rocketbrainsurgeon

Equipment Guide

Yes, WAR does help keep your ammo rack from being damaged. It's a bit situational though, as in many situations your ammo rack will be damaged in one shot even with the extra toughness of a WAR.

I think dropping Rammer for WAR is a very bad decision, though. Rammer/Vstab are very important.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

...... Rammer/Vstab are very important.

For the third slot then, optics vs vents vs ???  -- always situational or is there a simple rule of thumb to apply?

(thought RBS had done an analysis a while back that showed "optics" boosts your XP earned across all tanks?)

DPM is one of the few things the CDC has going for it so not running a rammer is silly.  Third slot Optics vs Vents is a toss up in my book. If you plan to do any of your own spotting, Optics is pretty important because of the relatively poor base view range and you really shouldn't have the view range skills on your crew unless they are really advanced. If you're more of a bitch sniper then vents is probably worth it. I personally have been running vents+coffee which is only 423 view range and has occasionally hurt me because of not being able to spot stuff.

WAR has been deemed pretty damn close to universally useless for the following reasons:

1) Most tanks deal enough damage to ammo rack you in one shot of equal tier.

2) It requires you to get hit for it to be effective

3) Rammer is active 24/7

WAR was popular in 2013 on m103 et al but has pretty much been proven to be a waste of a slot. the new meta (now old meta really) is to just run 2 rep kits if you are that concerned about ammo racks.

vents vs anything has always been a case of can you mount anything useful other than vents? typically vents go on autoloaders due to the inability to use rammer on those

optics vs other equipment.. again... some farmers on EU swear by them but you cannot convince me that optics are a better choice for an is7 (looking at you orzanel) vs anything else of the big 3

this is true for meds now as well since spotting maps are pretty much gone. the new focus is gun handling followed by dpm for pubs.

On 3/7/2016 at 6:46 AM, yolorush said:

optics vs other equipment.. again... some farmers on EU swear by them but you cannot convince me that optics are a better choice for an is7 (looking at you orzanel) vs anything else of the big 3

Optics are IMO essential on most classes, cus of beyond 445 VR - viewrange cuts enemy camo factor, so one can never have enough VR. Its great for both xp in battle and gunmarks.