Intumesce

Helpful Links to Websites and Programs

Question

Wotnews Tank Info

Shows soft stats and other stuff, very useful for a quick look at a tank.

Wotinfo "Noob Corner"

Has a metric ton of useful info. There's a section for skills and perks, camo value comparisons, and hit zones/weak spots for most tanks.

Tank Compare

Lets you compare one tank versus one or two other based on their individual stats.

WNEfficiency

Shows the expected average damage, spot, kill, etc. for each individual tank according to WN8 standards.

Tank Numbers

As suggested by users in the thread. You can enable everything from skills to equipment to consumables to see how the tank and its modules perform.

Target Damage

Similar to the above, but more illustrative. Shows you the expected damages to be green, blue, and purple.

WotCS

Shows statistics for clans as a whole including what players have what tanks and their winrate and WN7 (no update for WN8.)

Glass Model Viewer

Module and crew glass models. Hasn't been updated for a long time so a lot of tanks are missing and some models might be wrong.

----

Desktop Programs

Tank Inspector

Does A LOT of stuff (check out their website, it's too much to summarize) but most notably lets you see effective armor with angling included.

World of Tanks Tank Viewer

Basic model viewer. You can see a tank's armor layout and see how far their gun depression goes. Also good for taking pictures of tanks without backgrounds!

10 answers to this question

You should add to the description of WNEfficiency that you can find info on WN8 there, or add a separate link to the wiki. Nice list otherwise :)

I wonder if it would be possible for the developers of Tank Inspector to add in a section that explains stuff like the vision mechanics and armor angling, and possibly statistics for players and clans, as well as tank w/r versus player w/r, sometime in the future.

I can't browse around glass model viewer right now (because I'm not on my PC), but I'm pretty sure that they haven't updated it for a while because IIRC WG stopped having those models in the client ever since 7.5.

Wait, what? Glass models were included in the client!!!!!!!!

I thought those had just been created using models + hitbox info?

Wait, what? Glass models were included in the client!!!!!!!!

I thought those had just been created using models + hitbox info?

I would assume though, but I never was able to confirm this (unless someone can give me a client from 7.4.1 or earlier). The armor models are in the client too for example. I guess they just moved those models so they were only server-side, kind of like camo values. While you need the armor model for the penetration indicators, you don't need model locations for anything that the server can't do to my knowledge.