enjoyable and not really arduous. 

FWIW China HT line from 7 to 9 is quite enjoyable and not really arduous. 

Yeah I heard that and gave the IS-2 a quick go and failed miserably. Though I suspect that's more to do with my shit heavy play than the tank. Might have to revisit it. Maybe drop my 3 skill WZ132 crew in it to help me suck less.

Yeah I heard that and gave the IS-2 a quick go and failed miserably. Though I suspect that's more to do with my shit heavy play than the tank. Might have to revisit it. Maybe drop my 3 skill WZ132 crew in it to help me suck less.

Back when it had a HEAT round that had 300 penetration and before HEAT mechanics were nerfed, it was a bloody force to be reckoned with. Imagine penetrating Tier IX tanks with ease almost anywhere with a gun on a tier VII heavy... That gun was bloody ridiculous hehe

Took a break from grinding the AMX 50 100 to play a handful of games in the WZ-120 today. This is easily my favorite tank in the game. Finally picked up the second MoE and I feel like the third is well within reach.

I think I might just play this tank exclusively for a while like Luthrior did with the E 50. My only ragret is that I can't have another WZ-120 in my garage for those rare games when I die early and want to hop into another match. It's so good.

It's got a little bit of everything -- camo, mobility, AP round penetration, alpha, and DPM. There's literally not a single map that makes me groan when I see it loading while driving my WZ-120. I keep grinding all these other tank lines hoping for the next "high" when I've already got the perfect tank waiting for me to play. It's the perfect solopub tank for me.

I should stop grinding out new tanks and just play the thing. Become the 28k-game Tazilon of the WZ-120.

I love you, WZ-120. I hope your greatness stays obscure and out of the defiling reach of the HD remodel nerf bat.

Once I buy the 113, can I use the 122 mm 60-122T gun on the WZ-120 without researching the 100 mm 62-100T gun? 

Important note since I just bought the 120 thanks to the weekend sale.

You have to unlock the 2nd 100mm and the turret prior to using the 120.

Important note since I just bought the 120 thanks to the weekend sale.

You have to unlock the 2nd 100mm and the turret prior to using the 120.

The 2nd 100m makes it a t54 with the old 100mm gun (before the Lel HEAT spam gun)