Rexifer

New baddy checking in

7 posts in this topic

I've been playing for a few months and I feel like I am not as bad a baddie as I was being bad even a month ago.  Clearly I have a long way to go in my skills.  I've been trying to follow much of the discussion here and feel that it has really helped me to be not so red.  I think my goal is to hit dark green and see what I can see from there.  I'll probably never be purple given my lack of youthful reflexes but I am sure I can do much better than I am doing now.  

I've been spreading my attention around to many many tanks over this time and am still having difficulty focusing.  This can be seen by my having 8 tier 7 or 8 regular tanks.  To some extent I've been chasing the OnTrack tank lines with some other random tank play.  

From what mistakes I can give, although I'm a horrible player, I can give you somethings you should focus on.

• I've ground out 5-6 lines to tier 8, without premium. It takes goddamm forever, and when you want a tier 10 and don't have one it sucks. Get one line and stick with it.
  • If you follow kewei's guide to learning, get a tier 9-10 tank and solo pub, every time you make a mistake, remind yourself not to do it.
  • Get some tanks that fit your interests, whether it's padding, scouting , to tourney's and CW, make learning to play enjoyable.
  • Don't play on tilt, when you're angry take a break, rather than trash your stats.

Also, when I get back from taking a break, not grinding a tier 9 when waffle's ontrack is happening, I would love to platoon with you. 

Hey Anticamper,

I'm just back from yet another break.  I really like your last two points.  I find when I am grinding a tank line out I get burnt out and start not liking playing anymore, its not as much fun and when you get into a rut the frustration level raises to the point where you say WTF and do something else.  My best WOT experiences have been picking a tank or two and just play for fun.  I was able to focus more on lessons learned rather that trying to get the next module so that tank sucks less :).  So those two points for me make a huge difference, just wanted to lend my voice for what its worth.

Anyway, its nice to know others think the same way.

Tracer

From what mistakes I can give, although I'm a horrible player, I can give you somethings you should focus on.

• I've ground out 5-6 lines to tier 8, without premium. It takes goddamm forever, and when you want a tier 10 and don't have one it sucks. Get one line and stick with it.
  • If you follow kewei's guide to learning, get a tier 9-10 tank and solo pub, every time you make a mistake, remind yourself not to do it.
  • Get some tanks that fit your interests, whether it's padding, scouting , to tourney's and CW, make learning to play enjoyable.
  • Don't play on tilt, when you're angry take a break, rather than trash your stats.

Also, when I get back from taking a break, not grinding a tier 9 when waffle's ontrack is happening, I would love to platoon with you. 

* I have premium, if you look at my tank list you can clearly see I am a wallet warrior.

* I'm planning on getting the T9/10 just still cant decide which line.  I'm chasing the current OnTrack, been working on the Rhoomba a good bit.  I also have the Panther II.  Neither is particularly close to being elite.  The E 50 is very tempting to chase but after the fun I had in the Panther, the Panther II seems like a chore.  

* I am about 20 games from unlocking the IS3.  Looking forward to developing that tank.  

* I need to do better at this.  I hate going out on a losing note so I continually chase one last win.  This is why I don't gamble in Vegas anymore.  I really need to work on this aspect.  

I'm always up for good platoons, especially ones where someone can tell me I'm being a dumbass before the enemy team tells me through superior firepower.