NThirtyTwo

Psychology or Luck?

I've been quite busy those last couple weeks and haven't been playing the game much.

Before now, I would usually play maybe 1 hour every night and maybe 2-3 hours on weekends. The result on my stats: roughly 50% win ratio and 2200 WN8. I always thought my WN8 was way too high for my horrid win ratio, but that's not the point of my post here...

Last month or so, I've been playing maybe twice a week, maybe half an hour each time.

When I play, I have other stuff on my mind, so I'm very casual about things and I honestly don't try all that much. I just press the "W" button, get there, do my thing, and so on.

The result on my stats is over 60% win ratio and 3000-4000 WN8 over 100 games approximately...

Am I really playing better when I don't care and play very rarely, or is it just luck? Anyone else ever experienced this?

tbh. small sample size. Yesterday evening i went no live and played 20 games in a row. got me almost 3900 wn8 does that mean i can maintain that level? no. 

Maintain the same stats for about 500/1000 game before you make any conclusions. 

I've got to agree here, I had 73% wins & 3600 dpg in my T57 before I played FULL tilt for about 15 games. Now @ 54% and 2700 dpg , rip me. But that's just one example, ask anyone who platoons with me, I'm like 30% good 70% bad with my games, however my good games are really good which is why I'm not red. Consistency over a large sample is the thing.  

I'm a high level player... some of the time, but never when sela is around... Q___Q

maybe send us/review some random sample replays to decide if you're just getting lucky or are conciously making good decisions?

I've got to agree here, I had 73% wins & 3600 dpg in my T57 before I played FULL tilt for about 15 games. Now @ 54% and 2700 dpg , rip me. But that's just one example, ask anyone who platoons with me, I'm like 30% good 70% bad with my games, however my good games are really good which is why I'm not red. Consistency over a large sample is the thing.  

The point I can glean from this is that those who "play for fun/play casually" stop playing when they go on tilt thus they would stop maybe after one or two tilt games and their stats would stay better. This is of course presuming that you can still play at a high level while playing casually.

Tilt is a curse of someone who tries. Tilt will fuck you sometimes, but you'll always (overall) be better than those who cruise at "play4fun" levels, because tilt is a mindset that comes and goes. Being happy with being shit/mediocre/good is a hell of a lot more permanent.

Play4funners with strong ability are rarer than rocking horse shit.