godjira

Indien Panzer bothers me

I'm having a crisis of confidence in my Indien. I had an absolute blast in the VK30.02D, it's ram bang brawling flanking fun and definitely a keeper. But the Indien is a supporter with a gun that doesn't like me and I am concerned the Leos are going to be more of the same and wondering whether to give up this line and head for the E50M instead?

I'm not doing badly in my Indien and I kind of know what to do with it, but the gun seems to have as much chance of penning from a slapshot as it does fully aimed and the mobility means brawling is off the menu. Is the Leo 1 worth the effort or am I going to have even more of this sort of pain in the Prototype? Bearing in mind I enjoy charging, brawling and flanking and already have Soviet tanks up to the Object 140, would I have more fun grinding the Panther line?

I would probably have to go back to the Panther 1 to go that way and again that is a support sniper. Oh first world dilemmas!

Having suffered through the Indien Panzer, and now at the Leopard Pt A, i can say you shold persist. The Leopard PT A isn't exactly the best tier 9 (lightly put), but it a whole lot better than the indien. And the Leopard 1 fixes all the flaws of the Prototype (except for the armour ofc)

So far I liked the Indien more than the PTA, but I need to spend more time with the PTA.  The alpha is really nice on a T9 med, but the combination of bad armor and depression is hard for me to deal with. Sometimes I've been pussyfooting too much in the tank, and when I get directly in to the action, bad things happen.

Things only go uphill from there. The aim time on the Indien kinda kills it for me, now that I've gotten my hands on a decent tier 8.

I'm having a crisis of confidence in my Indien. I had an absolute blast in the VK30.02D, it's ram bang brawling flanking fun and definitely a keeper. But the Indien is a supporter with a gun that doesn't like me and I am concerned the Leos are going to be more of the same and wondering whether to give up this line and head for the E50M instead?

I'm not doing badly in my Indien and I kind of know what to do with it, but the gun seems to have as much chance of penning from a slapshot as it does fully aimed and the mobility means brawling is off the menu. Is the Leo 1 worth the effort or am I going to have even more of this sort of pain in the Prototype? Bearing in mind I enjoy charging, brawling and flanking and already have Soviet tanks up to the Object 140, would I have more fun grinding the Panther line?

I would probably have to go back to the Panther 1 to go that way and again that is a support sniper. Oh first world dilemmas!

It sounds like you want to go for the e50 line. If you dont like the indien the leopard pta won't be that much fun also. The leopard 1 is worth it but it wont be ever the same feeling as the tier7, since that is the last one with armor in that line(the indien has some more then the leopards though;) )

The panther I is a support sniper because it can, and has a bit low alpha for peek a boo-ing. But i felt like it got better in the pantherII and the e50 is a blast. The only downside of that line is that the camo values are low, its only okay-ish on the t10. Charging on a panther and up that line is nice. Just ram a enemy medium in its side and you will be laughing.

Charging on a panther and up that line is nice. Just ram a enemy WHATEVER in its side and you will be laughing.

Fixed that one for you. Save for E75, E100, Maus, KV4 and KV5 you can ram ANYTHING with E50 and E50M

Ramming is fun. The VK30.02D is like an armoured pig and hilarious when chasing Hellcats and Cromwells (less fun chasing E75s), I would like more of that sort of gameplay as t8,9 and 10 to be honest. The Soviet mediums seem to float in open space magically protected by low profiles, speed, frontal armour and dome turrets. E50s seem to be more of what I like as in more brutal and honest, like James Bond: "a blunt instrument".

I think I will persist with the Indien but maybe give the other German medium line a go on the test server to see if I like it.

Ramming is fun. The VK30.02D is like an armoured pig and hilarious when chasing Hellcats and Cromwells (less fun chasing E75s), I would like more of that sort of gameplay as t8,9 and 10 to be honest. The Soviet mediums seem to float in open space magically protected by low profiles, speed, frontal armour and dome turrets. E50s seem to be more of what I like as in more brutal and honest, like James Bond: "a blunt instrument".

I think I will persist with the Indien but maybe give the other German medium line a go on the test server to see if I like it.

why not both? :-)

I'm currently at the VK 30.02D, what gun did you use, I find both underwhelming!

And as for your style vs german tank line, I'd say the E-50/E-50M suits you down to a tea. I'd recommend you stick with the leo 1 line AND do the E-50M grind (I'm an aggressive player and thoroughly enjoyed every tank in that line)

I despise my indie panzer. The gun handling feels much worse than what hard stats tell me, and the poor top speed combined with hp/ton makes me love the centurion but hate this thing.

The E50 is a barbarian with a two handed sword. It comes up to yohr face and makes you remember why it's not a good idea to stray on its path.

The PTA is a backstabbing little freak, you don't see it and BAM! Suddenly 400 of your hitpoints are gone.

Both are nice and fun tanks. I'd suggest going down both lines in time. Leo 1 abd E50m are also among the best solopub tanks at tier 10, even if in a radically different way.

I'm currently at the VK 30.02D, what gun did you use, I find both underwhelming!

I use the short 88. It wrecks mediums and tds and if you can stick it in soft bits, will damage everything else. The 75mm turns the tank in to a dpm sniper, which is a waste of all that pent up aggression and brutality.

Short 88 on the VK3002. It is at its best in close combat at the sides of other tanks. It is terrible at dealing with heavily armored tanks, so simply avoiding things like E-75, KV4 is more productive than attempting to fight them.

Abandon line, acquire 50M.
Or just grit your teeth, the Indien is pretty much just a worse P2, but according to popular belief, the Leo1 is worth it.

It really isn't, get 50M instead!

Weird; I <3 my iPanzer. The tank is half tracks so it makes a passable side scrapper. Has decent acceleration with amazing gun depression so if you can brawl on a hill it's an easy win. Only major downside is all of the tier10 matches it gets into quite frequently, strangely enough I put a premium on aim time but I guess the other soft stats make it manageable.

Disclaimer: I have not played the Cent/Pershing which I guess would be comparable.

Weird; I <3 my iPanzer. The tank is half tracks so it makes a passable side scrapper. Has decent acceleration with amazing gun depression so if you can brawl on a hill it's an easy win. Only major downside is all of the tier10 matches it gets into quite frequently, strangely enough I put a premium on aim time but I guess the other soft stats make it manageable.

Disclaimer: I have not played the Cent/Pershing which I guess would be comparable.

The Pershing beats the indien panzer's ass while blindfolded and with amputated arms.

It's a decent-ish support medium who is far too subject to outside conditions, namely: terrible dispersion penalties and long aimtime leaves you in the hands of RNG whenever you shoot in practice.

At 500 games i got tired of it, wanted to get rid of it-

At 600 i was downright hating it. I just had very little control over games because even the smallest adjustment in position forces you to spend another 2 seconds to fully aim, drastically reducing your DPM.

The Pershing beats the indien panzer's ass while blindfolded and with amputated arms.

Not just the Pershing.

At tier 8 there are many tanks much stronger and/or much more fun to drive.

Ugg.. not more tanks added the grind list

By the end of the IP grind I hated the damn thing. If it actually had a decent aimtime it could be very good. But the poor view range and gun handling just leaves you out in the cold so many times. The Leo PTA once fully upgraded is so much more enjoyable. The aim time with the upgraded turret drops to 2.3 which is very manageable and the view range is great. Having said that, my E-50m is much more suited to an aggressive approach then the Leo platform and is easier to solo pub. I enjoy the Leo PTA a great deal but some games you wish you could at least make the enemy have to aim at a weak point or bounce a scout once in a while. I would say get past the IP asap, sell it and then decide. In the end you know you want both.

I like the Indien, better than the Panther and Panther II.

The gun is decent with a Vert Stab, better than the Chinese T-34- 1 thru 3 line and has decent depression.

The turret bounces shots from the front fairly well and it has an OK view range.

It doesn't have blinding speed, but it turns and handles well.

All that being said the E50M Squashes the Leopard I ...

All that being said the E50M Squashes the Leopard I ...

Harsh. The view range, camo, speed and gun depression are strong advantages in the Leopard's favour and is sufficient compensation for the loss of armour, even if I do agree it doesn't fit OP's play style.

Great traverse and punchy gun = fantastic support/cleanup tank. Definitely would take the IP over other tier 8 meds into higher tier battles

I just elited my IP, so here's my scrubbish advice:  Ignore the aim time.  Run rammer, stab, GLD and just keep shitting shells downrange while minimizing your exposure time.  Your ammo is cheap and has high pen.  My accuracy in the tank is bunk but often I can "pucker" enemy tanks just by connecting with one or two shots, and force them to camp instead of pushing into me.  It's a dumb strat for a supposed sniper tank but I found my DPG and WR went up in it when I stopped giving a shit about the aim time.

The Leo1 won't suit your brawling style well at all.  It can still be very aggressive, just not as a brawler.  Having said that, if your tastes ever change, the Leo1 is beyond excellent and is worth the grind and then some.  Considering it's one of the worst lines to grind after tier 6, that says something.