TheMarine0341

AMX 13 90 Fan Club

A nasty bugger that will drop 1mil/hour. Running gold + coffee was putting my earnings/game at around -75k. Did get around 6k WN8 by hiding like a little bitch between being blasted away by bats and waffles, but this is the most expensive padding device Ive ever seen!

Was still worth it for the times you end in the top 3 for damage done in a tier 10 match.

Oh yeah, and i played it all the way to the lorraine without sixth sense or full camo, only got 100% on the first skill in the last 10 battles of the grind.

ALL OBVIOUSLY JEALOUS OF MY SENSE OF TANK ABILITY

YOU'LL SEE, SOMEDAY THE ENTIRE SERVER WILL AGREE THE FOCH, WAFFEN, 13 90, AND E-50M SUCK!

Someday... someday...

wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

ThatIsNotGoingToHappen.gif

Haven't played this thing since grinding my Bat, but it's my highest wn8 tank ever, without firing a single prem shell (they costed gold back then, and I was a poorfag student).
It was tier 7 back then, and pretty OP if I remember correctly, but should be very viable as a dirty padder tank with some moderate gold spam now.

How does it compare to 132 as a scout tank in randoms?

How do you guys use this tank in cramped city maps like Abbey and Himmelsdorf? If I don't camp in the back for 5 minutes doing literally nothing, I always end up dying without doing much...

In city maps I tend to play like a td until the fight breaks up late game and you can start to apply the speed to flank.

A really interesting short video of a real-life AMX 13 doing live fire exercises in Djibouti. They use the little square hatch at the back of the turret to eject spent shell casings.

Picked up the 13 90 this weekend, only unlocked the motor so far but definitely a fan. Can't wait to see what it's like with the 90mm.

I got this tank last weekened during NA's tier 8 discount event and my computer promptly decided to take a shit all over me for the rest of the week.

I did manage to get 2 matches in and it was fun as fuck, but I still need the track and final engine upgrade before I'll form a real opinion on it

So due to the French event happening this weekend, I'm probably going to be playing this tank a lot.  

It's already really fun compared to the 13 75, even with the higher battle tiers.  Despite its status as a light tank, it has enough HP that I can take a shot or two without exploding, even from tier 10 tanks.  The accuracy of the gun on the move is shit, which is fucking me over a little bit, but you can't fit a vertstab on this thing anyways.  However, it does mean that I have to either get in really close, or expose myself for a bit longer than I'd like so the reticule settles down enough.  Acceleration and speed are, of course, fucking great, and the lack of gun depression/elevation isn't hurting as bad as I thought it would just because I can always go somewhere else that doesn't require me to have gun depression or elevation.

It's also really nice being able to charge three low-health heavies from the flank and unload a clip on all three of them for a triple kill near the end of the game.  I still have yet to get the track upgrade (dunno how much difference it'll make), but this tank is probably already a keeper for me.  I'm still not exactly sure on the equips for this; I currently have GLD, Optics, and Vents, but I'm pretty sure there's a better setup [EDIT: never mind, this was addressed earlier in the thread].  I tend to play more active scout than passive, but the camo is good enough that I can apparently outspot batchats on Malinovka without a camo crew just by sitting still in a bush somewhere.

I picked one up a couple of days ago and am loving it.  Averaging just over 1000 damage in the 33 games I have played in it.  Have already had a 3.9k damage/4 kill game (which was a loss, heart break!).  Am being much more strict on myself to make sure I am around at end game than I was in the 13 75.  Although I have a question, how many people use auto aim?  I use it a lot when circling isolated heavies or td's, as long as I am firing at side and rear armour, I generally find it works to good effect.  The benefit of this is allowing me to concentrate on where I am going and my exit route!  I have snap shot and only use this tactic when I am close and finding that hardly any shots donk.  I would die so often if I didn't do this, trying to aim and drive at the same time lol.

All in all enjoying it very much though.  I fully upgraded it with free xp from purchase so haven't played it stock.  I have had a T30 and T29 moan at me for not suiciscouting through the magic forest on Murovanka lolz... I went on to do more damage than both of them and killed a tier 9 Foch.

Still on the 12T ... looking forward to it, does it have better gun depression than the 12T???

Put my dead 4 skilled 50B crew on this tank without any intentions of getting the Lorraine or Batchat, yes or no?

brb buying 6k WN8

Well worth it, get the Bat anyway simply because it's a yolo burst med.

Like the 13 90? You will fall in love with the Bat.

Lorraine is a garbage faster version of a 50 100 at T9, don't bother with it.

I don't like the 13 90 at all, I hate autoloaders because of how careful you have to be with your shots, how you have to wait for an opportunity to use your drum, and how you spend 20s+ being useless while reloading

I was just thinking of padding my WN8 hard since my E 50 M is on its period (and I'm on tilt)

In my 13 90, I shoot half aimed with APCR flying into his face, doesn't matter if you don't hit or bounce a few, as long as they don't hit you back, you gonna be fine.

This is coming from someone with over 500 games in 13 90 and padded 1700+ DPG on a T8 LT.

I know how to play autoloaders, I know I need to spam gold, and I already played the 13 90 a few games (60% camo crew, no other skills)

I just don't like them

Guess you have to wait for 9.3 when other T8 LTs come out.

Or get a WZ-132 if you like continuous DPM, that thing is basically a 13 90 with a center mounted turret and a ~4-5 sec reload on a 200 damage gun.

But it fires HEAT at 230 pen only, rage sold mine because I couldn't snipe and pen as well as a 13 90.

100mm sucks dick in terms of DPM compared to the 85mm, but is a viable option if you like APCR better.

Well, the WZ-132 was one of my first high tier tanks...

Ever since 8.something (8.4 I think) I got over 1,000 battles in it, but quit playing it very soon after 8.6

Light tanks got screwed hard, and I don't like being at the mercy of matchmaking if I want to be useful whatsoever

The reason the 13 90 stays relevant is simply because of the 1440 avg burst potential which makes it viable in any tier.

MM screws you and puts you as the only T8 LT in a T10 game?

No problem, just use amazing invisi-ninja skills and go shoot some 10s for unexpected damage.

Like in the Mountain Pass replay up above, that Maus didn't see me as a big threat when he overextended, it cost him dearly because I had a clip.

That's why autoloaders and their burst are misunderstood.

Some people overestimate you burst potential and cower behind a corner even while you reload and bluff, others underestimate your burst potential and get owned by a full clip.

It's fine if you don't like it, you just gotta wait until 9.3 for some goodies to pop up I guess.