Sign in to follow this  
Worstpoaster_na

Diablo 3

Just noticed there's a 100% xp bonus community event thing going on, no wonder i was leveling up so fast.

Yeah, I just noticed this as well. Logged into my only character today a Monk, played for a few hours and went from 51-56 with ease. I cannot really complain about this game in it's current state as it seems far better than it was on release. A LOT less bullshit mobs and in the few hours I played I got two excellent legendary drops both of which can be used by my class.

Yeah, I just noticed this as well. Logged into my only character today a Monk, played for a few hours and went from 51-56 with ease. I cannot really complain about this game in it's current state as it seems far better than it was on release. A LOT less bullshit mobs and in the few hours I played I got two excellent legendary drops both of which can be used by my class.

That's part of the new loot 2.0 system. Where in the past, you could get bullshit rolls on equipment (as a barbarian, you would get a nice sword drop and it would have intellect instead of strength on it). Now the main stat will roll what you need (int for wiz/wd, strength for barb, dex for DH/monk).

Also, legendaries will actually drop for roughly every hour of gameplay. 

When the expansion comes out though, every piece of gear you have will instantly become dogshit. 

Crafting is actually useful now, it's much cheaper in gold cost and with the smart stat rols you actually get usable stuff out of it.

For sure.

I pick up everything now whites,blues.

When i get full, I just port to town and salvage everything and pile up the crafting mats. 

I agree the game is a lot more fun, better drops, etc.  But it feels like a single player game you cruise through once or twice.  There's no point in replaying it, no MMO, no meaningful group play, no pvp to speak of.  Its a good, fun first shot through but then I think I'll put it aside again.

I agree the game is a lot more fun, better drops, etc.  But it feels like a single player game you cruise through once or twice.  There's no point in replaying it, no MMO, no meaningful group play, no pvp to speak of.  Its a good, fun first shot through but then I think I'll put it aside again.

At least they've shown that they're finally willing to change the game drastically to make it better.

Adventure mode is coming out with the DLC today i think, that's seems to be their answer to replayability. I got it but i won't deny it's kinda overpriced for what i gives.

This thread convinced me to re download the game. I have only played for a few hours today but it felt like the game has moved in a positive direction. I have already basically upgraded all of my equipment. When does gear start getting better in torment? I jumped from master to torment 1 and didn't notice much of a difference in loot. I'm debating getting the expansion. I was underwhelmed when this first released. I played for about a week and only just now re downloaded the game.

You will still be underwhelmed if you ask me. It is just another layer of gear and skills. It is just mindless grinding for nothing.

As mentioned before... POE4lyfe!

True, but I like finding uniques that are actually usefull, and think about builds and try them out...

oh... and typical blizz fale is still there;

4RJDTyg.png

was farming with barb, got str on enchantress token  :thumbdown:

Exactly... I just don't have that feeling with D3. But with PoE... I start with a basic 2h maurader in fresh league, find unique, start thinking about build. Make build, find more uniques, more builds!...

D3 is just too... blend?

I played some expansion last night. It's pretty cool. I found an blue upgrade to the legendary sword i had been carrying around for a few weeks within 15 mins of playing the start of act 5. 

start play my mage

try to warm up in normal, my char is OP with Disintegrate. just melt everyone, and if do it right, get big massacre by stand in corner

bump it to Expert (max I can do since next difficult is locked :( *)

will try with new level 1 when I unlock Torment 6

chart for PC

Normal: 100% Health, 100% Damage, 0% extra gold bonus, 0% extra XP bonus
Hard: 200% Health, 130% Damage, 75% extra gold bonus, 75% extra XP bonus
Expert: 320% Health, 189% Damage, 100% extra gold bonus, 100% extra XP bonus
Master: 512% Health, 273% Damage, 200% extra gold bonus, 200% extra XP bonus
Torment I: 819% Health, 396% Damage, 300% extra gold bonus, 300% extra XP bonus
Torment II: 1311% Health, 575% Damage, 400% extra gold bonus, 400% extra XP bonus
Torment III: 2097% Health, 833% Damage, 550% extra gold bonus, 550% extra XP bonus
Torment IV: 3355% Health, 1208% Damage, 800% extra gold bonus, 800% extra XP bonus
Torment V: 5369% Health, 1752% Damage, 1150% extra gold bonus, 1150% extra XP bonus
Torment VI: 8590% Health, 2540% Damage, 1600% extra gold bonus, 1600% extra XP bonus

*to unlock Master, beat story

*to unlock Torment, reach 60 level

I started at normal as wizard, got some gear and levels it was too easy. Bump to hard and some more gear and levels later and it got easy again. Only died once to one of these giant Goatmen. Gonna bump to expert when i'm home tonight.

I got to lv 30 just after reaching Leoric's mansion. On release my barb hit LV 30 just before fighting Diablo.

Also, Disintegrate feels cheap, but it's so effective.

I was running torment 4 with ease before the expansion. In act 5, I now have trouble with torment 1.

One of the cool things is the new mystic you can use in town. It's like a jewler or a blacksmith, but you can use some crafting mats and replace one attribute on a weapon or piece of armor. For example, I got a wicked wand for my wiz (nice dps, attack speed, max arcane power) but it rolled vitality instead of int. I had to do it twice, but replaced the vit with int. Saweet!