Sign in to follow this  
Worstpoaster_na

Diablo 3

I just picked it up again a few week ago. The new loot system is pretty good and without the auction house, it should be interesting. Be warned: this is a grind for gear type of game, so you will find yourself in the same few spots over and over.

The expansion really looks amazing, and i'll be picking up a copy.

Tried it a week ago and a new loot systems seems nice. After one evening I managed to get 6 unique items - something unheard of before. I even equipped four of them as an upgrade. I'll probably buy an expansion as soon as it gets a bit cheaper. New levelling system beyond lvl 60 is nice. Funny is that my barbarian is almost invincible, but struggles to kill anything on higher difficulties now. It was geared to survive Inferno. But without expansion it is not much appealing now.

Meh. I want to try it again but I'm not so sure the new loot system will fix all the flaws. The release was so underwhelming and it still didn't have that pull D2 had. I found it very easy to drop this game.

Its a lot more fun, but it feels like only a single player game now, where the purpose is just to play through single player over and over hoping for a good drop.

The only way to get more magic find (and better drops) is to group up with people. The higher torment levels only give higher xp and gold so even dropping the difficulty level and grouping up nets you better drops. 

Legendaries are much easier to come by as well as main stats rolling much higher on rare items. 

Here's the thing -- I wasn't a fanatic by any means but I soloed my way through the game on the hardest diff.  I had decent gear.  When I reinstalled, I was doing 10-50k per hit.  By the time I got to the skelton king, I had upgraded both of my weapons...and my first hit after upgrading was for 2.3 million damage.  Seriously.

It was probably 230k. Unless you have some best-in-slot and insane + to crit dmg gear, getting crits for 2.3 mil are not going to come from someone who isn't extremely well geared. 

My wizard is my best character by far, and even his top end crits are ~1.3 mil. That is a character with about 220k dps buffed up.

It was probably 230k. Unless you have some best-in-slot and insane + to crit dmg gear, getting crits for 2.3 mil are not going to come from someone who isn't extremely well geared. 

My wizard is my best character by far, and even his top end crits are ~1.3 mil. That is a character with about 220k dps buffed up.

No, I get 2k+ million crits on a regular basis.  Its some crazy shit.

yea, and once you find an upgrade for every piece... you are back to the old boring farm game with no goals. The new loot 2.0 is nice, but it didn't change a single thing sadly.

I saw that the price for ROS is as low as 25ish euro already, so I might actually give it a try if I get bored of PoE or TL2.

PS didnt we already have a thread on D3 2.0?

Got my account back.

When i stopped playing my best char was a lv 36 barbarian.

Seems my account was used for botting for 484 ingame hours. The botter left me a kited out lv 60 monk, paragon lvl 110, 4.8M gold in the account (out of 522M he traded in the AH) and thousands of flawless square gems on the stash.

Thanks, hacker!

d6K4MlH.jpg

Got my account back.

When i stopped playing my best char was a lv 36 barbarian.

Seems my account was used for botting for 484 ingame hours. The botter left me a kited out lv 60 monk, paragon lvl 110, 4.8M gold in the account (out of 522M he traded in the AH) and thousands of flawless square gems on the stash.

Thanks, hacker!

d6K4MlH.jpg

I had that happen on my account for WOW. I had a top level pally so ofc they ran the underground mining hacks. I got my account back with two extra mules and all of them were carrying the best mats from mining. Guess what prof I decided to level up?

Link to build or it didn't happen.

Hard to get screens because the numbers fade so quick and its so chaotic but here are a few.  I've seen up to 3.6mil, over 1.5m is common.

8eck.jpg

9p4r.jpg

I have something like 80k attack, 1.1mil defense, 4k healing.

Christ Garbad, you have a thunderfury? 

I wanted the link to your build, like this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/cupAsoup-1763/hero/40467087

So I could see what skills/runes/gear you are working with.

Welp, I don't know wtf you are doing, but those are insane crits. My wizard, buffed, has about 220k paper damage. I have never crit above 1.4. That's a class/build built around nothing but pure damage. 

So I got the game...

Pretty fun so far, although I did hit 60 in like 3 hours because my friends decided to power level me on torment.

With the xp bonus, you should get people to run you in the Cavern of the ancients, over and over. It has the best monster density in the game and there is a video of a guy going from 1-40 in about 15 mins. 

If anyone wants to group, im cupasoup#1763.

I rolled a new wizard and the game is much improved from when i played on release.

I'm playing on hard, monster density is higher, loot is so much better, you level up faster (just hit LV 20 in the fields of misery, in release i hit LV 20 around when i fought Belial) and the monsters seems to scale well.

My tag is Shackram#1843

I couldn't stick with it.  The game is mind numbingly easy and you have to suffer through so much before it gets remotely difficult.

They've changed that now, you have all difficulties unlocked and you can changed them easily.

If you want you can start with a lv 0 char at the highest difficulty, i started at hard and it's enjoyable. Normal is indeed too easy.