TickleZePickle

Should I reroll to make this game fun again?

If you're here to bitch about rerolls the door is over there. Get out I dont care for your opinion.

This game is horrendously boring. I have the 10s I wanted, I hit purple, and I got into a good clan. All good things, but yet I'm bored as hell I don't have fun anymore. CW is as interesting as the ww1 stalemate. The 10s I have are so flexible that I look down upon specialized tanks and lastly I know I can hit purple, but there isn't much of an incentive to climb higher at this point.

If I rerolled im not going up the op waffle line or grabbing an IS6. I just want to start over and grind out the lines I previously had fun playing. You have games like Star Citizen, wargame red dragon, planetary annihilation and much more coming out soon. I dont see the point to this game anymore.

Thoughts?

Im not rerolling for the stats either I dont care. Im content with dark green or blue tbh.

I don't understand why you'd do that. Just buy the tanks you had fun grinding through, slap a crew in them and go.

No need to start all over again.

Its not the same as grinding down the line again. It just doesnt feel right. I cant really explain why. I want to have fun doing it and not worry about how a shit game is going to effect my wn8 because I dont have the already high overall stat like many.

my wn8 went up even when i spent three weeks introducing a new player to the game, and mostly playing I-V.

Actually, this is a good way to freshen up your interest in the game - teach a new player, or mentor someone who needs it.

Last time I tried mentoring someone it ended up in fuck off relic elitist scum when I simply told him to not pop infront of arty in his E50M on one shot of HP. (I was in auxiliary at the time)

If you feel like you've hit the top and want to start over... w/e. why not. Not sure what you are accomplishing though. 

Dunno how grinding through some terrible tanks would make the game more fun. 

If you just want to reroll to get rid of baggage then go for it. 

edit: 

but seriously, if you think you've hit the top... you barely hit 60 day purple. not sure what your point is.  If you dont want to enjoy the game and get better then I suggest not playing. rerolling won't change that. just will make your recent and alltime stats match. 

edit2: why do I feel like I got trolled?

Idk if it would or not, but if I find it doesn't I can assure you that I wont be coming back to this game let alone gaming in general for a long time.

Edit: I was actually at 300 points higher 3 weeks ago then I gave light tanks and arty a try. Didnt work out too well. I also never said anything about being at the top I just said I dont see the incentive to reach say 3k wn8.

Instead of rerolling, I'd recommend just starting up a new line. There are enough tank lines now that I doubt you've played them all. Play one of the less popular lines without skipping tanks and you'll get the same feeling of a "fresh start".

Its not the same as grinding down the line again. It just doesnt feel right. I cant really explain why. I want to have fun doing it and not worry about how a shit game is going to effect my wn8 because I dont have the already high overall stat like many.

There's an amazing Twilight Zone episode about how having everything you want ain't all it's cracked up to be. It's called "A Nice Place to Visit", and you can watch it on YouTube. Definitely recommend it if you have the time.

Back to the main point: if you aren't having fun playing tonx, do something else fun. You can always come back later. Don't force yourself to keep at it if it's gotten boring. Find something to enjoy and do it. We've only got so much time on this earth and we should milk it as best we can.

As a reroll fgt, this is the only reason I still play WoT. Unlike most rerolls, I have a goal of actually becoming a good player. I just cbb to recover 8k play4fun games and actually want to see where I get if I start out from day 1, clean, with an intent to get better.

But whatever if you want to do it for the purple statz and right to talk down to everybody whilst having 2k battles then go for it as well. I'm not judging. 

Well there is a certain challenge in starting over. No multi-skill crews, not a single module unlocked, no nothing. And it is definitively not the same as just rebuying old tanks and playing them again. Seeing how you are able to handle stock tanks with grossly increased skill can be fun as well.

But ...

I am pretty sure that the thrill of restarting won't last if you are already bored with the game. Even worse, some of the less enjoyable grinds will end up frustrating you ("Why the f*** am I grinding this piece of garbage a second time?").

Also investing money into reroll accounts would feel wasteful to me ("Why should I buy garageslots for this account when my main account has 6-7 open ones?" "And why am I buying a gold-package for my reroll when my main account is well stocked with clanwar earnings?")

The only thing that would make me interested honestly in getting all lines and going super tryhard mode. Is if I actually had a clan that was at war with another top clan. The only reason why im in DoS was that I had hoped to be part of an active war. Instead of slamming my face into a keyboard with o7s tank companies. I had hoped this would be a refresher, but nope.

It sounds like you SHOULD take a break.

I don't understand why you'd do that. Just buy the tanks you had fun grinding through, slap a crew in them and go.

No need to start all over again.

Just do this

I was at a point when I didn't enjoy it, but then I said #yolo it's just a game.

Play tanks you find fun.

Pro tip: don't TC with o7 it's stressing.

I don't see how rerolling would relieve a thing.  After all, if you want to test yourself with a "grinding" tank.  Just buy it, slap a 75% crew on it and use the stock build, and then 'work up".

Like others have said, I think the deeper issue is simple burnout with the game.  The only cure for that is to simply step back.  Play something else.  Maybe even an entirely different genre.  Then later on, you can come back and see if it's "fresh" again, or if you just need to move on for good.

I understand what you mean by not wanting to play tanks you have already ground through. I like to be able to feel like I am working towards something and so I can understand the appeal of starting over. That said, in the past few months as I have become bored with tanks, I have bought back a few tanks I'd long since sold and have been working on crews for them. Working on a crew from 75% and working towards the first then second set of crew skills feels like I'm working towards something. Granted, many of those vehicles are tier 8s for tournaments.

I've ground out everything save arty and the second USSR TD line to 8. I understand the sense of accomplishment of working down a line. If you feel like you are competent enough, just get a bunch of lines you are working on and get 2x on them daily. If you feel like you are enjoying a line, play that more often. Having a diversity of options gives you a wide selection of things you can accomplish/work towards.

I don't see how rerolling would relieve a thing.  After all, if you want to test yourself with a "grinding" tank.  Just buy it, slap a 75% crew on it and use the stock build, and then 'work up".

Like others have said, I think the deeper issue is simple burnout with the game.  The only cure for that is to simply step back.  Play something else.  Maybe even an entirely different genre.  Then later on, you can come back and see if it's "fresh" again, or if you just need to move on for good.

Words of wisdom I'll give this game a month or two. See if it works out.

Simple solution to a simple problem... Uninstall.

If you're in this much agony over a game, just let it go.  If ya miss it, re-install and start over.

Is it me or could anyone else hear the deep, dark, music of the drama unfolding as you read his sorrowful tale of woe?

Pro tip: don't TC with o7 it's stressing.

Is he still that abusive and super sensitive to little mistakes? TCed with him ... ages ago for a couple of games.

Back on topic: Go for the reroll! Even if it's the last amusing thing for you to do in WoT why not grab it on the way out?