Intumesce

Upcoming tank buffs and nerfs

From the newest post on FTR:

Regarding Storm’s post about upcoming vehicle nerfs and buffs:

- FV4202, KV-5, IS-7 and T-34-3 are not on the list, T57 Heavy will also not be nerfed, Object 430 will not be buffed
- Churchill Gun Carrier is actually suddenly doing really fine statistically, one of the best vehicles on its tier
- it’s possible (SS: as in NOT certain) that WT E-100 will be nerfed (“he stands out but only a little”)
- there is nop need to buff British heavies, they are fine apart from tier 10
- KV-1S will not be nerfed in 9.1, but later
- KV-1 and KV-1S will not be united into a single tank
- Storm confirms that LT’s will be buffed by decreasing their maximum battletier
- for now it was not decided whether to nerf E-25
- Wargaming is not using winrate as the main balance method anymore apparently
- apparently, the list of tanks to nerf contains “pedobear” tanks (T18 and T40 for example) as well
- currently, developers are collecting detailed data on the performance of gold shells – after that, it will be decided whether to do something about them and what
- T-34-3 is “a good vehicle in the right hands”
- for now, in 9.1, the base camo coefficient for TD’s won’t be touched
- there were some ideas to change the mechanism of crew hatches (copulas) as weakspots, developers thought about it, but decided not to do anything, there was an idea to reduce the damage taken to these spots, but it’s “too complicated” (SS: whatever that means).
- apparently, in 9.0 release, the armor of Tortoise and M103 became better than during test (SS: will check tomorrow)

T57 Heavy will also not be nerfed

Thank god. I would have cried if I ground to it for it only to be shit.

(Inb4: yes it's broken, not meaning to start debate on that shit el oh el)

looking at all the stuff which wont be buffed (and at russian server, which metter for buffing / nering)

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/03/16/tier-10-ru-server-statistics/

IS4, IS7, 113 and 50b buffs? E3 and WTF nerf?

for the rest i hope a whole bunch of low tiers get nerfhammered, T18, hellcat and suchs, pedobears ruin the game here big time...

(playing tier 2 is even for a unicum not much fun due to statpadding t18 dickheads, unless im also playing a statpadding shit tank)

I suspect the FV isn't being touched because it's just getting straight up replaced. I don't even understand their thinking for the Church GC, maybe the three guys that have one are unis? The T-34-3 could use a lil love to it's gun handling imo, but w/e.

WTF100 stands out "only a little"? Do the pubtatoes bring it down that much? Even retards can dump out 2-3k before melting.

They seriously need to nerf that waffle.  I can't stand it any longer, being able to eliminate a t8 platoon in a single clip.

looking at all the stuff which wont be buffed (and at russian server, which metter for buffing / nering)

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/03/16/tier-10-ru-server-statistics/

IS4, IS7, 113 and 50b buffs? E3 and WTF nerf?

for the rest i hope a whole bunch of low tiers get nerfhammered, T18, hellcat and suchs, pedobears ruin the game here big time...

(playing tier 2 is even for a unicum not much fun due to statpadding t18 dickheads, unless im also playing a statpadding shit tank)

Well according to FTR the IS-7 won't be buffed or nerfed in 9.1. Sad because a DPM buff would be awesome. 

- FV4202, KV-5, IS-7 and T-34-3 are not on the list, T57 Heavy will also not be nerfed, Object 430 will not be buffed
- T-34-3 isa good vehicle in the right hands”

I would love the T-34-3 to get an acceleration buff. As it is, this tank is pretty much bad at everything except camo.

Also this:

Storm just disclosed some info as to what will happen in patch 9.1.

- TD camouflage bonus after shooting will be removed (SS: currently, when shooting, TD’s don’t lose as much camo as other classes, this will be a nasty nerf especially to very fragile TD’s with big guns, such as the Borsig and WT Panzer IV)
- some light tanks will be buffed (at the very least, MT-25 and VK2801), MT-25 should be buffed approximately to the old T-50-2 level
- tier 4+ light tanks will have their MM tier spread reduced (there will be exceptions for certain vehicles)
- 12 of the worst tanks (statistically) will be buffed and 8 of the best will be nerfed

From the discussion:

- Veider states that the camo issue concerns all TD’s, they are too stealthy, this is caused a lot by the TD stealth bonuses
- after the nerf, TD’s without armor will have to keep more distance from their targets
- the list of “good” and “bad” tanks will not be disclosed now
- Aufklärungspanzer Panther will not be rebalanced in 9.1, but later
- Tiger I will be nerfed a bit
- rear-turret VK4502B will not be buffed or nerfed
- improved anti-aliasing will come until the end of the year along with Dx11 support
- Tortoise is slightly OP, but the armor change (nerf) in 9.0 will have some effect, if it’s not enough, it will be nerfed
- FV 215b (183) is apparently doing fine
- rebalance is not based only on winrate

Their motivations are understood only when you stop looking at balance from a gameplay perspective and start to see it through a cash funnel perspective. The inside joke is in the vague response to how they handle it. "We do not only use win rate". As though damage dealt per game or damage taken per game or any other factor like that are taken into account. The real metrics used are "How many people are likely to free xp to this tank in its current state?" and "How many people are likely to not convert to paying customers because this tank is too powerful?" The historical accuracy line is just a scrap they toss to the pseudo historian gaming retards that would be better off buying real life models of those tanks and getting together for playdates.

Their motivations are understood only when you stop looking at balance from a gameplay perspective and start to see it through a cash funnel perspective. The inside joke is in the vague response to how they handle it. "We do not only use win rate". As though damage dealt per game or damage taken per game or any other factor like that are taken into account. The real metrics used are "How many people are likely to free xp to this tank in its current state?" and "How many people are likely to not convert to paying customers because this tank is too powerful?" The historical accuracy line is just a scrap they toss to the pseudo historian gaming retards that would be better off buying real life models of those tanks and getting together for playdates.

In that logic it would make sense for them to not buff IS7, since pretty much everyone and their granma on the RU server has one by now.

I've played a fair amount of tier 1s and low tier premiums to grind out tournament crews for the Ltracktor and the T1. The T18 and the amount of people playing them is absurd. That thing has needed to be nerfed for a long time. I can hardly deal with one with a good tournament crew and I'm an experienced player. How is a new player to deal with that? O wait, they don't. They just say screw this and quit or get one themselves and contribute to the problem. I have a Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) but at least that thing has a frontal weakspot and I can't one shot people. The T18 has too much armor/firepower for that tier.

In that logic it would make sense for them to not buff IS7

Except nationalist retards.  If serb wants to kill the company all he has to do is nerf the T-54 and wait for the armed "native protestors" to start "demonstrating" in WG headquarters.  Putin would take over within a week and restore the T-54 to its "historically accurate" OPness.

Except nationalist retards.  If serb wants to kill the company all he has to do is nerf the T-54 and wait for the armed "native protestors" to start "demonstrating" in WG headquarters.  Putin would take over within a week and restore the T-54 to its "historically accurate" OPness.

That's the impressive thing they've tapped into. Unlike a game built entirely around fiction, WoT players carry with them some serious attachments from their actual lives. Nationalism, believing they're the world's greatest amateur historian after watching a few "History" Channel documentaries, neo-nazis getting their rocks off, military personnel (related to nationalism but separate) who feel a deep sense of identification with these machines from "the greatest generation" and thanks to twitch reflexes not being a deciding factor, believe their training adds a magic special sauce to their gameplay.

Tank balance is a factor in monetization, but so long as a tank isn't unplayable or just so grossly overpowered it turns away customers, they'll sell plenty of Maus/IS-7/IS-4 and everything else based on factors that have almost nothing to do with in game tank performance.

How would that explain the T18 (For example) though? Its so low on the tree you don't have to spend anything to get it. Following your logic ALL Russian tanks should be best in their tier simply to sell to the largest market.

8 of the worst tanks are getting buffed and 8 of the best are getting nerfed.

While it makes sense to base it off of stats as 99% of the stats will be based on how the pubbies play it (So not good), I feel as if they should just look at the actual tank itself. So while the 183 might be in the top 8, if it's not because 183 herd2pley then it would still make sense to at least look at it from a non-statistical point of view and realize: holy fuck Sergey was smoking so much crack when he decided to tell the dev team to make this.

I would suggest the same thing with the waffle, but it seems every pubbie has already mastered the way of playing it.

Sit in back of map in bush. Click tenk. Get dpg.