BlitzCanuck

Obj.704

Rammer + Gun Laying Drive + Optics is the way to go with the Object 704. You could switch out Optics for Binoculars, but you're trading out extra view range on the move for double-extra view range while stationary and with a locked hull, and frankly, in a tank with limited gun traverse, you're going to be moving that hull often and lose that view range bonus quite often with binoculars. 

Running camouflage net on a tank destroyer is a terrible idea, the only time it would actually be beneficial if you were to plop down 300m away from the enemy's vanguard/front, then stop moving and lock your gun traverse, as you can imagine, that rarely ever happens. Bushes are already effective enough. 

I was starting to question the benefits of nets and binocs as it seems i'm moderately aggressive in my TD's, so i'm glad I asked.

Thanks.

I ran camo net, rammer and empty slot. 890 XP per game.

I could have used either a GLD or vents in the empty slot if I had the credits.

Using a camo net, is like kewei said, situational. I'd only add that it also depends on your play style.

Rammer + Gun Laying Drive + Optics is the way to go with the Object 704. You could switch out Optics for Binoculars, but you're trading out extra view range on the move for double-extra view range while stationary and with a locked hull, and frankly, in a tank with limited gun traverse, you're going to be moving that hull often and lose that view range bonus quite often with binoculars. 

Running camouflage net on a tank destroyer is a terrible idea, the only time it would actually be beneficial if you were to plop down 300m away from the enemy's vanguard/front, then stop moving and lock your gun traverse, as you can imagine, that rarely ever happens. Bushes are already effective enough. 

Have the changes to the camo system altered this now that camo is a fixed bonus and stacks?

Have the changes to the camo system altered this now that camo is a fixed bonus and stacks?

No, the 704 has a horrible gun traverse range, you'll constantly be resetting the camo net mostly negating it's bonus. Granted there might need some testing but I'm still going to say no.

Same goes for 268 when you get there. Although I use Vents instead of Coated Optics. 268 already has the view range and camo to make up for Coated Optics, but a 100% crew, Brothers in Arms, and Vents will bring the 268 reload down to 14.04, which is a surprising reload to just about anybody that goes up against it.

Using a camo net, is like kewei said, situational. I'd only add that it also depends on your play style.

It's not situational, it's useless, unless you want your 704 to be a dedicated passive scout that doesn't fire. 8.6 didn't really make it any better and once you move your hull (all the time, with the 704) or fire your gun it's nullified. GLD and optics/binocs would serve you much better. Binocs really are an option on this tank depending on your playstyle because you only need to have them active for a few seconds to light things and then move and fire while they're still lit. If you're aggressive and enjoy assaulting tanks though, optics.