ViktorKitov

Armor Penetration Mechanics (WoWS)

Was joking .. its good to see they are releasing more info here and there.

I would like to get into the open alpha testing

Was joking .. its good to see they are releasing more info here and there.

I would like to get into the open alpha testing

"Open alpha testing"? How does that even make sense.

"Open alpha testing"? How does that even make sense?

Oy its was 4am its 530am now and I;m tired ... fixed it

I know there are wows alpha testers here and they cant talk about the game, but can they at least comment on it? Like simple "I'ts good" or "Great" or "Meh, like wowwp" or "It sucks"???

Feed us info!

I know there are wows alpha testers here and they cant talk about the game, but can they at least comment on it? Like simple "I'ts good" or "Great" or "Meh, like wowwp" or "It sucks"???

Feed us info!

When I still was in a clam, one of the people in it is an alpha tester and would never tell us much about it, only extremely vague descriptions

Feed us info!

A friend of friend's friend told me it's not great, but they are improving it.

If it's anything like NavyField in 3d then it will be good.

Can't be that bad, can it?

I love Chrome for auto-translating. It is just the same basic stuff we know and love from WoT.

Feed us info!

An alpha tester told me that it was really fun - it'll definitely be better than WoWP either way.

I hope the invites for Alpha when they start again asks for testing experience, not post count on the forum. I can sperg to pad the counts if that is what they want. But, I do have a lot of Alpha/Beta experience in other games.

Good thread, nice info.

Feed us info!

I enjoy it.  Though, as you might expect in an alpha, things change often, and many things are not available yet.  I have no idea how similar the game I've been testing will be to the game that is eventually released.  Only time will tell. 

Ship models are quite beautiful, and I believe many of them have already been posted by WG.  Mechanics make sense, and are being tweaked from patch to patch.  Controls take some time to get used to, but are second nature to me now.  There are some interesting concepts that I hope eventually make their way into other WG products.  I think arti in tanks would be much better if it  adopted the WoWS firing model. 

Can't really say much else.

I enjoy it.  Though, as you might expect in an alpha, things change often, and many things are not available yet.  I have no idea how similar the game I've been testing will be to the game that is eventually released.  Only time will tell. 

Ship models are quite beautiful, and I believe many of them have already been posted by WG.  Mechanics make sense, and are being tweaked from patch to patch.  Controls take some time to get used to, but are second nature to me now.  There are some interesting concepts that I hope eventually make their way into other WG products.  I think arti in tanks would be much better if it  adopted the WoWS firing model. 

Can't really say much else.

Cool, thats enough for me. i just wanted to see if WOWS will be worth anything. I was never atracted to planes, but the idea of ships, now thats something i really really could enjoy. Thx for sharing.

I was never atracted to planes, but the idea of ships, now thats something i really really could enjoy. Thx for sharing.

Same here, im not interested in silly planes, but ships on the other hand, that might be interesting.

and just like wot, wows has a sort of niche, how many proper ship games are there?

only thing i fear will be kinda fail is the maps, sea is sea, island and suchs are only scenery, unless they make shallow passes, there is not much variaty i fear (like playing wot all day long on a flat map with very little cover)

from what I have heard, there will be shallow zones.  one of the blog contests was to caption this picture with a witty one liner that describes the mechanics:

Picture-152.jpg

an example one they had already made in the post is this one:

Picture-6-EN1.jpg

source: http://blog.worldofwarships.com/the-first-tutorial/

a recent dev q/a post said ships sunk in shallow water will block the path of other ships

from what I have heard, there will be shallow zones.  one of the blog contests was to caption this picture with a witty one liner that describes the mechanics:

Picture-152.jpg

"No fat chicks. Boat will scrape."

Strange question.

Will there be waves? I'd like a storm map with ships rocking all over the place and very limited vision due to the height and rain