deetz

Anybody else play Osu?

Title. 

Basic explanation of the game: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ

Was originally an NDS game,

The gameplay consists of only three elements: tapping circles on the touchscreen, dragging a ball across a fixed path and rotating a spinner very fast. All these elements are timed to (covers of) popular Japanese songs

Ported to the PC, where anybody can make the beatmap for the songs. There is a much wider variety of music there.

While most PC users won't have a touchscreen at their disposal, this game is made to be playable with a normal mouse, as well as any number of input devices you can possibly think of. Different play styles can be found in the Play Styles page. There are some songs which push the limits of the normal mouse (and you), but all the (ranked and approved) beatmaps have been tested and (most can be) passable using only a mouse.

I've been playing this a lot recently and it's been quite fun. Anybody else play?

If not, I'd suggest checking it out and giving it a try here.

My ingame name is Whee123 deetz if anybody wants to know.

(changed name)

My brother and I used to play way back, like a couple of years ago. My brother even hit the top 500 at one point, which I thought was pretty impressive.

Maybe I should see if my old account is still active. It was a pretty fun game, even though I played with a mouse rather than with a stylus.

ofc i had to try this when practically everyone was playing it on anilinkz

not bad but not good enough to start wot-like addictions

I've played Elite Beat Agents and O2Jam, and got decently good at both, so this looks interesting. Does playing Osu! with a mouse feel alright?

It's definitely playable. I played it for a long while on the mouse before my brother gave me his graphic tablet (found no use for it I guess). If you turn the sensitivity settings just right it should be fine. Most of the maps are tested to be at least barely playable on the mouse.

For now, I think I'll be settling into the 7-key songs since those controls are the most familiar. Lots of stuff to download.

Ah, you're a mania player, missed that small detail, heh.

I have 3 tablets.

None of them were originally mine before my brother decided he didn't want to do graphic design.

i play osu badly sometimes.  I suck alot tho.  to much frenzied clicking on higher ones yknow, do not want.

i play osu badly sometimes.  I suck alot tho.  to much frenzied clicking on higher ones yknow, do not want.

Part of the fun IMO. :P and you can alternate tapping between x and z in a frenzy rather than click on the mouse. Makes streaming much easier.

rip Whee123

Whee123 > deetz

It got a little tiring being named fucking "Whee123"...

They ported this from DS!?!?!?!?

AWESOME!

I loved both Osu games and Elite Beat Agents as well!

I played it for a while and have two friends who are terribly good at it, but I was a casual and it was too hard to get good songs of a particular genre to play if you don't listen to chinaman music. Spent more time hunting through beatmaps available to get a decent collection going than actually playing until I gave up.