bremen68

Diplo in CW

Newbie CW question.  I've been in some CW battles with my clan, but I'm to the point where I'd like to have a better understanding of how it all works... I've seen a couple of folks say about diplo'ing or having good diplo, during one battle we happen to hit the token force of one guy on a map who said "it's yours, remember the good diplo".  I'm assuming this is in reference to diplomacy.

Can you elaborate a bit about how that works? Is this just meaning good relations between clans, respect, other clans helping you out?

Appreciate any info you have. Thanks!

How2diplo by IOC_5

Make fun of Bad good clan. Maintain cover. Advance to Delta 5. Rgr rgr.

Get in bed with all the big clans. Never get on the map.

Though seriously a lot of people cry about clan diplo mostly because their 50% clan isn't involved in the circle jerk that is Petco, G, CHAI diplo.

It's essentially talking to other clan officers about trading land and/or what landings you want so you don't have to wardec said clan just to get the landing you want. Carbon bitched  talked a lot about late night landing and battle timings with other clans. It's very in depth and I do give a lot of props to the guys who can stand doing it. IE: Loz, Carbon, Nem, a bunch of others I don't know the names of.

For some clans it's essentially: CHIP RELIX BCAUSE DAYS ARE NUMBERS.

Edit1: Tl;dr just wait for Carbon to explain it to you, he'll probably be around.

1. Don't flaunt your victories: Nothing gets you enemies faster than flaunting and acting smug in CRD or right before game ends, keep your fucking trap shut.

Example: Tiergarten

2. Use common sense: Don't fuck up your an ally thats been with you for months just because you want 500 gold, nobody likes someone who can't take minor losses for greater good.

Example: What Enjoy did to Reddit during 1st campaign

3. Don't type shit when you have no intentions of keeping it: Because the other guy is probably smashing printscreen as you type.

Example: What Enjoy did to CHAI

4. Stay the fuck off CRD: thats a given.

So in conclusion: Shut the fuck up, use common sense, don't be a two faced bitch, stay the fuck off CRD.

1. Don't flaunt your victories: Nothing gets you enemies faster than flaunting and acting smug in CRD or right before game ends, keep your fucking trap shut.

As a small clan that has still a whole lot to learn, you have no idea how many times we run into this in battles :smiledown:

It's pretty funny when you manage to win the battle though.

2. Use common sense: Don't fuck up your an ally thats been with you for months just because you want 500 gold, nobody likes someone who can't take minor losses for greater good.

3. Don't type shit when you have no intentions of keeping it: Because the other guy is probably smashing printscreen as you type.

So in conclusion: Shut the fuck up, use common sense, don't be a two faced bitch, stay the fuck off CRD.

Pretty harsh given to a beginner.

Heres from a quote from one of BULLS member:

Since you don't seem like a total idiot I won't troll you yet

Diplo basically comes down to doing what you say you will do and never doing things specifically to piss off other clans indirectly

Here are some things to avoid

- making promises you can't keep

- threatening others with dogpiles (large groups of clan alliances)

- randomly attacking someone you were previously friendly with or agreed not to fight (at least give them 24 hours notice if you want to be liked)

- posting terribly in CR/D

- acting like your clan belongs in CR/D when it's terrible (you're at least admitting you're not ready for CW so it's kinda cool)

- ransacking provinces near people you're not at war with (it causes riots on their territory, which people don't like)

- switching sides in a war constantly depending on which side you think will win

- having people who have done any of the above in the past accepted into your clan (outcome may vary depending on how terrible those people are)

Pretty harsh given to a beginner.

Heres from a quote from one of BULLS member:

Since you don't seem like a total idiot I won't troll you yet

Diplo basically comes down to doing what you say you will do and never doing things specifically to piss off other clans indirectly

Here are some things to avoid

- making promises you can't keep

- threatening others with dogpiles (large groups of clan alliances)

- randomly attacking someone you were previously friendly with or agreed not to fight (at least give them 24 hours notice if you want to be liked)

- posting terribly in CR/D

- acting like your clan belongs in CR/D when it's terrible (you're at least admitting you're not ready for CW so it's kinda cool)

- ransacking provinces near people you're not at war with (it causes riots on their territory, which people don't like)

- switching sides in a war constantly depending on which side you think will win

- being in D-O-S (this is a big one)

- having people who have done any of the above in the past accepted into your clan (outcome may vary depending on how terrible those people are)

You almost made me fall out of my fucking chair.

For OP, don't be a dick, be humble. Being Canadian helps with not being a dick, we are generally nice. NO BM'ing BEFORE/DURING/AFTER. NO ONE IN CR/D. A good rule is that only the FC/caller is allowed to chat the other team. #LessonsLearnedFromBUNEH

number 2 make me remember story about NASA and how it failed because of 8,333 per day

Diplo is simply how you relate with other clans. A lack Diplo is a major reason clans cannot progress in clan wars. You either need good diplo(aka relations) with other clans in the area you land or you need to be good enough to earn that respect with your tanks.

for beginners

1. As a small clan the best thing to do is shuttup and play, do not do diplo. If a larger land holder wants to talk to you they will, do not go bothering them when you land because they frankly do not care.

2. While you should not proactively do diplo always be aware of it. You do not want to get in the middle of a heavy weight fight it will not go well for you even if prompted by one of the clans involved just walk away.

3. When you become good enough to hold land at will in weaker areas of the map reach out to highend clans far from your land. Ask them for help, advice, strat help, scrims with subclans etc. It doesn't matter just be humble be polite and patient. What you are doing is establishing yourself as a person to that clan. 

4. A favor is not a favor if you did not ask for it. The situation you mention of a clan "letting you have it" in a fight isn't a favor. You owe them nothing. Asking for and receiving an offset or cover stack that is a favor. Someone agreeing to clear the LZ for you is a favor, "giving" you land because I cant field a team or am scared you will win and commence to mapping me is a ploy.

Just my random thoughts.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.  That's what I kind of figured, but wanted to see what the nuances were.

We have a lot of younger members and we've been telling them a lot of these same things, shut up and play, caller talks, nobody else unless you want to say GG or o7 at the end of the match.

We've won a few battles, but haven't grabbed any land yet this go around.

I think we have some of the best diplo in the game.

Neither of our diplomats say much. They listen.

Diplo without a stick is fucking smoke.

Get on the map. Win fights. Then do diplo.

Getting on the map doesn't mean, "I took an LZ". It means carving out a space and staying there for a week or 2.