CandyVanMan

M48 Patton 100 battle solo challenge.

So I decided to start repairing my M48 stats, they have suffered badly from too much #YOLOSWAG rushing.

And I thought that I might as well do it in the form of a solopub challenge, so here goes.

My goals are: 65% solo winrate and 4k+ dpg

Current M48 stats:

OGwRP6gARA.jpg

I will archive replays and update thread after each session.

Wish me luck!

Update 1:
3500 dpg for last night's session, went full potato after about 10 battles, and should have stopped earlier  :(

XPywmgBNot.jpg

Update 2:
Pretty much same story as update 1, did awesome for the first 10 battles or so, then I went full retard for the rest of the session :/
End result was 3969 dpg over 19 battles, still need to go a bit higher.

jJghdvSeYp.jpg

Good luck!

My tip is just play when you are on 100% focused  and relaxed, also stop if you are getting nervous, it will probably save you some headaches.

What exactly are you repairing here? Ahh, I see... Looking for 4k dmg?

Too many battles to hope for 4k overall in the near future :(

Mostly, I want to bust the myth about M48 being a bad tank.

Good luck CandyVanMan!

Ok somebody help me with this tank. The new TD meta made mincemeat out of my old 53%WR now down to a paltry 46%WR. What are the tactical changes I need to do as a solo pubnub? 

Problem I face: Cant get shots off without being targeted and hit. New map changes have switched view spots and known filtration routes. Tank Destroyers. Gone back to old aggressive style, too much yolo not enough swag (this one is my fault, I feel pressured to do more). Inconsistency, some games im like a battle hero, lots of games Im dead quickly. 

Should I go back to heavy tank and TD support?

Abuse viewrange for all it's worth.
Also, won't be any updates in a few weeks, have a few metric shittons to do at work, and when I finally have some free time again it's easter and snowmobilings.

Mostly, I want to bust the myth about M48 being a bad tank.

I potatoed in mine for over 800 battles...

I love it now. The last few hundred games I'm around 2.5k DPG and very happy with that. It is unforgiving and really forces you to make the best decisions. It can be painful solo, but love running it with a couple of other mediums and setting up flanking shots and crossfire.

Been playing like a complete mong lately, but I will try continuing this project tonight.
If I can find my form, I'll probably be streaming it.

Would love some replays if you could. I actually realized how bad I am in my M48 (regardless of my good w/r ... in very few battles) and rebought my T20. Always loved that little tank (though that was probably two years ago). Re-trained my now-3-skill crew for the T20 and gonna run that for a while. Then will level up to the Pershing again, and then the M46. I've never been good with mediums, but I want to be, and I don't think the way to get there is to bash my head against a wall repeatedly in my tier 10. So I'll start again at 7. Will see how it goes.

You have to play it like a sneaky asshole and never engage in fair fights. You have to treat your targets the way a swinging bachelor man-whore treats his ladies; hit it and quit it, don't get too committed, don't be afraid to disappear for awhile and then wait for them to get distracted or wounded before you swoop in for a quick pounding again.

The vision game is still viable but very map dependant. Open areas like Sand River can still produce the "I see you, you no see me" hilarity that was more prevalent prior to the camoflauge changes.

I love the Fatton. I can see the weaknesses that keep it out of CW though. It needs a buff.