Intumesce

Upcoming tank buffs and nerfs

How would that explain the T18 (For example) though? Its so low on the tree you don't have to spend anything to get it. Following your logic ALL Russian tanks should be best in their tier simply to sell to the largest market.

They don't care about lower tier balance enough to adjust obviously broken tanks. The logic would not predict all russian tanks should be the best because whether they're the best or not, a whole hell of a lot of Russians are going to buy them. 

Ill say it again, the RU market is the biggest by far, RU tanks are most popular. Why wouldn't they simply make all top tier RU tanks OP, so people power grind them like crazy...Or at least introduce much more RU premiums.

I still think WG simply throw a tank in and hope for the best. Maybe nerf it a few months later if SerB is in a bad mood.

Ill say it again, the RU market is the biggest by far, RU tanks are most popular. Why wouldn't they simply make all top tier RU tanks OP, so people power grind them like crazy...Or at least introduce much more RU premiums.

I still think WG simply throw a tank in and hope for the best. Maybe nerf it a few months later if SerB is in a bad mood.

Why bother if average/mediocre RU tanks will still have everyone grinding up/free xp'ing to them? Clearly every RU player and their sister has RU tanks that are so-so (other than the rather elite russian meds I am personally shit in), so they don't need to change anything to make them popular. They'll be popular because they are RU. Best selling items aren't the ones you put on sale.

why is the Tortoise's armor being nerfed it sucks at close range id be ok with the nerf if they removed or smooth out the hatch on the roof

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Please buff the 113. Holy fuck give me a Chinese X that actually fucking matters.

QFT

why is the Tortoise's armor being nerfed it sucks at close range id be ok with the nerf if they removed or smooth out the hatch on the roof

They could nerf the gun instead, which would you prefer?

IMHO the Tortoise is an example of a really well-done vehicle. Great strengths balanced out by very serious flaws. Good balance there. However, I can see why it might be considered OP in WG's eyes; it's slow, has incredible HP, considerable armor, and a gun with enough DPM that you can yolo into someone and still get average damage numbers out. All signs of a very easy-to-play tank.

Tortoise is actually fun to play, is effective at winning, and does not break the game (as in, not having broken alpha/autoloader/camovalue). Can't be said for other fun-to-play tanks.

It would be nice if the model that the Tortoise follows, high ROF nice handling version of that nations same tier heavy gun, was the model that all of the high tier TDs followed. Then we wouldn't have all the retardery of Fochs, WTFs, 183s, and so forth. Could be some good times.

Discussions about ballance are pointless on wotlabs. Why? Because tanks are ballanced for your average 49% pubie, not for a bunch of unicums spaming gold. Our opinion/performance, matters just the same as those 40% zombies, we are not the representatives of how this game is played. If you are above 55%, you are playing an inballanced game.

How would that explain the T18 (For example) though? Its so low on the tree you don't have to spend anything to get it. Following your logic ALL Russian tanks should be best in their tier simply to sell to the largest market.

cccc, Viktor... Its not that some russian tanks are good, its because some russian tanks are better than american/german tanks, and thats hard to digest for your regular westerner, after all, they have been playing west-bias games their entire life, they cant wrap their mind around that.

IMHO, the best way to balance is to remove all tier 10 tanks. As things stand, apart from a few oddities (VK, Lorraine, PTA?) tier 9 has been balanced so much better than tier 10s and still contains mostly real tanks. Tier 10 contains mostly something starting with a 'OBJ', tanks that never existed, or tanks way out of the time-frame (STB 1970 tank?)

Remove all tier X from the game, compensate those who have them 6.1million credit and 200k free EXP each, and we're mostly done with tank balance.

IMHO, the best way to balance is to remove all tier 10 tanks.

That is the stupidest idea I have heard in a long time

How are tier 10 tanks being removed gonna balance things like the Hellcat, T18, KV-1S, and T29, just to name a couple?

There are a lot of OP tanks in tier 10, that doesn't warrant removing the whole damn tier

So nothing on server roaming?  or next campaign news?

No news on roaming, have to assume it will come in 9.1, after seeing quite a few RU supertesters using roaming on the EU server last week.

That is the stupidest idea I have heard in a long time

How are tier 10 tanks being removed gonna balance things like the Hellcat, T18, KV-1S, and T29, just to name a couple?

There are a lot of OP tanks in tier 10, that doesn't warrant removing the whole damn tier

Tier 10 balance (and battle tier 10-12 room balance) has been the worst in WOT by far for a long time. The example you mentioned can be fixed by incremental adjustment or removal of a gun, tier 10 balance can not.

Just like Arty, releasing the tier 10 (of anything) has been a mistake. There was not enough tanks and the tanks that might qualify has balance that is way out of wack. WG in their desperation in filling up the tier 10 roster, conjured up with the OBJs, the MBTs and the 170mm and 183mm gun-carriers.

Look at it from this way, how would you feel if the game finishes at tier 9 atm, and then WG comes and announces that 1970-era MBTs, OBJ Paper tanks, and 170mm and 183mm gun-carrying behemonths will be coming in the next patch?

"low tier adventures"

m4 getting mantlet nerf from 153 to 83, reload nerf by 12%, moving dispersion nerf by 12% and aim time nerf in one patch?

Seems rather excessive given Kv-1 or T49

Look at it from this way, how would you feel if the game finishes at tier 9 atm, and then WG comes and announces that 1970-era MBTs, OBJ Paper tanks, and 170mm and 183mm gun-carrying behemonths will be coming in the next patch?

IS-7 finished trials

IS-4 mass produced

T-62A mass produced

140 Finished trials

430 finished trials

268 finished trials i think

263 real project

Maus was ready for production

E-100 same as maus

Leo1  mass produced

50m imaginary tank

jpz100 -real project

wtf100 imaginary

Batchat - finished trials

50B - finished trials

foch 155 - real tank, real gun, dont know about drum feature

M48 - mass produced

T110E5 - real project

T57 - real project

E3 - real project

E4 - imaginary

4202 testbed for tehnology, will be replaced

fv215 real project

fv183 real project

121 real tank, have no idea if it was mass produced

113 real project, half finished before droping it

STB-1 -real tank, ending in type 74 (mass produced)

arty:

261 real project

e-100 fiction i thin, dont know for sure

t92 real

CGC fiction i think

bat arty real tank, dont know if it was trialed

- tier 4+ light tanks will have their MM tier spread reduced (there will be exceptions for certain vehicles)

Great news for would-be scouts.

The T18 has too much armor/firepower for that tier.

Absolutely, however killing them with a Cruiser III from a distance in camo is so much fun I may never make it to T10. The first shot through the front makes them squirm and wiggle (delicious) trying to find you. The second shot through the front makes them turn to run with the kill shot typically through the side or back.

Discussions about ballance are pointless on wotlabs. Why? Because tanks are ballanced for your average 49% pubie, not for a bunch of unicums spaming gold. Our opinion/performance, matters just the same as those 40% zombies, we are not the representatives of how this game is played. If you are above 55%, you are playing an inballanced game.

Eh?

Everyone above that level is still bound by the same game mechanics as the zombies are.

Eh?

Everyone above that level is still bound by the same game mechanics as the zombies are.

Yeah, but everyone above 55% is like 5% of the server, the game is ballanced for the majority (NOT everyone!). Our influence on the tank stats is insignificant, so our amazment "why dont they nerf the xyz tank" is void, mayority will never be able to unlock its potential thus keeping a really good tank "ballanced"

IS-7 finished trials

IS-4 mass produced

T-62A mass produced

140 Finished trials

430 finished trials

268 finished trials i think

263 real project

Maus was ready for production

E-100 same as maus

Leo1  mass produced

50m imaginary tank

jpz100 -real project

wtf100 imaginary

Batchat - finished trials

50B - finished trials

foch 155 - real tank, real gun, dont know about drum feature

M48 - mass produced

T110E5 - real project

T57 - real project

E3 - real project

E4 - imaginary

4202 testbed for tehnology, will be replaced

fv215 real tank, real but wrong gun

fv183 real

121 real tank, have no idea if it was mass produced

113 real project, half finished before droping it

STB-1 -real tank, ending in type 74 (mass produced)

arty:

261 real project

e-100 fiction i thin, dont know for sure

t92 real

CGC fiction i think

bat arty real tank, dont know if it was trialed

The FV215b was never built. It was conceived however but no blueprints ever drawn up.

The FV215b was never built. It was conceived however but no blueprints ever drawn up.

oh, thx for clarification, so real project