SULOMON

German E-50M medium line. Which tanks to skip?

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which tanks to play some?

• Panther.
    • Panther 2.
    • E-50.
  2. 2. Which tanks to skip?

• Panther.
    • Panther 2.
    • E-50.
    • None.

Well I'm close to the Panther and wondering if the tier 7-9 tanks are worth playing. I'll either free xp the tanks completely or free xp the stock tank and grind it till I get bored with grinding and then use free xp.

I was planning on skipping the Panther and Panther 2 but I have heard that the Panther is good (confirm or deny?). The Panther 2 is not good as far as I know (confirm or deny?).

Edit: Edited poll.

Play them all. Btw Panther is a beast in the upcoming Prokhorovka historical battle, I prefer its historical set up to the Tiger on that map.

You made the poll so that you have to pick a tank to skip, when in reality you shouldn't skip any of them.

Skipping an entire tank is generally a terrible idea unless it's absolute garbage like the Emil.

Panther is average for tier 7, and actually has decent penetration for it's tier compared to the rest of the brethren. Playable but probably quite boring. Panther II is well rounded with nothing special about it. The E50 is a beast. The upgrade to the E50M is really quite small if you are willing to just sling sprem and you are one whole tier down. The gem in the line.

Skip the Panther II. Both the Panther and Panther II are equally boring, but investing the 2.5m into the Panther II is a huge waste, esp if you've already got a taste of what a T8 support med is like.

Do not skip them at all. You need to get familiar with hull shape, turret posizion ando other things. Invaluable things for a green like you. Rexx could skip the P2, but he's on a whole different league.

Learn all the tanks in the line. Master them, and you'll kick butts in the E50M.

Do not skip them at all. You need to get familiar with hull shape, turret posizion ando other things. Invaluable things for a green like you. Rexx could skip the P2, but he's on a whole different league.

Learn all the tanks in the line. Master them, and you'll kick butts in the E50M.

I don't have a lot of time to play tonks so it would take forever for me to get to the E-50M if I played enough to master each tank.

Skip the Panther II. Both the Panther and Panther II are equally boring, but investing the 2.5m into the Panther II is a huge waste, esp if you've already got a taste of what a T8 support med is like.

Only Rexxie would ask someone to skip a tank because it's boring :P

Panther is worth skipping.

Panther II is okay, I'd skip it if I had the free XP but it's bearable.

I've heard E-50 and E-50M are amazingly fun tanks to play.

I don't have a lot of time to play tonks so it would take forever for me to get to the E-50M if I played enough to master each tank.

I can second that, but do you want to get up to the E50M and realise you miss crucial skills for playing it? I don't really think so. This game is not a race, take your time and enjoy the ride.

try to get a mastery badge in each one and then do what you want.

Ace Tanker is more down to luck than anything else.

I just went from Panther to Panther II and it seems the playstyle is the same. There are be some slight differences - like at tier 7 you can do more what you like, and at tier 8 you should keep to sniping against more experienced and equipped enemies. On the other hand, the Panther's 7,5 cm is a great snipe gun. So - if you like that playstyle you should skip neither, and if you don't - skip both. 

For me the Panther felt a little boring, but it might be my personal preference - I like to do stuff, and my survival rate suffers :)

if you have to skip, skip panther 2, it plays roughly the same as the tier 7, except you exchange the L100 for the tiger's gun..   and it's also a bit slower due to being a heavier tank with the same engine as the panther.  sold mine, will be free xp'ing to the E-50 whenever i get around to it, not in any particular rush.

From what I've heard, the panther's ok, and so is the Panther 2 too. But if you can afford to skip them, the do it.

Don't skip the E50, it's like, the third best in tier tank. The E50M is amazing as well. Playing both these tanks on a friends account (I totally don't share account info I have never broken anything on the EULA) have made me want them both.

I played the panther for quite a few games to research both the P2 and the KT. It taught me absolutely nothing that translates to the E-50M.

I'd recommend you skip to at least the tier 9- you can pick it up quite readily whether you start at the E-50 or the Ausf. M itself. It's not really a hard tank to play, it does everything well

A part from how to abuse terrain with a near-identical hull shape and turret placement you mean?

Also, remeber you are NOT green. You pick up tanks much easier than he does.

if you want to use free-exp for something use it for e50 modules.. this tank can be a bitch to grind from stock.

believe me i should know i did this and did not even have premium account then.

but yeah elite its almost as good as t54 and great fun too!

Yeah, that as well. Stock E50 is gonna be a true pain, i promise you. I did it all non-premium and it's a shit. Once you get everything though... Amazing.

I wouldn't skip any of them.   If you're in a hurry to get a tier 10 for CW, bail out on the whole line right now because the E-50M is not wanted for CW.  If you're in a hurry for some other reason, don't be.

I grind this line too. Played panther, solid tank, was able to carry. Panther 2 is crap, cant carry against t10 because low pen. E50 is great, I will free exp the top gun.

Because skills tend to be transferrable down tank lines, the learning process is shorter each time.

Because skills tend to be transferrable down tank lines, the learning process is shorter each time.

I don't think Panther skills transfer to E-50 very well. Aren't there strategies a bit different?

Knowledge of firing lanes and terrain abuse are always useful, and the panter series hull is analogue of the E50's.

Also, panther teaches you how to exploit high accuracy guns.