Gashtag

WoTLabs Minecraft server

I was about to get on tanks, but came across a video explaining how to make anvils last forever... I figured people were probably getting tired of replacing anvils, so I immediately tested it at my house and then installed 3 of the machines in the ender ender.

Overall the project took longer than I thought it would, but I think it turned out nicely:

2lt09k6.jpg

In case your interested in how the machine works, when you press the button, a dispenser fires an arrow through the lava, setting it on fire, and into the cauldron. A sticky piston then pulls the cauldron back and immediately pushes it forward to make the arrow fall on the anvil.

A burning entity, including flaming arrows, is put out by being submerged in a cauldron, this makes the cauldron lose 1 level of water. Cauldrons hold water in the code like so:

Cauldron:0 = empty

Cauldron:1 = 1 bottle of water

Cauldron:2 = 2 bottles of water

Cauldron:3 = 3 bottles of water, or full

Anvils are a little different, because they are directional:

Anvil:0,1,2,3 = New anvil, in any direction

Anvil:4,5,6,7 = Broken anvil, in any direction

Anvil:8,7,10,11 = Very broken anvil, in any direction.

The numbers are meta data numbers, and an arrow saves the meta data number of the block its stuck in, and transfers it to the block it falls onto... Because the cauldron is empty, the arrow saves the meta data number of 0, when it transfers it to the anvil, the anvil gets reset to 0.

Thank you Panda4994 on youtube for making a video explaining how to make it. I didn't copy his design completely, the redstone has to be changed up a bit to accommodate for 3 being so close together, but it was his general design.

tl:dr The machine exploits a weird arrow code.

The machine works for any anvil sitting in front of it, so you can bring your anvils to the ender ender from home, and repair them.

Some brave adventurers (not me) lit up the area and installed halfslabs and various other devices to block the mobs from spawning so we could get to work.

Those adventurers would be Gash & I.  :thumbup:

However, I would exercise caution around the spawners, because despite our efforts, the occasional blaze randomly spawns (even though we half-slabbed and torched the place).

Those adventurers would be Gash & I.  :thumbup:

However, I would exercise caution around the spawners, because despite our efforts, the occasional blaze randomly spawns (even though we half-slabbed and torched the place).

Indeed they were.  It was pretty late when I typed all that up so my memory was starting to not work so well.

I moved the actual Nether portal that goes to spawn down to y92 or something so it would be on the same level as the hub I built to the west on the battle plain.  So at this point those spawners are all 10+ layers above the portal room I built.  There's some stairs leading up to that area where the spawners are and I'll probably try to figure out some sort of Death by Fire arena up there.  Just need to enclose the area completely in with stone/cobblestone and make sure the walls surrounding it are far enough out and thick enough so that we don't get random ghasts spawning inside the portal room or hub.  Enclosing the area with a containment sarcophagus shouldn't be so bad, but removing all those torches and half slabs from the interior might get interesting :)  RIP my armor.

That texture pack looks nice. I usually use Faithful 32. Nice job on the build too. Skills that I lack are still fun to look at.

Texture pack is Chroma Hills.  I've tried a few other ones, but keep going back to this one even though it isn't really considered a high res one.  It's got a bit of a cartoonish feel to it, without being over the top like some other textures in that category.  My PC can easily run 256 and 512 texture packs, but sometimes more isn't necessarily better.

Also hoping people like the hub I built.  If you don't like it there's ample opportunity to outdo my mediocre aesthetics capabilities by building a south or east hub off the spawn portal room :)

If nobody knows I built a nether portal house thing on an island ~1000 blocks south of my former house, which I will (quite) eventually turn into something like Cheyenne mountain from Stargate, with the nether portal in the gate room. 

Just saying, in case someone needs to know.

FTFY - Dlur

Edit: Hey, it ain't that bad... just the roof is almost completely destroyed..  :tongue:

If nobody knows I built a nether portal house thing on an island ~1000 blocks south of my former house, which I will (quite) eventually turn into something like Cheyenne mountain from Stargate, with the nether portal in the gate room. 

Just saying, in case someone needs to know.

FTFY - Dlur

Edit: Hey, it ain't that bad... just the roof is almost completely destroyed..  :tongue:

I'm hearing that your roof needs some pink wool and zombie flesh?

*edit* parts of the floor have been patched, and decorations have been added. Though there seems to have been....an accident...

My roof needs to be replaced with doublechests full of rotten flesh. Only then will it return to being my house.

I've moved out some where around 4000 blocks west. Found a area where several biomes are close to one another. Once I gather up resources and get the place homey I'll make a nether tunnel back to the hub. That should take a good few months of my minecraft time....taken away from WoT time!   :P

Thanks for the texture pack info Dlur. Down loading it now.

My roof needs to be replaced with doublechests full of rotten flesh. Only then will it return to being my house.

Well.... chests certainly belong a proportional distance above what's currently on your roof.

Ok, I need to see whatever's happened while i was gone, lol.

Is there a way to see deathcount? I want to know how much less I die with some armor and a bow now.

Should be in your menu under statistics.

Those tend to reset, like Achievements, on MP servers.

I'll look for a Death Counter plugin though, its on my list for sure.  Maybe some additional death messages or something for fun...

well, after some building over the last few days when I have been on, I have pretty much finished my little Cove. I took an SS of it from the entrance:

gegkfLO.jpg

theres a little more to it than what the Screeny shows. the little cottage there is sitting on top of my underwater house.  if you want to have a look its south of Nevers Treetanfall. on the same path that leads to treetanfall. just follow the path all the way from spawn, past the village, through the dark oak biome, and you should be there.

Those tend to reset, like Achievements, on MP servers.

I'll look for a Death Counter plugin though, its on my list for sure.  Maybe some additional death messages or something for fun...

yes. i've been in servers with lots of death messages, they're pretty funny.

Meirzin your nether portal is live now.  It will dump you into a stone building.  there's a path out of the building that leads to my nether portal, and then on to the nether hub/spawn/etc.  Use it with caution.  I also dumped some dark oak saplings in your chest as promised.

In other news I built my cow breeding/crushing/collection machine inside my base.  No more venturing out across my half slabs for delicious steak and giving up and just eating potatoes.  This way I'll actually have a supply of leather.  

Also made good progress on my automatic potion brewing system.  I feel like I improved the design quite a bit because this one has a significantly better method of restocking the water bottles.  Guess it's time to start harvesting potion ingredients in earnest now that I have a machine to make them with :)

Day off work.  Minecraft login servers were down all morning.  Auth servers are back up now.

This Minecraft server was a great idea... It makes me feel like a good tanker when Relic players like Dlur actually say hi to me by name in WoT games.  8)

Haven't seen Terra in a game yet, but I expect you to say hi Terra... Havok players never say hi back to me :/

I'll say hi back to you. I don't play much tanks these days though to be honest. You'll generally only see me in 9s or 10s if you do.

This Minecraft server was a great idea... It makes me feel like a good tanker when Relic players like Dlur actually say hi to me by name in WoT games.  8)

Haven't seen Terra in a game yet, but I expect you to say hi Terra... Havok players never say hi back to me :/

I went full retard in that battle.  0 damage E4 game.  Fuck me.  But yeah, like Terra said, I barely play WoT anymore, and when I do it's 9s and 10s only pmuch.

So, back on topic.  I built an automatic chicken farm.  It doesn't work.  Yay me!  At least my indoor cow farm works pretty well.

rip lvl 45

died to lava trying to mine obsidian after i finally got enough diamonds to make an enchantment table.