perpixel

We can't rage at tomatoes anymore

So i came by this article on wikipedia. Turns out those tomatoes being zo bad actually isn't there fault! There actually been studies to why people can't acknowledge why they are so bad and why this prohibits them from getting better.

But we can actually use this article to our advantage as it will make an excellent tool in yet another stupid discussion on why stats don't matter and some random tomato starts yelling he can take on anyone one by one.

I present to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Uh huh, old news. I prefer the original journal publication: http://www.physics.uofl.edu/williger/unskilled_and_unaware_1999.pdf

People rage at baddies because baddies are bad, and they should feel bad. The difference lies in the rager in knowing why the baddie is bad.

Then we get dunning-krueger affected baddies raging at other baddies.

Checkmate, psychology?

The reason "baddies" exist is because they just think of this game as a casual experience as opposed to something you're supposed to learn and get better at [CoD is an example of the experience they expect this to be]

So i came by this article on wikipedia. Turns out those tomatoes being zo bad actually isn't there fault! There actually been studies to why people can't acknowledge why they are so bad and why this prohibits them from getting better.

But we can actually use this article to our advantage as it will make an excellent tool in yet another stupid discussion on why stats don't matter and some random tomato starts yelling he can take on anyone one by one.

I present to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

You fail at understanding.

It is their fault and this is why they won't admit it.

The reason "baddies" exist is because they just think of this game as a casual experience as opposed to something you're supposed to learn and get better at [CoD is an example of the experience they expect this to be]

This is why we need to split pubs into two separate queues: "ranked" (i.e. results will affect your stats, maybe skill-based MM to balance the teams, etc.) and "unranked" (i.e. doesn't affect your stats, mostly meant for the play4fun people). Of course, there wouldn't be anything stopping the play4fun terribads from infesting the ranked games whenever they want, but there would at least be less interaction between the somewhat serious players and the play4funs, which can only be a good thing given the mutual resentment. Different topic for a different thread, I suppose.

Objection, CoD takes no skillz.

Objection, CoD takes no skillz.

Objection rejected. He said the exact same thing. Read moaaaar carefully :)

Objection rejected. He said the exact same thing. Read moaaaar carefully :)

I actually read the article while I was at work on mobile, way before making the comment.