KenFlorian

Help me pick a T6 medium.

can confirm hellcat > KV-1S at higher tiers

Personally out of the actual tier6 meds, I think the E8 was best. Cromwell's bloom made me want to kill myself. I've never played the 34-85.

I don't think that's entirely true

If one tank has 500 alpha and 0.35 accuracy while another has 250 and 0.3 accuracy, the 500 alpha tank is a much better sniper

When 2 tanks have similar damage values but different accuracies (think E 50 M and M48 for example) then the tank with better accuracy will almost always snipe better than the other even if they have better rate of fire

Shell distribution and reticule size are two entirely different things, but shell distribution can make a tank with horrible accuracy still hit the center of the reticule surprisingly often

What really matters with reticule size is how far the shell distribution will send your shot from the center

Cromwell's bloom made me want to kill myself.

This. I was also unable to make that shit work. And that tank was sooo hyped when I bought it, I was never so disappointed..

Oneeechan, on 13 Apr 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:

What really matters with reticule size is how far the shell distribution will send your shot from the center

Four times. Today shells hit the edge of aiming circle four times less than before 8.6, on all tanks.

KV-3 was blatantly op back then, and accuracy mechanics were also reworked (in 0.8.6). KV-1S's 122mm gun is at least 4x more accurate today than it was pre-8.6.

So... it's now accurate, fast, has good gun depression, and has good armor. It is the best heavy, best medium, best solo stomper, best platooner, best wolfpack tank, best in everything except at scouting/vision control, that's where Hellcats excel.

All other tanks at tier 6 are now obsolete. They can be played for their "fun" factor. But lets be serious, they are not KVs or 'Cats.

This is ridiculous. The 1S is not accurate, and it has the weakest armor of any Tier 6 HT. Maneuverable and it has high alpha and good pen...and that's it. Reticle bloom, accuracy, aim time, reload and DPM are all awful.

Great tank, but let's not pretend it doesn't have its weaknesses or that all other tanks in the tier are "obsolete".

I don't think that's entirely true

If one tank has 500 alpha and 0.35 accuracy while another has 250 and 0.3 accuracy, the 500 alpha tank is a much better sniper

When 2 tanks have similar damage values but different accuracies (think E 50 M and M48 for example) then the tank with better accuracy will almost always snipe better than the other even if they have better rate of fire

Shell distribution and reticule size are two entirely different things, but shell distribution can make a tank with horrible accuracy still hit the center of the reticule surprisingly often

All tanks use the same shot distribution. Where are you getting this?

KV-3 was blatantly op back then, and accuracy mechanics were also reworked (in 0.8.6). KV-1S's 122mm gun is at least 4x more accurate today than it was pre-8.6.

So... it's now accurate, fast, has good gun depression, and has good armor. It is the best heavy, best medium, best solo stomper, best platooner, best wolfpack tank, best in everything except at scouting/vision control, that's where Hellcats excel.

All other tanks at tier 6 are now obsolete. They can be played for their "fun" factor. But lets be serious, they are not KVs or 'Cats.

but which line would be the most consistent long term into higher tiers I wonder

but which line would be the most consistent long term into higher tiers I wonder

If you want consistently good medium lines, go for the Americans or Russians.

Garbad dissing something soviet? What kind of OBAMANATION are we living in?

"If I made soviet tanks as good as they were in real life, no one would play anything else."

-Comrade Serb

Must nerf glorious soviet war winners to appease capitalist masses.

All tier 6 meds are poor; pick the one that leads to tanks you want to play.

How can you not like the Jumbo and E8?

Jumbo is too big, slow, and has inadequate guns

E8 is simply outclassed by other mediums that are faster or have better guns

The guns aren't a problem with careful aiming - and it takes little time to aim - and smart use of gold. The Jumbo's speed isn't a real issue either, just think ahead. Anybody that thinks far enough ahead to flex in heavies should have no trouble flexing in the Jumbo.

I have zero trouble with same-tier meds in either tank.

The guns are a problem

If you use the M1A2 you might as well play the E8 because you have to use a turret with much worse armor

If you use the 105mm you have a shitty gun that is mediocre even with gold spam

The Jumbo's speed is an issue because some same tier heavies are faster and have better firepower, not to mention more health

Before the 105mm nerf, the Jumbo was a good tank

Now it isn't, it's the tier 6 equivalent of the Super Pershing

The SP is fine.

Also, use the M1A1 for reliable penetration. Use the armor wisely; choose your location somewhere you can't be easily rushed, and you're gonna bounce shots like crazy, even from Tier 8 tanks.

As for the speed, it's entirely sufficient, and while there's one single Tier 6 heavy that's faster, the Jumbo turns better than any of them.

SP is not fine, many people argue it's one of, if not the worst tier 8 premium tank

The M1A1 is fine for a tier 5 gun

On a tier 6 heavy medium it sucks badly

The armor is good, yes, but what is it supposed to do besides that?
There's a reason tanks like the Maus are useless: if all you can do is bounce shots and hit back like a girl, you're worthless

KV-1S turns slightly slower while having a higher top speed

ARL 44 has a higher top speed

VK 36 has a higher top speed

The Jumbo sucks, it's arguably one of the weakest mediums in a tier where mediums are okay compared to the competition

The guns aren't a problem with careful aiming - and it takes little time to aim - and smart use of gold. The Jumbo's speed isn't a real issue either, just think ahead. Anybody that thinks far enough ahead to flex in heavies should have no trouble flexing in the Jumbo.

I have zero trouble with same-tier meds in either tank.

From the look of it, you have trouble putting out any real sort of damage in either tank. Both tanks in your hands have the DPGs of tanks 2 tiers below.

ucl7614.png?1

SP is not fine, many people argue it's one of, if not the worst tier 8 premium tank

The M1A1 is fine for a tier 5 gun

On a tier 6 heavy medium it sucks badly

The armor is good, yes, but what is it supposed to do besides that?

There's a reason tanks like the Maus are useless: if all you can do is bounce shots and hit back like a girl, you're worthless

KV-1S turns slightly slower while having a higher top speed

ARL 44 has a higher top speed

VK 36 has a higher top speed

The Jumbo sucks, it's arguably one of the weakest mediums in a tier where mediums are okay compared to the competition

The Jumbo damages things. It shouldn't have much trouble penning anything in its tier except another Jumbo, a well-angled T-150, or perhaps an ARL that keeps its distance. The Jumbo and T-150 you use gold, and the ARL you just decline to fight it at that range; at medium range the turret is an easy pen and at close range the large LFP is also. Fighting an ARL at long range is just not what you want to do, unless you're well hull-down and have the stock turret.

What Tier 6 is supposed to be clearly better than the E8 or Jumbo, anyway?

The E8 can be a lot of fun thanks to on-the-move accuracy.  Sometimes it works out like in this game.  Sadly a Cromwell doing the same thing would have put 90% of its shots into the dirt even when circling the T34....

Also, the E2 is garbage.

Jumbo is too slow with not enough of a bang. Its a solid tank against T6 and fairly amazing against T5, but a complete letdown against T7 and 8. It just cant compete. Even then, a lot of T6 mediums absolutely rape face against T5 tanks. Hell, the 3001P has literally nothing but a 88 and I did much better in it than in my short Jumbo repurchase.

E8 is great, it's what the Cromwell wants to be... it's just kind of big.

Best T6 mediums are the 34-85 and E8. After that you've got a couple runner-ups like the A-43, Cromwell and 3001D. After that is a plethora of meds like the 3002M, 3001P, Type 58, and Jumbo. Its a good tier for mediums.