Nas22

From average unicum, to one of the best damage farmers in na.

Since I think most people got the entire damage/wn8 farming idea wrong, I decided to do a write up on it. Most of the people here seem to think that the way to farm damage is by sitting in the back and sniping. You can do that, to some extent, but I doubt you will ever get over 4k doing that. You will have to rely on pubbies to spot, and as we all know, relying on pubbies IS BAD!!!!!!!!!! Being tactically aggressive is the key to farming damage. Getting early damage and spots are not only gonna help you do more damage, but also give you a greater change to win.

What I did:

1. Be tactically aggressive! But don't overextend! Always have an escape route to safely get out if something goes wrong. <-- Learn this to do this to some extent, and your wn8 grow a lot!
  2. Don't use a damage counter! You will yolo in and die if you don't have the damage you want.
  3. Learn the maps! You can do this by watching good players stream, I personally use to watch luci a lot.
  4. Learn how, and where to spot with minimal risk of you being caught out. Again, a great way to learn this is by watching good players.
  5. Play medium and heavy tanks! They have an extremely low expected damage, compared to what they are available to do, that can be surpassed with relative ease.
  6. Don't get mad! If you didn't have a great match damage wise, nothing good will come out of raging.     <--- I'm terrible at this!!!!!!!
  7. Learn your tank! Pick a tank you feel really comfortable in, and play the shit out of it! Learn the weak points of this tank, and learn to hide them. Find the good things about this tank, and learn to abuse the shit out of them!
  8. Weakspots! Learn where to shoot on every tank, not only where to pen, but also how to set that tank on fire, or ammo rack that tank. 
  9. Be consistent!
  10. Never listen to pubbies! If some pubbie is asking for help, and you see no way of helping him without taking too big of a risk, don't help! Don't try to be a hero!
  11. Conserve hp! Stop trading shots with a waffle or 183! Just stop!

I will keep adding more stuff as I remember everything, feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Can someone tell me the purpose of damage padding?

Better wn8, better chance to win? Thats why most people are here right? to improve there stats/gameplay?

Better wn8, better change to win? Thats why most people are here right? to improve there stats/gameplay?

This.

"Damage farming" in 90% of the case (bar maybe kewei who went out of his way to pad) is generally not what it means, it's a term coined by high win rate players with low dpg to make sense of those that can actually contribute to a win rather than just platoon 24/7.

Since being forced to have many months off I'm still slowly getting back to 3.7-4.3 dpg in tier 10 (I'm shocking atm srsly) but the difference in win rate I can achieve when just shaving 1k of those averages in frightening, then again I could always platoon with 2 other top players and win at 80%+ 

Better wn8, better change to win? Thats why most people are here right? to improve there stats/gameplay?

Welll i have way lower dmg (andco nsequentaly lower wn8) than many unicums here and stll have same ot higher wr.

Welll i have way lower dmg (andco nsequentaly lower wn8) than many unicums here and stll have same ot higher wr.

Grats bro? For all iknow, you could get carried by 2 other unicums, all day every day.

Grats bro? For all iknow, you could get carried by 2 other unicums, all day every day.

on EU:

- people hardly ever *lie* about how much they play solo

- shit tons of unicums play lots of solo, best example ofc emu, but many, many others also played either mostly solo or lots of solo, even if they are in a clan...

i guess that  90% of the beta-unicums dont give a f*** for stats, except for winning, the % of people who care will be (much) higher under the rerolls and people who started later, but from the ppl who play since day 1, the amount of damm given for stats is fairly low....

ps: my current clan, FAME, stronkest clan EU and universe, also has tons of players who play lots of solo, i think, we dont have a forum and im never on ts, so i cant give exact numbers, but i doubt its filled with platoon-whores...

on EU:

- shit tons of unicums play lots of solo, best example ofc emu, but many, many others also played either mostly solo or lots of solo, even if they are in a clan...

i guess that  90% of the beta-unicums dont give a f*** for stats, except for winning, the % of people who care will be (much) higher under the rerolls and people who started later, but from the ppl who play since day 1, the amount of damm given for stats is fairly low....

ps: my current clan, FAME, stronkest clan EU and universe, also has tons of players who play lots of solo, i think, we dont have a forum and im never on ts, so i cant give exact numbers, but i doubt its filled with platoon-whores...

How would you know about how much people lie? Are you some kinda wizzard or something? 

Well i do play platoons/solo 50/50, some tanks i play only in platoons, some almose always solo. Playing solo i always try to enable my team for doing damage, spoting, tracking or just taking risks and taking spots on the map that give my team an advantage. Pure dmg pading for me is... borring, yes i can take T57 or T-62 load HEAT, and just play a big brute and farm tons of damage... But meh.

Well i do play platoons/solo 50/50, some tanks i play only in platoons, some almose always solo. Playing solo i always try to enable my team for doing damage, spoting, tracking or just taking risks and taking spots on the map that give my team an advantage. Pure dmg pading for me is... borring, yes i can take T57 or T-62 load HEAT, and just play a big brute and farm tons of damage... But meh.

Sure you can, allso next time how about reading the thread before replying. 

Most of the people here seems to think, that the way to farm damage is by sitting in the back and snipe.

You can do that, to some extend, but i doubt you will ever get over 4k, doing that. You will have to rely on pubbies to spot, and we all know, relying on pubbies, IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!

Being tactical aggressiv is the key for farming damage, getting that ealy damage and spots, are not only gonna help you do more damage, but allso give you a greater change to win.

Ps. Heat in the t57 is allmost useless now, you're better off shoting ap. Just a heads up.

On Topic: i do think these rules are ok, except the last point is tricky:

- yes, you need to keep your hp as long as possible

- no, staying alive till the end is stupid, and will loose you games

The earlier damage is dealt, the more value it has, staying alive till the end to deal 5k dmg in a lost game is pointless, and nothing but stats inflation.

I deal around 2150 dpb in my King Tiger and win 68%, 80-90% of those games is solo, so assuming same win%, all the damage you deal above 2300-2400 is damage dealt in the wrong situation.

In other words: if you deal 2500 dpb in an IS3 and win 62%, you do something wrong, and 99% chance your either on the wrong places, or camping to much....

This game is not about padding dmg, its about winning, winning with no dmg is imo much more ``skill`` as winning with massive dmg

(winning a boxing game with 1 punch is more skill as fighting for 10 rounds...)

Off-topic: 

How would you know about how much people lie? Are you some kinda wizzard or something? 

long post, but easiest way to explain it (its hard to explain, you need to really play here with *us* to expierence it)

simply said, because platoonwhoring doesnt fit with ``the profile of a lot of the players``....

FAME is more or less a normal clan (we play cw, we have a ts, fc, some ppl play tc etc) but even here lots of people play solo (the way ppl talk in chat etc) and if i meet FAME players, its always FAME playing solo...

My old clan, 322, was even ``worse``, no cw, tc, ts or rules, and whe we DID play tc, we played without ts and fc, and our first cws where without fc aswell...

We were basically a clan filled with one-man-armys, and we NEVER platooned with ts (infact, i never ever platooned with ts, except with Frenzier, 1 of the best players i know) even with the biggest try-hards of EU, i did NOT use teamspeak...

I guessetimate half the players played almost purely solo, for many 322 was the first ``clan``, sometimes 30 ppl online, and nobody to platoon with, because: no, i play solo xD.

in general, a big share of the best players of EU are only in a clan for tag / some platoons, not for cw, tc, or platoonwhoring, *they dont care* for stats or other crap (nor do i)

-snip-
Look at all that solo [FAME]

Taking the first 20 replays on wotreplays.com when searching for clan [FAME] lead to a set of 22 games because 1 was a team battle replay, and one incomplete. Starting with this one: http://wotreplays.com/site/743271#ruinberg-axiks-t54e1

Games: 20

Platooned [FAME] players: 17

Solo [FAME] players: 9

Small sample size? Yup. Selection bias? Most definitely. A point? Maybe.

1. Be consistent!

My biggest issue. Raging and playing when mad makes me sometimes play like shit and when i'm calm and relaxed i pwn the shit out of pubbies.

on EU:

EU Unicums are such awesome stand up guys. I wish I could just hang out with them and be near them <3 

Taking the first 20 replays on wotreplays.com when searching for clan [FAME] lead to a set of 22 games because 1 was a team battle replay, and one incomplete. Starting with this one: http://wotreplays.com/site/743271#ruinberg-axiks-t54e1

Games: 20

Platooned [FAME] players: 17

Solo [FAME] players: 9

Small sample size? Yup. Selection bias? Most definitely. A point? Maybe.

hmm, intersting way of checking who plays what

my opinion is based on how many people look for a platoon, even when there are a lot of players online, not many people look for platoon and very little platoon invites are spammed around.

perhaps, since FAME has ts, unlike my previous clan, people find platoons via teamspeak, but since ppl are even to lazy to join clanwars, i doubt :P

ps: i myself play 60/40 at this moment i think (40% solo), i guess the average in clan is regarding platoons a little higher, since we dont have that much one-man-armys left (people like tank_killer1 etc, amazing players, and mostly solo (i think, atleast, i never saw him platooning when he was in 322))

This game is not about padding dmg, its about winning, winning with no dmg is imo much more ``skill`` as winning with massive dmg

So yeah about that.

You are saying this guy: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/_Ergo_Proxy_/1003577422/

Is better than this guy: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/ru/LuciqueII/1264328/

Did i understand this correctly? or did i miss something?

All of your ideas are great and this/they would be really easy and all, if some of us wasn't still (GRINDING).. yes some of us actually still do that,

Sadly i have the mentality that grinding is fun(dont know how the fuck i got that idea) +(the economi of a homeless), + that i want them all@tonks. (gotta catch em all) and yes pokemon actually came out and was a big thing when i was a kid.(prob what screwed up my ideology in this matter/case).

if i wasnt understood correctly, i will add this.

1. Play medium and heavy tanks! They have an extremely low expected damage, compared to what they are available to do, with relative ease.
  2. Don't get mad! If you didnt have a great match damage vice. Nothing good will come out of rageing.     <--- i'm terrible at this!!!!!!!
  3. Learn you're tank! Pick a tank you feel really comfortable in, and play the shit out of it! Learn the weak points of this tank, and learn to hide them. Find the good things about this tank, and learn to abuse the shit out of them!
  4. Weakspots! Learn where to shot on every tank, not only where to pen, but allso how to set that tank on fire, or ammorack that tank.

those are hard when playing new tanks all the time, and grinding up the tiers. 

add the , Be consistent!  If you struggle with ping and lags witch has been bad for the last 2 patches.(red/green flicker on the pingmeter/buzzer).