AirG

how to exercise efficiently? :v

Been going on treadmill every few hours  3-4 times a day at:
1-2 mins: 1.0 mph
2-5 mins: 1.5 mph
5-10 mins: 2.5 mph
10-20~30 mins: 3.0 mph

for the past 3 weeks I've been at 220 lbs and haven't been able to lose any.
I do eat lightly, my height is around 5 feet 8-10 inches, annnnd, I'm at home 24/7 playing wot most of the time when i'm not on the treadmill. :P

Any recommendations/changes to my routine? 

Been thinking about going for longer to about 50 mins to an hour.

There are two sides to losing weight, calorie expense and calorie intakes. The fastest way to control your body, whether to lose weight or gain weight like I'm doing right now, is control both. If you're not losing weight, and you don't have any illness that you know of, it's because your calorie intake is same or greater than your calorie expense. 

To see fast results, you need to track of what you eat. And by track I mean weight, plan ahead and track everything you eat. You need to know all the macro nutrition in all your food, then sum them up in portions that you eat. The easiest way is using a spreadsheet, and I can share mine if you want. You'll also want to add weight lifting to your routine. Yes, gaining muscle will make you weight more initially, but it will help you burn fat in the long run and there is no down side of having more muscle. 

For weight loss, your macro nutrition should be 1.2 grams of protein, 1 gram of carbs per pound of body weight, and 1 gram of fat per 5 pound of body weight. Yes, planning everything you eat ahead of time in portions sound like a huge pain in the ass, but this is the fastest way in terms of progress per days. You might have to spend a few hours a week doing your meal plans, but it will save you months if not years in terms of reaching where you want to be.

Get off the treadmill and lift weights. Either find a trusted friend who can show you how to or invest in a couple personal training sessions. And don't lift the really tiny 5# weights or try to throw 200# over your head on the first go.

We can talk privately if you want. I was 220# when I was 17 and have been lifting weights ever since (going on 15 years now). You stand to lose a ton of fat and gain a bit of muscle.

first of all - start using proper units of measurement! Flour is measured in lbs and miles in the nautical area.

That aside the prussian soldier was expected to march at 6 km/h with full equipment (~20-30 kg) all day long on good roads. Now open your history book and look up what prussia achieved under Friedrich I/II.

To lose weight, run long distances. Speed isn't important, assuming you're moving fast enough that you aren't completely sandbagging. Running ten miles at a low speed will burn a lot of calories.

Doing sprints is good for the heart but doesn't do a lot for weight loss. I served with a soldier that was a little overweight. If we played football for PT he could get off the line like nobody's business, but a lousy two mile run at a speed I could manage backwards just about killed him.

- You're better off focusing it into 1 session, rather than spreading it over 3-4.

- Try increasing the speed, thus decreasing the time you spend on it. Intense exercise is more productive than long slow shit.

- Try that 6 meals a day diet thing

- You're better off focusing it into 1 session, rather than spreading it over 3-4.

- Try increasing the speed, thus decreasing the time you spend on it. Intense exercise is more productive than long slow shit.

- Try that 6 meals a day diet thing

My understanding is that you're wrong about intense exercise when it comes to weight loss. I've never had to lose weight, so this is second hand, but when I was in the Army all the guys that needed to lose weight were told to go on long, reasonably slow runs, not doing sprints. Like I say, sprints are great for your heart but 10 miles at a low speed is better than doing two miles in twelve minutes.

OP, also, half an hour's exercise a day is going to have a limited effect.

My understanding is that you're wrong about intense exercise when it comes to weight loss. I've never had to lose weight, so this is second hand, but when I was in the Army all the guys that needed to lose weight were told to go on long, reasonably slow runs, not doing sprints. Like I say, sprints are great for your heart but 10 miles at a low speed is better than doing two miles in twelve minutes.

If that's the Army's plan for weight loss then a lot of things are starting to make sense.

If that's the Army's plan for weight loss then a lot of things are starting to make sense.

That's the Army's plan for exercising for weight loss. The real fat guys also learn to eat right when they need to lose weight.

Get your intensity up, 3mph is walking, double your speed and you'll burn much more calories

Well, yes. 3 mph is way too slow. 6 mph might be better while still being doable for a long run even if you're out of shape.

Thanks everyone for the tips!

no more soda

noooo! D:

(I haven't had soda in like a year or so.)

Also, due to my treadmill being a "hand me down", I can't do much over 3 mph, or else it will break, derp. 

Guess i'll do a slower speed over a long period of time/distance. 

I have no weights, and I'm not into the whole cardio thing. 

dude weight loss is like 90% diet, 10% exercise

not even kidding

consume less calories than you expend, that's all there is to it

I'm 194cm and like 80kg.. So I've never had a weight problem but I do it to stay physically fit for sports, intensity is important... 

dude weight loss is like 90% diet, 10% exercise

not even kidding

consume less calories than you expend, that's all there is to it

Or burn more than you take in. Some people are so inert it's too difficult to cut back calories without trashing nutrition at the same time.

But yes, no sody pop. Or cookies. Or cake. Or Snickers.

6 meals a day have no been proven to help with weight loss. When you eat or how often you eat does not matter, it's all about the macro nutrition count. I'm eating 6 meals a day right now, not because it's a better way, but because the amount of calories I need for bulking adds up to be so much food (if eating healthy food instead of high fat junk food) that I just can't eat them in 3 meals so I have to split them into 6.

For cardio, high intensity interval training (sprint mixed with resting jog for example) is more time efficient than low intensity cardio. Although for someone just starting off, your cardiovascular system probably can't support too much high intensity interval excersise, so you should stick with low intensity cardio for now (not walking, your heart rate still needs to hit the target heart rate for your age group) and start doing more high intensity cardio once you're in better shape.

I cut back on late night snacks and finally made it so I was losing weight. No matter what you eat or how healthy it is, if your metabolism is slower than all that food is made into fat no matter what. Those late night snacks really built up for me and I now track what I eat and how much for a conditioning class I've lost a good amount of weight and u feel great

For the workout part, you do your cardio after you wake up before you eat breakfast at around 60% of your max bpm for 30-60 min. You add some weight lifting in the mix 4-5 times a weak and get an active lifestyle.

For the diet part, you cut all fast food and trans fat (except for cheat day 1 time a month), drink a lot of water, follow okeano advice for macro nutrition, eat more smaller meals than big ones (6 meals a day).

This should be a good start up if you need more insight on weight lifting work out and other stuff you can pm me.

If you want to lose weight you need to make some efforts... you won t lose any if you stay home eating kfc ;)

I cut back on late night snacks and finally made it so I was losing weight. No matter what you eat or how healthy it is, if your metabolism is slower than all that food is made into fat no matter what. Those late night snacks really built up for me and I now track what I eat and how much for a conditioning class I've lost a good amount of weight and u feel great

Yes, late night carbs really hurts fat burning through out the night during sleep, so there should be no carbs after dinner.

If you want to lose weight you need to make some efforts... you won t lose any if you stay home eating kfc ;)

Cept in puberty, i'm 6.4, weigh 140lbs, take in more then 4000 calories daily, do minimal exercise and still manage to be hungry all day......fuck puberty 

Okeano, its a specific diet plan which some doctor wrote 2 books about (1 for men and 1 for women) I can't remember his name but the whole idea behind it was 6 small meals spread over your average day which, when done correctly, improves your metabolic rate. I don't have any proof behind it to show you but it does seem to make sense.