cfsf1

How costly is it to spam gold in T69?

I love my T71 and I dont have any problem with 175mm pen thanks to its agility.I dont have T69 yet but it seems that T69 is more of a slower, second-line support than a dedicated scout/flanker like the T71. So I think my only choice playing this tank will be spamming gold, but Im not rich and have a tier X in mind so just wondering how costly is it to maintain the T69?

16k a clip, clip is x4 shells so each shell is 4k

Its basically priced like a normal tanks gold round, just you're loading 4 at a time instead of 1, which can pile up fast 

Answer: Pretty damned expensive if you only shoot heat

Edit: plus it doesnt have the mobility of other tier 8 meds so it can't flank as easy like the pershing and T-44 can

so you're stuck trying to pen enemies with 175 or spending a ton of moneys spamming the heets

The main difference is that unlike a non-autoloader you can't just swap on demand. Either you're going into an engagement with 100% gold or with 100% norm rounds, and I know what most people would pick.

I think it was about a net loss of ~30k / match on average.

AP pen is workable at Tier 8 and even 9 if you don't get into frontal engagements. Aside from that, rip credits. 

I use overwhelmingly AP in mine, and racked up 1900 damage/game.  That's not really a lot I suppose, seeing as that yields a WN8 of 2344.  =\  75% winrate over 180 battles though.

By the way, I never see any of you super gold spammers grinding credits.  Whose ass do you kiss to get infinite credits?

I use overwhelmingly AP in mine, and racked up 1900 damage/game.  That's not really a lot I suppose, seeing as that yields a WN8 of 2344.  =\  75% winrate over 180 battles though.

By the way, I never see any of you super gold spammers grinding credits.  Whose ass do you kiss to get infinite credits?

27k matches leaves you with a lot of tanks to sell

I used to buy like 500+ HEAT shells during the 50/30% sales.  Still costly, but I got to think about it less when I was playing the tank :P

In the T69 it's go HEAT or go home. It's not worth playing an autoloader designed to fling gold rounds if you're not going to play it like it was meant to be played.

If you want a good autoloader without having to use gold rounds buy a 50 100.

Or a waffle.

I have absolutely spent over 100k on a really good game. It is a loser no matter what. I started off trying not to use them, but as the grind went, I ended up with more and more til it was all I had cus the AP sucks. But this was before the HEAT changes. I haven't played it since.

In the T69 it's go HEAT or go home. It's not worth playing an autoloader designed to fling gold rounds if you're not going to play it like it was meant to be played.

Or a waffle.

This. 

Or a waffle.

I'll go with 12 AP/ 28 HEAT then, its strange that I haven't seen many t69 tanker spammed gold at me, I dont think many people are willing to sacrifice their credits for stats :)

Out of curiosity, how many people value thicker wallets over better combat performance? You can easily make 100k credits in two mediocre matches with tier 8 premiums, or three in normal tier 8's.

I found my WN8 consistently increasing ever since I adopted the "winning at all costs" mentality, to the point where I spam gold in almost every match purely out of laziness.

Out of curiosity, how many people value thicker wallets over better combat performance? You can easily make 100k credits in two mediocre matches with tier 8 premiums, or three in normal tier 8's.

I found my WN8 consistently increasing ever since I adopted the "winning at all costs" mentality, to the point where I spam gold in almost every match purely out of laziness.

I am perectly willing to spam gold at targets I bounce off of twice. Sometimes this leads to goldspam out of laziness but honestly most of the time when spamming gold I just forgot to switch back to silver rounds.

After 70 battles I am at 70%wr, but I still hate that fucker.

It would not be too bad IF the fucker was accurate. Sniping HEAT with 3s aim time and .38 accuracy makes me wanna puke my guts out  :#  :#  :#  I'm extremely happy when I get 50% of shots "in", seeing them miss and then hit for lousy 200 damage is breaking my heart and my wallet. If I continue like this I will lose 7.000.000 credits by the time I finish the grind. Bloody hell. I never did the math before this post. I'll take the stats loss.

This bitch is not a keeper, I'll sell it with great satisfaction.  :tongue:

PS

Just bought back the BDR, I'll grind the 6th sense crew on it and then buy AMX 100 again.

I lost 30-50k a game, and a really good game could cost 80k+. I haven't played mine much since the need though, as it is a far less reliable tank now, and even contemplating selling it and recycling the crew

Costs a lot... But I spent most of last summer grinding credits, and spend one night a week in my money makers to fund such tomfoolery.

The T69 is fine with AP, people just got spoiled by 300mm auto-pen HEAT.

Should I be doing half and half? I wish HEAT were auto-pen, but you really have to avoid tracks and spaced armor areas... The number of Xs I see though; will probably keep that first clip as HEAT.

HEAT got nerfed to shit since then, nowadays its pretty meh. For decent players 3 clips are probably enough.

I'll try that for awhile. Sure, with over 50 million in the bank I can spam premium in everything... But HEAT's viability and effectiveness is questionable.