Dlur

Minecraft Thread

I've been with minecraft since alpha and played it on and off, but haven't really gotten back into it. There isnt something like a community server or anything?

http://evalithia.com/craft-beer/day/

Vic if you really wanna start playing again, let me know and I'll get my server back online.

My server meaning it runs on my PC and goes off when I go to bed.

Is that vanilla MC, Evelyn?

I can't go back to vanilla now and i just dipped my toes in the mods for now. You're able to gather more resources faster but also way more stuff to spend them on.

The Direwolf20 pack is easy to get started with modded MC, specially since he does let's plays with his pack.

McMMO – iConomy – WorldGuard – CoreProtect

Lockette – ChestShop – CreeperHeal

I play Minecraft mostly to build stuff, but I also like the challenge survival mode gives.  I built that tower and the big highway completely in survival mode. The tower goes to max height. I need to work on the rest of the city now.

I have minecraft as well but tend to get bored on single player servers. I do enjoy just building on servers with other people because I can take breaks and see what others are making.

Anybody still plays MC?

I've got interested in it again but this time i'm playing with a big modpack, the Direwolf20 pack from Feed the Beast.

Haven't built anything cool yet but am having fun figuring out all the stuff from the mod. I feel in love with the advanced toolmaking from Tinker's Construct. Last night i made a Bronze/Alluminite hammer that mines in a 3x3 area and has 14k durability.

I played DW20 for a while.  Been mostly playing Monster (an ever bigger FTB pack...) when I do play.  Tinker's Construct is a great addon.  You can put a  few bonuses like Fortune or Auto-Repair on that hammer.

Of course, I consider Tinker's to mostly be an early game mod.  Something to help you get started.  I try to build my way to full automation.  Quarry+ network working in a Mystcraft spawned alternate map, power and items flowing between dimensions using Tesseracts, and everything feeding into digital storage through Applied Energistics.  Meanwhile, Advanced Genetics has me flying while flinging fireballs!  And don't even get started on the magical side.  Thaumcraft can devour young lives....

I got Minecraft late in December, and I've been playing it sometimes when I just want to chill. I had fun playing it with my brother because it reminds me of when we used to play with Legos as kids. I've only been playing it vanilla thus far to try and get a sense of the different crafting recipes and how to farm animals, and things of that nature.

I wouldn't mind playing it with other people, but I don't get back from work until late at night for 5 days out of the week.

I played DW20 for a while. Been mostly playing Monster (an ever bigger FTB pack...) when I do play. Tinker's Construct is a great addon. You can put a few bonuses like Fortune or Auto-Repair on that hammer.

Of course, I consider Tinker's to mostly be an early game mod. Something to help you get started. I try to build my way to full automation. Quarry+ network working in a Mystcraft spawned alternate map, power and items flowing between dimensions using Tesseracts, and everything feeding into digital storage through Applied Energistics. Meanwhile, Advanced Genetics has me flying while flinging fireballs! And don't even get started on the magical side. Thaumcraft can devour young lives....

Yeah I have no idea what you just said. I cant remember having used any mods. There have been times Ive thought about installing some.

This is the TiCon hammer i made, bronze head, two Alluminite large plates and a blue slime handle. It's a good mid tier hammer. The armor is bronze armor.

KGIP0Ga.png

And this is the smeltery for making TiCon tools.

7ltq9Jo.jpg

Also one of the mods adds meteors and they can make some really cool craters:

Mzjtxvl.jpg

lRv5bJG.jpg

Vq74JZA.jpg

Minecraft is always in my mind these days, I just don't have the time for it.  I have plans for what I want to do in a world, Vanilla ideally, but the builds can be done in anything.  The plan's always been to get a small private server (Realms works well for this) for myself, the GF, and maybe others, and use that.

Gotta focus on getting a bigger apartment first though.  Priorities and all that.

You scrub Shackram.  Bronze?  Get yourself a Cobalt or Manyullum tool!

Yeah I have no idea what you just said. I cant remember having used any mods. There have been times Ive thought about installing some.

Minecraft is a pretty incredible canvass.  It's ready to become damn near anything that can be imagined.  Some of those mods just do convenient things.  Others completely change the game.  Machines, full automation, devices that will mine a 256 by 256 area all the way down to bedrock.  Devices that will mine bedrock....

We had a wotlabs minecraft server.  It's ded.

Apparently so did the Golemland server I posted about a while ago, though I left it months ago. I talked to a few people two weeks ago about setting up a server for large scale survival community builds and there is interest. Idea is to agree to a seed before hand along with a general list of what to build and in what style then work from there. Haven't set anything up myself because I recently bought a place and will be moving soon.

You scrub Shackram.  Bronze?  Get yourself a Cobalt or Manyullum tool!

Soon™. Not in a rush for top tier alloy and bronze makes good, cheap to repair tools for overworld work.

Fiddled with Botania yesterday and made a Ring of Magnetization and Sojourner's Sash.

Yeah, I'm lured by the idea of playing minecraft, but then I fire up my local server where my son and I play, poke around for 15 minutes and I'm good for another 3 months.  I think I still haven't gotten over my binge-play from when Gash's wotlabs server was up.

Yeah, I'm lured by the idea of playing minecraft, but then I fire up my local server where my son and I play, poke around for 15 minutes and I'm good for another 3 months.  I think I still haven't gotten over my binge-play from when Gash's wotlabs server was up.

You wanna build towers? You wanna build towers.

:3

You wanna build towers? You wanna build towers.

:3

I'd rather build walls, if its all the same to you.  Bitches love walls.

Dlur can tell you.  I build awesome walls.

I'd rather build walls, if its all the same to you.  Bitches love walls.

Dlur can tell you.  I build awesome walls.

Look at the map in the link I posted. To the northwest is a big wall :3

Not bad, not bad.  Points for size and originality, points lost for torches though.  Torches along the sides take all the splendor away from the structure!  You just gotta build it so any 'ledges' are slabs or stairs, so mobs can't spawn.  Or, incorporate glowing blocks!