Sign in to follow this  
bjshnog

Animated PNG

APNG  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is my signature animated?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. If you CANNOT see the animation, can you at least see a single frame?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • N/A

48 posts in this topic

HAHA I see me behind Solono in my IS-3, my BURDY tag is visible!

Heh that moment was pretty hilarious

HAHA I see me behind Solono in my IS-3, my BURDY tag is visible!

And for the record, he never got to kill me.

Just before I came around the corner, you may have noticed I said "Hello there~". I promptly rushed down the hill at you two, thinking "I'm going to wreck Solono," and when it was an ammorack, it could not have been more perfect. The "30 day RO" comment topped it off. :)

Your edit has been preserved in history. :D

Speaking of that RO. - Solono

Yesterday, it was a GIF. Now, it's an animated PNG, which is apparently incompatible with your browser.

lol. well, yesterday it was Google chrome. earlier today it was also on google Chrome. now, on yet another school computer (this ones a Mac) its in Firefox, and the animation is working.

lol. well, yesterday it was Google chrome. earlier today it was also on google Chrome. now, on yet another school computer (this ones a Mac) its in Firefox, and the animation is working.

Animated GIFs work in virtually all browsers, whereas APNG support is limited. Firefox is the only one that natively supports it, as has been posted previously in this thread. You may have suffered a minor lapse in ability to use logic. :)

I installed a plug in for APNG it said that this webpage has no APNG files on it

The file extension is still .png, so that's probably what's causing it. Point is, can you see my sig animated?

The file extension is still .png, so that's probably what's causing it. Point is, can you see my sig animated?

tbh at this point idc, it's still funny 

Firefox doesn't differentiate PNG and APNG in terms of file type, but it still displays the animation.

As of now, it seems only FF is able to correctly animate APNG images, according tho this list: http://caniuse.com/apng

Firefox doesn't differentiate PNG and APNG in terms of file type, but it still displays the animation.

As of now, it seems only FF is able to correctly animate APNG images, according tho this list: http://caniuse.com/apng

I already knew both of these things, and that link was already posted in this thread. ._.

So... installed the APNG plugin as well, here on the forums your sig is a still frame however, when i open the link on a new tab it loads up fine.

using firefox on a windows pc

watching solono get annihilated in full 1080p

so good

This  Works on Firefox, Windows 7.  Glorious

So... installed the APNG plugin as well, here on the forums your sig is a still frame however, when i open the link on a new tab it loads up fine.

Weird... I'll try doing a more direct link to the image to see if it makes a difference.

It did. I installed the APNG plugin for Chrome and it shows just fine on this page. :)

Finally got a working plug in for APNG, yes it is animated now and lol it's even better that way... on a side note; what tank where you in?

Finally got a working plug in for APNG, yes it is animated now and lol it's even better that way... on a side note; what tank where you in?

E 100. Also, I changed the image URL to a more direct one. That was probably what fixed the issue.

E 100. Also, I changed the image URL to a more direct one. That was probably what fixed the issue.

If you were in the E-100 that means Solono fail platooned his Type 59

If you were in the E-100 that means Solono fail platooned his Type 59

Oh, that's right. He did manage to kill at least one tank on our team, though (a T110E5).

I routinely fail platoon the 59 because I give no shits.

Seems reasonable enough. A player of sufficient skill has the right to do such things with his Type 59.

No, I am terrible, I just do not care. I am famous for it.

Welp the Type 59 still is a better tank than the T-44 imo, even if you were a scrub (which you're not) the Type 59 would be the better tank to be in for a tier 10 match

No, I am terrible, I just do not care. I am famous for it.

Everything you just said holds for every member of PBKAC I've ever platooned with.

EDIT: Except for Worst.

Here's the sig in GIF format, cus fuck APNG support

http://i.imgur.com/bvbuCtL.gif

Why would you even APNG? File size is larger than the GIF one.

Actually, the file size was smaller for a GIF-quality APNG, and APNG has the potential for high quality images rather than the heavily reduced quality you get with GIFs.

EDIT: Although, when I check the file size within the browser, the APNG seems to be bigger, which is weird. The APNG stored on my computer is slightly smaller than the GIF.

Actually, the file size was smaller for a GIF-quality APNG, and APNG has the potential for high quality images rather than the heavily reduced quality you get with GIFs.

EDIT: Although, when I check the file size within the browser, the APNG seems to be bigger, which is weird. The APNG stored on my computer is slightly smaller than the GIF.

I smell a conspiracy.