Sign in to follow this  
Worstpoaster_na

Observations Over 5000 Platoon games

Out of the last 5900 games, prob 5000 of them were platooned.

I was solopub only before the 10k battles point

I've played with everyone from a 43%er from reddit that asked me to help him to the purplest of the purple.

I've noticed some certain things.

1. Arty will always focus the person 1 full color scale above you in xvm. If I'm running with normal purples, I get focused just as much as they do, if I'm running with a dark purple (overall), he's going to be the sole and primary focus of arty fags everywhere.  If i'm running with blues, I'm going 2 get focused fired like no other. I now try to ensure there is at least 1 dark purple in my platoons so that guy gets shot instead of me.

2. Certain clans get focus fired more than arty, g is the king of this, whenever there is a g member in my platoon and he's not dead, I know I am completely safe from arty.. The runners up are specifically HAVOK and RELIC, for some reason pubbies fear those 2 more than anyone else amongst the rest of the top 10. Then comes pbkac/vilin/simp w.e other major land holding clans are that get focus fired.

Subclan baddies like foxey, thugz, jimbo w/e never get focused by arty ever.

3. Greens are the whinest players of all, they will whine about MM, they will whine about rng, they will whine all session that the game is out to get them. Blues feels the most pressure to "prove themselves", if they make mistakes they will often apologize constantly for them. Purples are mostly chill, except purples from the clan relic, they splerg more at pubbies than the rest of the big 10 combined. All the red/yellows I played with asked polite if they could have a platoon invite, they are always humble and willing to learn.

4. Purples/blues are the quickest to make excuses instead of admitting they misplayed. dat ego

common excuses heard from purples

FUCK RNG
FUCK ARTY
FUCK THIS TANK
FUCK MM
FUCK THIS RED BADDIE BLOCKING ME <--- most common next to arty

LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG<--- actually that's the most common

Whilst yellows/reds that I've played with are quick to admit their mistakes.

5. Players who blame other peoples mistakes for a loss quickly find themselves with no platoon to go.

6.  Silent platoons are much more chill than ts platoons, if you lose, get 1 shot by 183.etc, w/e move on to next game after raging in chat. However when you rage in ts, it brings the whole morale of platoon down and is the prime cause of disbanding of platoons.

7. Purples absolutely hate greens/blues/yellows that try to suck up or talk a lot, trust me, I've had too many pms in game where another purple is asking me to kick an annoying green/blue because he won't stop sucking up to him.

8.  Tank selection is interesting, there is very distinct differences in tank selection amongst the tiers. Other than dedicated grind/double/pref 8 platoons, greens and below will always pick whatever tank they are grinding. Blues will pick whatever tank they are grinding, then switch to "op" tank in tier if they start doing bad. I think this stems that they feel inadequate playing with purples, so they switch to the t57/t54 w/e as soon as they can't perform at purple level. Purples play whatever the fuck they want really, ready up a maus/13-90? Who cares, you're purple as long as you are winning.

9. Playstyle compatibility is the most important thing to success, I like playing with nas and bmac bull more than anyone else because they have very similar playstyles to me. I've played with 2 other super, super purples multiple times, and I do worse with them on average compared to my regular platoonmates because most super purples camp hard attrition style and I can't mesh with that.

10. No one will really judge you for your stats if you play well or is humble. Whilst most purples hesitate a lot when I invite someone beneath the holy realm of purpleness, if you show how that you can play decent and don't whine, no one will mind you. (A lot of players get anxiety player with better players_

The runners up are specifically HAVOK and RELIC, for some reason pubbies fear those 2 more than anyone else amongst the rest of the top 10. 

They don't fear most of us as much as they hate us for being trash talking, gold spamming cheaters. 

lol bmac 

They don't fear most of us as much as they hate us for being trash talking, gold spamming cheaters. 

lol bmac 

Dude I can honestly say that most purples are chill, don't rage THAT much in chat.

Then there are like 5 people in relic that give the rest of us dat rep

LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG<--- actually that's the most common

Me.

Right there with you. Constant packet loss. You just kinda get used to it after a while then it clears up for a week and comes back after that week so you have to re learn how to play with constant packet loss.

Also the trash talk in all chat amongst clans is interesting to say the least.

(you know what I mean when egos clash and people get butthurt in all chat)

Clans like jimbo/foxey/thugz always wanna talk shit, but no one really respects them. Like just today I was playing with a foxey player and he called someone else a scrub and the dude replied LOL UR IN FOXEY KEEP TALKING SHIT

Clans like relic, havok, pbkac, simp actually get a bit more respect, the common baddie dares not trash talk them, other than the usual LOL HAVOK GOLD SPAM NOOBS CANT CARRY

Everyone shuts up when someone from g calls someone elses clan bad. However the common pubbie will always resort 2 LOL G GOLD NOOBS

no 1 blanket excuse = fuck this game

you can follow up with-

"fuck vanilla client"

"fuck td's"<----- biggest irony is when I bitch at TDs in an E4

"fuck fuck fuck"

"fuck you" @ any platoonmate who isn't bitching simultaneously

Also the trash talk in all chat amongst clans is interesting to say the least.

(you know what I mean when egos clash and people get butthurt in all chat)

Clans like jimbo/foxey/thugz always wanna talk shit, but no one really respects them. Like just today I was playing with a foxey player and he called someone else a scrub and the dude replied LOL UR IN FOXEY KEEP TALKING SHIT

Clans like relic, havok, pbkac, simp actually get a bit more respect, the common baddie dares not trash talk them, other than the usual LOL HAVOK GOLD SPAM NOOBS CANT CARRY

Everyone shuts up when someone from g calls someone elses clan bad. However the common pubbie will always resort 2 LOL G GOLD NOOBS

You should see it when people from IOC_5 talk shit. Funfact: Pubbies still think it's a legit sub clan, worse than all the rest.

Like honestly, almost every purple hates admitting they fucked up.

(I'm guilty too)

they'll turn to anything (lag, arty, red blocking) instead of admitting they fucked up

Like dude, you peeked witha  183, what did you expect? blaming it on rng is useless

Excuses annoy me as much as incompetence, the combination of the two pretty much ensures that i will never platoon with you again.

Define "incompetence". What may be considered incompetence by a dark purpl may be considered by others as a good try that failed. Or something along those lines.

Confirmed to be best arty bait NA! Allso have bmac ever played more than 2 battles before ragequitting?

Think I managed to get up to like 60 games in a row with him b4.

but that was pref 8s and if you aren't running 85%+ w/r in pref 8 platoon ur doing it wrong.

Think I managed to get up to like 60 games in a row with him b4.

but that was pref 8s and if you aren't running 85%+ w/r in pref 8 platoon ur doing it wrong.

Ohh god 60 games in pref 8's, that sounds so borring!

Playstyle meshing is the most important thing for me in platoons. Maybe that is why I hardly platoon with people I don't know. I hate playing aggressively expecting support only to die and see them camping back in base.

Hanzulu is the one player that forever gave me cancer.

you think u seen a camper? holy shit that dude

The only game I remember playing with him was on El Halluf so I didn't think his campiness was too extreme.