Obsidian Entertainment will launch a new free-to-play massively multiplayer online tactical military video game called Armored Warfare, according to its debut trailer shown during the 14th annual Game Developers Choice Awards tonight.

According to the game's description, the modern military MMO puts players in control "of some of the most incredible, modern destructive machines to grace a battlefield." The tactical military video game offers players the opportunity to participate in battles across cooperative campaigns and team-based matches.

Players will have the ability to hop into the cockpit of a range machines includingarmored general purpose combat vehicles, modern main battle tanks and long-range high-powered artillery. Users can also upgrade and conduct maintenance on their vehicles.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5528438/obsidian-entertainment-unveils-tank-centric-tactical-military-mmo

Looks really similar gameplay-wise to WoT. Yes, there will be arty.

Got several errors while trying to sign up for the beta.  Finally managed to register an account and now get a gateway error trying to log in.  Obsidian and bugs seem to go together like PB & J

Got several errors while trying to sign up for the beta.  Finally managed to register an account and now get a gateway error trying to log in.  Obsidian and bugs seem to go together like PB & J

Where exactly is the sign up for the beta? I just signed up for the site but see nothing about the beta :/

What other games has Obsidian done?

Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout New Vegas, South Park: Stick of Truth, Dungeon Siege 3, Alpha Protocol.

They basically make interesting games with interesting bugs.

They've usually made RPGs up to now (Dungeon Siege 3 is a console action RPG though), so we'll see how they do with a multiplayer vehicle combat game.

Where exactly is the sign up for the beta? I just signed up for the site but see nothing about the beta :/

The specific armoured warfare site appears to have been taken down and now just redirects to their general games page. 

the my.com site you're supposed to sign up through is sketchy as shit.

Ugh. CryEngine :(

Will be funny to see all the baddies from WoT go there as they flee from this "rigged game", realize they're still bad and continue to cry about everything at least.

realize

they will realize nothing. it's the double whammy of their curse.

Looks quite interesting, apparently there will be the option to build bases, which could potentially lead to actual HQs for their version of clam wars. And it says you can engage in pvp or go on daring missions with your friends, so some sort of pve element as well, which could mean either less bad stock grinds and also the tomatoes going to shoot at robots instead of getting wrecked in pvp.

When it says collect, upgrade, and drive modern military vehicles, I wonder if that is just being simplistic or if the game will have more than just tanks, ie IFVs, AT vehicles etc.

Either way I see that they have a sexy M60A1, which I want so very, very much.

I hope it has the most amazing, fun to play, overpowered artillery gameplay possible. I hope that game is like some magical combination of a black hole level gravitational pull and crack-like addiction for artillery players. 

From the devs that brought you Fallout: New Vegas (a game that should have been released a year later)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUgpzA2DSQ

http://aw.my.com/

It will be interesting to see how this goes.  When I first heard about WoT, I had similar feelings regarding its announcement.

Will it crash and burn?  Will it gain some sort of foothold? Will it garner the same mediocre reputation werld of tonks has on the video game industry?

edit:
Merged with the other Armored Warfare thread.

~Kitti

World of Tanks with the HAVOK engine will look better than what they're showing there, and that's a promo video.

IIRC Armoured Warfare will run on CryEngine, are you sure about that?

Given that modern arty uses precision guided shells that's entirely possible.

(If they've got any sense they'll start their tech trees basically exactly where WoT stops)

"From general purpose combat vehicles, to main battle tanks, and even long-range high-powered artillery..."

Dawwwwwww :sad: . Missed oppurtinity there.

Signed up for beta.

(If they've got any sense they'll start their tech trees basically exactly where WoT stops)

tier 1 - Maus, tier 2- Ratte and then what...