Sign in to follow this  
OOPMan

April Fools Pictures

Here are a couple of pics from the WoWP April Fools event.

First off, Sleipnir:

shot_009.jpg

shot_010.jpg

And the Camo paint for Sleipnir:

shot_011.jpg

Now for some cute additions to the backgrounds:

Gozilla:

shot_012.jpg

shot_013.jpg

The Iron Giant

shot_020.jpg

A Triffid!

shot_021.jpg

That's awesome. I wish WoT had a few more neat things like that, but I'll settle for the Karl for now. Until next year, then WG needs to step their game up!

Holy shit Jingles whines a lot. 

Most of his whining is, frankly, complete horseshit.

One second, everything is shit, the next the UFO is super well done. Yeaaaaaaaaaah, whatever...

At least he won't be doing any more WoWP videos, thank goodness...

Holy shit Jingles whines a lot. 

Most of his whining is, frankly, complete horseshit.

One second, everything is shit, the next the UFO is super well done. Yeaaaaaaaaaah, whatever...

At least he won't be doing any more WoWP videos, thank goodness...

Well he was right in every single point, and thats something unusuall.

Well he was right in every single point, and thats something unusuall.

Not really. I don't really understand how someone can complain about WoWP Arcade mode and yet ignore than crappiness of the one in WT. As for the game being ugly, how the hell does Jingles play WoT if he finds WoWP so ugly?

About the only thing he said that made any sense was that Warplane's had its chance and blew it. I'd say it is pretty much a dead game.

Funny how the WoWP threads were mostly dead for a few weeks: then the April Fool's event brought them back to life but with negative posts about the game outweighing the event posts.

About the only thing he said that made any sense was that Warplane's had its chance and blew it. I'd say it is pretty much a dead game.

I don't know about that. We have a rather distorted view of the game's health due to having the lowest server population. It's doing much better in the EU and RU...

Once they dig out the marketing money again and turn on the newbie hose, populations will rise again. It's kind of a catch-22 in that you need population in order to retain population, but thankfully money solves all problems ;)

The game is so broken its to the point they cant retain players, even diehards such as myself. I haven't played in more than a month. All the marketing in the world wont save this game in its current state.

The game doesn't need saving; RU and EU are doing fine as far as I understand it. That's important to note because the gameplay can retain players (I won't argue that it still needs improvement of course). MMOs have life-cycles and a newbie hose will keep any game going so long as the faucet (and wallet) is open.

I wouldn't say that the EU is doing fine, at least not as well as it should be doing. The RU will do well simply because it is a Wargaming product, Wargaming could probably make a game about flying unicorns with laser beam guns using cocaine and it would still do well in Russia because Wargaming.

Their player retention is really bad, that's the problem. If they don't get bored with T1-3 (which are just uninteresting) then they'll hit T7, see flights of jets every game and cry uncle. And that's before we get into the matchmaker related exploits a small population enables and the trollflighting shenanigans.

The game doesn't need saving; RU and EU are doing fine as far as I understand it. That's important to note because the gameplay can retain players (I won't argue that it still needs improvement of course). MMOs have life-cycles and a newbie hose will keep any game going so long as the faucet (and wallet) is open.

One thing you fail to realize..... The NA is WoWP's target audience for marketing and such. (According to WG) There's been tons of flight games that are often marketed towards the NA since aviation tends to be more popular in the NA than elsewhere. (In theory)

Also, money doesn't solve even half of the problems, and if you even think it will, then I hear there's a job opening with the current Administration for BS talkers. People want balanced play and more end-game content not more useful idiots to keep the population up for cosmetics.

The EU population is falling as well and there's players fussing about the same issues we're having but to an lesser extent.

The new missions and stuff isn't worth the time to play the same old game of "altitude is king" just to do well. Frankly, I've taken a break from WoWP due to all the BS, back-stabbing, and the scum-bags on the forums and in game that haven ruined a decent game beyond all measure.

To say that the game doesn't need saving given the current issues, is beyond being in denial, it's being a useful fool. All the bad press, game-play, lack of end-game content, etc. coupled with a core group of players abusing everything in the game just to make themselves look good is why the game is failing. (Other groups are at fault as well.)

There's a fine line between being great players who use certain advantages in good moderation, and those who abuse everything just to build up their low self-esteem and egos.

Until the status quo regarding the current game meta and the game/forum trash are dealt with, the game's dead in the NA with the EU to soon follow. WG would have to approach the development of the game a dramatically different way than how they have been to fix how far broken they've made the game.

WoWP was much more fun in Closed Beta than it is now, and putting in altitude bands was a key factor as to why the game is dead.

You may find the current version of the game to be fun; however, you're in the minority as demonstrated by how the game's been doing recently with regards to moral and the health of the playerbase. Running into the same players every match and being stuck in tier 5/6 or below since the game mechanics still only favor 3-4 lines of aircraft doesn't retain players.

Hardly anyone I know really flies anymore, and most of the CA's have basically took a break or left due to the state of the game. Even diehards like Shwedor and others have left for better games. Signs like this shouldn't be taken lightly nor in jest. If nearly half or more of the core players from testing, etc. have left due to what has been mentioned above, then it's not a good sign of things to come.

Also, there's issues that have been around since beta which still are a target to others as to why the game isn't great like the chat issues, memory leaks, etc.

So, with the current status quo, the only direction the game's heading is downhill. Group-forum think or not, the game is either dead or near death unless some drastic changes take place. More end-game content and actually balancing certain lines of planes and aspects of the game would be a start.

What you say in theory is partially true, but there are exceptions as in this case.

I hear you, there are plenty of things that need to happen to improve the game and I agree with that. Mugsy is supposedly working on taking it in a new direction for drastic improvement.

In the mean time, I think many people also have to recognize this fact: they've stopped playing and only contribute to the community to point out how shitty it and the game have turned out. Is that the position you want to be in? A position that approaches "forum trash"? It is a worse position than just quitting or taking a break.

I hear you, there are plenty of things that need to happen to improve the game and I agree with that. Mugsy is supposedly working on taking it in a new direction for drastic improvement.

In the mean time, I think many people also have to recognize this fact: they've stopped playing and only contribute to the community to point out how shitty it and the game have turned out. Is that the position you want to be in? A position that approaches "forum trash"? It is a worse position than just quitting or taking a break.

Mugsy is an idiot and is pretty much the primary reason the forums are the cesspit they are now along with Tadaah and Hathore (both fired I do believe). What Wargaming NA says and what Wargaming NA does are two drastically different things as those of us who went through two years of development hell alpha/beta testing with them (mugsy) know. Other than the Warplanes forum getting the bottom of the barrel in WGNA staff (go watch their twitch stream for newbies, it makes me want to slit my wrists at times), the game quality isn't helping. I think if a game sucks then we as players should let our opinion be known that the game sucks. Hopefully Wargaming realizes how messed up it is and the inability of the current DEV team to fix it and gets some fresh blood on the project. But as I said earlier, this game missed its opportunity to take off.

Mugsy at least has his head and heart in the right place and is attempting to get the community re-involved, but he's only able to do things from a limited position. (He seems to be the only one to understand that the game is failing.) Tadaaah was the worst person to have running the community at game launch. There's several threads worth of stories on her. Not to mention she basically created a info. void during her reign. (No Dev. Q&A, few tourney's and events, etc.)

So, as Shwedor to some extent said, to only way to turn things around is to get rid of the status quo and get new people in the Dev. side of things.

Antiledo, I'm under the impression that you've spent nowhere near the amount of time and effort I have dealing with WG and being on the forums. I chat with Mugsy, Gunlion, other WG employees on a almost daily basis. I've been much more involved in suggesting to Mugsy and others what the game needs from the standpoint of retaining players and making them better, etc.

I'm also taking into account the psychological effects of everything. WG tends to not do much of anything until the majority of the player-base forces them to change their ways.

I'm at the point I just don't want to even deal with the WoWP forums, but I still do remain active in assisting WG with things.

Mugsy at least has his head and heart in the right place and is attempting to get the community re-involved, but he's only able to do things from a limited position. (He seems to be the only one to understand that the game is failing.) Tadaaah was the worst person to have running the community at game launch. There's several threads worth of stories on her. Not to mention she basically created a info. void during her reign. (No Dev. Q&A, few tourney's and events, etc.)

So, as Shwedor to some extent said, to only way to turn things around is to get rid of the status quo and get new people in the Dev. side of things.

Antiledo, I'm under the impression that you've spent nowhere near the amount of time and effort I have dealing with WG and being on the forums. I chat with Mugsy, Gunlion, other WG employees on a almost daily basis. I've been much more involved in suggesting to Mugsy and others what the game needs from the standpoint of retaining players and making them better, etc.

I'm also taking into account the psychological effects of everything. WG tends to not do much of anything until the majority of the player-base forces them to change their ways.

I'm at the point I just don't want to even deal with the WoWP forums, but I still do remain active in assisting WG with things.

DEV Q and A was a joke, nothing was ever answered there. And we never had any real great or special tournaments in the NA, we always had to go to the EU for the well made tournaments ( I never did understand why FTR rags on the EU guys so much more than the NA guys, they have it great over there for Warplanes staff). Mugsy has the same affliction that Hathore and Tadaah had, Laziness. He may say he wants all these great things and he may say he is going to do all these great things, but in two years he did nada. You're just trying to do what the rest of us did long before you arrived and what we failed at doing.