Quantumkiwi

Jagdtiger, what to do?

Sooo, I just bought the JT and have so far got the engine and tracks. I was wondering what sort of crew and equipment all you guys run?

rammer -dpm is one of its few strengths so maximize. it gld- most use out of that great gun. super heavy spall liner- Arty will hit you because of how massive and slow the jgtiger is, the lack of top/side/rear armour and the low camo and hull down playstyle and it will cripple you, less so with a spall liner though

For crew skills repairs is very important, slow traverse turretless TD you are helpless without tracks, preventative maintenance is also good because of the signature German frontal fires.

Rammer, vents, and your choice honestly.  The 128 doesn't need a GLD at all really, being utterly fantastic in every attribute.  I believe I may have gone with Coated Optics, just because Vision, and resetting the hull a lot.

rammer -dpm is one of its few strengths so maximize. it gld- most use out of that great gun. super heavy spall liner- Arty will hit you because of how massive and slow the jgtiger is, the lack of top/side/rear armour and the low camo and hull down playstyle and it will cripple you, less so with a spall liner though

For crew skills repairs is very important, slow traverse turretless TD you are helpless without tracks, preventative maintenance is also good because of the signature German frontal fires.

Spall liners are only good on tanks that already have good armor. It doesn't increase armor against full penetrations, only non-pens, and since its bonus is percentage based, 1.5 x bad will still be bad, not to mention that the spall liner is really heavy, it will decrease your already bad mobility. I'd pick a toolbox or some kind of vision boost, maybe a camo net, although I dont know how much use a net would be.

for crew skills, armorer because when you are up close and personal, the best way to make your armor work is to go hull down. While being hull down people are likely to hit your gun. it really does suck to have a broken gun without a repair kit. Clutch braking because this thing turns like a ship.safe stowage because the ammo rack is fairly weak and you dont want to have this tanks greatest strength, its incredible dpm, taken away. And preventative maintenance because german tanks.