jackquerudo

How Do I Replay: Buying 3rd Mark of 50B included

OK Jack. These are the first replays I've ever seen from you. I'm impressed. And can obviously understand why you're in Fnatic (didn't it used to be Fulcrum??). Just watched El Halluf and Westfield. Your placement/choice of where to go on both maps was no surprise, but why you did what you did is what I'd like to ask, if you wouldn't mind answering:

1) El Halluf: You fired about 7-8 times blindly in the first 2-3 minutes toward their base, into known hiding/camping spots. The only thing you knew was that a couple of theirs had been spotted around there just prior. Is this normal unicum behavior? I have read that many purples do this, but had no idea that you'd fire so many rounds. That alone was 1/4-1/5 of your entire ammo rack expended in blind shots at the very beginning of the battle.

2) El Halluf: You dropped down the cliff when the 13 90 went to the typical hiding spot behind the rock near the pool. How do you know when to drop down to finish him off, possibly being then becoming the target of bunches of enemies, vs staying up top and definitely being able to stay alive?

3) Westfield: Similar question to #2: After you took several thousands of HP from their team on the north ridgeline, you then suddenly decided (or so it seemed ... it was planned, I assume) to rush out into the middle of what they had left, up and over the ridgeline, and therefore knowing you'd be surrounded by several of their remaining tanks. What I'm thinking you were thinking:

1. Situational awareness: You knew which enemies where approximately where over there, and knew you'd be able to, with support, do massive damage to what was left of them, with some pubbie and toon support, using your E5's maneuverability and hulldownedness(?).
  2. Map awareness: You knew you were driving up and over and into a small gulley where their tanks wouldn't be able to fire at you. The T30 certainly looked like a newb, and so you poked back and forth, hiding your turret and then appearing so that you could fire, back and forth, back and forth, and then moved to the next target.

That last issue is one I really struggle with: When to push, when to push hard, and when not to push at all.

Thanks.

There are differences between light purples, dark purples, and even higher dark purples.

I don't see many light purples or even dark purples whom I platoon with fire into those spots on El Halluf. I wouldn't call it normal behavior as the most shots I've seen people fire, if at all, are 1 to 2 max.

When your goal is the win, you do whatever you can to eliminate any margins for error. This includes gold on autoloaders, and a decent portion of it on anything else. Citing the El Halluf game, he wasn't in a medium tank, being the campy map it is, any HP taken off at the beginning can help at the end.

OK Jack. These are the first replays I've ever seen from you. I'm impressed. And can obviously understand why you're in Fnatic (didn't it used to be Fulcrum??). Just watched El Halluf and Westfield. Your placement/choice of where to go on both maps was no surprise, but why you did what you did is what I'd like to ask, if you wouldn't mind answering:

1) El Halluf: You fired about 7-8 times blindly in the first 2-3 minutes toward their base, into known hiding/camping spots. The only thing you knew was that a couple of theirs had been spotted around there just prior. Is this normal unicum behavior? I have read that many purples do this, but had no idea that you'd fire so many rounds. That alone was 1/4-1/5 of your entire ammo rack expended in blind shots at the very beginning of the battle.

2) El Halluf: You dropped down the cliff when the 13 90 went to the typical hiding spot behind the rock near the pool. How do you know when to drop down to finish him off, possibly being then becoming the target of bunches of enemies, vs staying up top and definitely being able to stay alive?

3) Westfield: Similar question to #2: After you took several thousands of HP from their team on the north ridgeline, you then suddenly decided (or so it seemed ... it was planned, I assume) to rush out into the middle of what they had left, up and over the ridgeline, and therefore knowing you'd be surrounded by several of their remaining tanks. What I'm thinking you were thinking:

1. Situational awareness: You knew which enemies where approximately where over there, and knew you'd be able to, with support, do massive damage to what was left of them, with some pubbie and toon support, using your E5's maneuverability and hulldownedness(?).
  2. Map awareness: You knew you were driving up and over and into a small gulley where their tanks wouldn't be able to fire at you. The T30 certainly looked like a newb, and so you poked back and forth, hiding your turret and then appearing so that you could fire, back and forth, back and forth, and then moved to the next target.

That last issue is one I really struggle with: When to push, when to push hard, and when not to push at all.

Thanks.

1) I fire into them because there's always someone sitting behind them, and I think I saw one of my teammates get shot by most likely the 128mm (~503) on the PzIV Waffle at the only place he could be hit by that spot, so I assumed there was at least one or more tanks there. Alas I did hit him once ...I think. Ammo conservation did pop into my head, but I was confident that I only need around ~20 rounds to carry a team

2) As soon as that lorraine died, I knew with a good chance that nobody would spot me going down the hill until I got to the very end. And I was thinking if they have a lorraine guarding the flank by itself to kill the T54, there can't be much to defend this side of the map (assumption)

3) E5 is pretty hard to pen/kill if you keep moving in that position. Basically you keep going until you can only shoot at the furthest person to minimize exposure to the rest (only 1 person has any chance of shooting your hull/weakspots at a time). The T110E5 tumor is obvious and somewhat easy to pen, but using it as a shot bait and shuffling to make people miss is quite hilarious. I did make a mistake by driving into the open to kill the T30, that left me exposed to the waffle. Thankfully the waffle was bad.

1.png

http://wotreplays.com/site/778682#self

2.png

http://wotreplays.com/site/778689#self

#Featuring Diastant

Some new replays while still under the influence of 5x cancer

I'm actually pretty new to this thing so please let me know what you guys want to see/which tanks you'd like to see

Feedbacks welcome

Most of the team 1 line. Should have known otherwise.

On another note, E5 turret wiggling OP.

Yeah your team was pretty bad...

That's why I love the E5, only snap shotting pubbies can pen it reliably.

Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such day time sitcoms as "Pubbie Snapshot Saga Part I", "The Joy of Getting Clicked with Cancer", "Gold spamming: The Way of Life", and "Is Only Game"

In other news, new replay pack (Warning: some retard plays due to induction of Whisky, as well as the ensuing rage)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1372434/4-23.rar

tumblr_mppez1gAxv1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

If that's you while under influence, I have no excuse for being bad.

That E-50 replay, I noticed you were extremely aggressive taking that hulldown corner in the middle and was pinned down by the Cent for a good minute or two. Your platoon mates bailed you out but you still took a HEAT shell to the ass while relocating, RNG saved you. Was it a calculated risk? Also, would it be a better idea to go up the B line to shoot the 103 and 62A earlier?

If that's you while under influence, I have no excuse for being bad.

That E-50 replay, I noticed you were extremely aggressive taking that hulldown corner in the middle and was pinned down by the Cent for a good minute or two. Your platoon mates bailed you out but you still took a HEAT shell to the ass while relocating, RNG saved you. Was it a calculated risk? Also, would it be a better idea to go up the B line to shoot the 103 and 62A earlier?

1. I take positions aggressively because I normally have no patience to damage farm, and prefer to play my way out of situations. It's one of the only merits of playing pubs anyways, and that is to play your tank well enough out of a potentially bad situation.

Plus if I will never depend on pubbies to spot for me, they are simply too stupid and will die in the process

2. I would've been fine either way if I stayed there.

3. I had enough HP to take a shot from the 62A when I left, RNG saved nothing

4. No it would be stupid to go up the B line prematurely without spotting most of their team first. You're asking to get a) killed right off the bat b) pinned so you are combat ineffective

The fucking file name for that picture is amazing

canadianasianhipsterhockeynerdrage.jpeg

On Swamp from North where are you supposed to play meds most effectively? I can do it, but I noticed my performance dropped significantly from North side than South.

(Probably because there isn't a camo ridge to shoot dumb pubbies who cross the bridge sideways.)

The fucking file name for that picture is amazing

canadianasianhipsterhockeynerdrage.jpeg

On Swamp from North where are you supposed to play meds most effectively? I can do it, but I noticed my performance dropped significantly from North side than South.

(Probably because there isn't a camo ridge to shoot dumb pubbies who cross the bridge sideways.)

I usually rush A3-A4 and get positioning on the people trying to cross bridge, because once they take the same position, defending becomes a pain in the ass. This way you can have people at D5 helping you at the same time