Okeano

Tiger I - The holy crusade for German supremacy

It's no Hellcat by any means, but way better than then general perception. Our job is to change the general perception.

Unfortunately the general perception is tainted by 2+ years of pure suckitude.

SImple advice: fuck padding and the like.

Decide wether or not you want to play the tank based on wheter or not you LIKE to play the tank. Expected stats and supposed inflating/deflating effect on WN8 shouldn't be in your priority list when deciding what to play. Let's say they shouldn't be in the top 100 reasons.

SImple advice: fuck padding and the like.

Decide wether or not you want to play the tank based on wheter or not you LIKE to play the tank. Expected stats and supposed inflating/deflating effect on WN8 shouldn't be in your priority list when deciding what to play. Let's say they shouldn't be in the top 100 reasons.

What this man said.

No idea how I managed it, but I had a 58% WR in my Tiger 1 as a 47% overall player and it being my 1st tier 7 a LONG time ago. I have always liked the tank and it has never left my garage. I started playing it regularly again after the ROF increase. It wasn't bad before, but that buff dethroned the T29 as the uncontested king of tier 7. I have been playing it even more since they added the HD model. I just want to keep looking at it... =D

I don't care much for Tiger I.  That's why I only have 1,292 battles in mine.  =D

Always up for a x3 Tiger Zug. 

No idea how I managed it, but I had a 58% WR in my Tiger 1 as a 47% overall player and it being my 1st tier 7 a LONG time ago. I have always liked the tank and it has never left my garage. I started playing it regularly again after the ROF increase. It wasn't bad before, but that buff dethroned the T29 as the uncontested king of tier 7. I have been playing it even more since they added the HD model. I just want to keep looking at it... =D

Damn, now I have a dilemna.  

hmmm, I have mine rebought and fitted. Now I only need to decide wether or not my future Tiger crew will finish their first skill in Tiger H or in Tiger P. Am tempted to transfer now, but I somehow don't want to play this beauty without 6th :/
This tank is really nice now. First tank that I sold and immediately regretted it even though the Tiger II is really good for EU.
Need to buy this back and start projet Tiger Ace: Get 60% WR on this thing. I probably won't manage that, but I really want to try. Just for the sake of being able to argue with the historical correctness baddies that still think Tiger is UP.

Just sold my VK36.01H an bought the Tiger I. If I understand correctly GLD, Optics and rammer are preferred modules for this tank? I thought that the RoF of the Tiger I would be too high to make effective use of the rammer and that maybe vents would be a better option. Or should I just use rammer?

What crew skills are the way to go? BIA, situational awareness, eagle eye, repair, snap shot?

So far I have done 3 fights in my newly acquired Tiger I. Three loses 1050 damage on average.

This thread is making me think that going through the D.W. 2 might have been worth it. Now looking hungrily up the line to tier 7, not just tier 8.

So stronk. No rammer and no GLD yet because i'm poor, but the tank is still fun and prints credit like there was no tomorrow.

I am struggling a lot with the Tiger I. It seems it is never top tank. But that could be a matter of perception. However all those tier 8 and 9 TDs really hurt the poor old Tiger I. Right now I struggle to do more then 500 damage per battle. Those ISU's, 704's etc really love the Tiger I.

My main problem with the Tiger I is the total lack of armour. Even scout tanks like the T20 can penetrate the front armour with ease.

Did about 20 battles yesterday in my Tiger I, 850 WN8.

Playing the Tiger I, and sucking at it.

Pro:

• DPM
  • Decent mobility
  • Hit point pool

Con: Armour? Nah. (And they still sling loads of apcr to me)

Anybody has pointers, replays, guides, anything to show me how to play this tank?

Recently I had a battle in which my little Tiger I, did 4121 damage. That made me smile. I know most of you do so much damage every battle. But still for me it was a nice result.

I ran Optics/rammer/vents for a while to see if this would work, and it did pretty well in conjuction with snap shot - smooth ride - BIA ... switched vents to EGLD heeding Rexxies kind words and I am doing a little better ... noticibly while shooting on the move at moving targets and ducking in and out from cover

I noticed about the same ~ slightly more DPG, but more importantly I am conserving more HPs due to less exposure time and surviving longer and finishing more battles