Intumesce

0.9.0 "Appreciation" Thread

This patch is just full of lovely surprises, so let's discuss what we all love about the newest patch

- 10 20 FPS less even with worse settings

- HD models that my computer can't even use

- All mods are broken as per typical updates

- Service records got worse

- Score counter is broken at least for me

+ The graphics are better

- ...no, they look worse than before somehow

+ New tank destruction sound!

- The dry fart sound is just so much better than the sounds before

+ Maps reworked

- Made bad maps worse, made some slightly better

I wouldn't know.  I could not play due to game crashing or the camera in game would lock in place along with the turret on my tank.  So I couldn't see anything even when I was in the game.

Edit:  Just noticed my awesome stats from yesterday due to this.

My biggest complaint was that nasty muzzle flash in sniper mode. It was annoying enough in slow firing tanks, I wonder what it'll be like in quick-firing tanks.

This patch is just full of lovely surprises, so let's discuss what we all love about the newest patch

- 10 FPS less even with worse settings optimization was never good in wot, adding more graphical features will certainly not improve it

- HD models that my computer can't even use not really problem with the patch

- All mods are broken as per typical updates again, not really wg fault

- Service records got worse same shit

- Score counter is broken at least for me

+ The graphics are better

- ...no, they look worse than before somehow

+ New tank destruction sound! real tanks dont make a sound when they are knocked out, so... yeah

- The dry fart sound is just so much better than the sounds before same as ^

+ Maps reworked

- Made bad maps worse, made some slightly better you must be really perceptive to know that so fast

My thoughts about 8.11:

• no lag
  • could download file directly into a folder without use for torrents. It now crashes every time I select "direct download"
  • didn't use 90% of the only core it can use for WORSE graphics.
  • didn't make the game unplayable
  • allowed me to scroll around the garage without dropping to 5 fps
  • didn't crash when creating a platoon
  • didn't crash when loading into a game
  • didn't crash after adding in xvm
  • enable session stats to actually work
  • didn't drop fps to unplayable levels when peekabooming
  • didn't actually have worse graphics (as stated in complaint #3)

But most importantly, didn't lead to this:

"Purchased:
'Sexton I' sucessfully purchased. Spent gold:  2,150."

"optimization was never good in WoT" so let's force more graphical settings on our users each patch without optimizing one tiny bit A+ reasoning WG

"not really problem with the patch" right, being forced to use the HD models is again my fault

"same shit" except that was something they intentionally changed from worse to bad

"real tanks don't make a sound when they are knocked out" this game is hardly known for its tank sim aspects

so let's force more graphical settings on our users each patch without optimizing one tiny bit A+ reasoning WG i have no problems with fps, should i suffer?

right, being forced to use the HD models is again my fault same as above

except that was something they intentionally changed from worse to bad i seriously doubt you used service record before, not with all this statistics sites you can acces

this game is hardly known for its tank sim aspects so whats the problem with this unrealistic sound?? (afaik its the sound of 150mm shell exploding, muffled ofc)

"i have no problem with fps, should i suffer?" suffer from what, BETTER OPTIMIZATION? And good for you that you don't have FPS drops, unlike a vast majority of the playerbase right now (not like you'd notice, you're the only one who matters)

"i seriously doubt you used service record before, not with all this statistics sites you can acces" you'd be so surprised

"so whats the problem with this unrealistic sound??" it sounds like a fucking dry fart, I don't care how unrealistic-er the previous sounds were, they sounded way better

suffer from what, BETTER OPTIMIZATION? And good for you that you don't have FPS drops, unlike a vast majority of the playerbase right now (not like you'd notice, you're the only one who matters)

you'd be so surprised

it sounds like a fucking dry fart, I don't care how unrealistic-er the previous sounds were, they sounded way better

1. what if the choice was between better optimisation or new graphical features? also, forums are not representative of vast majority

2. TBH i dont see any loss in functionality

3. lucky for you, you can delete that sound really easy, its located in ... world_of_tanks/res/audio

1. what if the choice was between better optimisation or new graphical features?

2. TBH i dont see any loss in functionality

3. lucky for you, you can delete that sound really easy, its located in ... world_of_tanks/res/audio

1. Increasing the FPS for the whole playerbase by several FPS or giving the top whatever% a graphics increase from PS2 era graphics to PS3 era graphics in an era of Battlefield-like graphics?

I might also add I can play lots of games like Battlefield 3 on at least average or high settings with a solid 60 fps

2. Please do link me a site where I can see a player's given damage in any tank without them having to upload their dossier to vbaddict

3. No sound > bad sound, right

I agree that the graphics looks like crap.

It's like they oversaturated everything and it looks like you hopped into a cheaply made cartoon.

I haven't even updated yet. I'm considering if it's worth 11GB's on my SSD when I only have 44 gigs left and no HDD to move it to.

What I don't understand is, did theses issues show up on the Test Server?  If so, why push out the patch?  If not, why are they showing up now?  

1. Increasing the FPS for the whole playerbase by several FPS or giving the top whatever% a graphics increase from PS2 era graphics to PS3 era graphics in an era of Battlefield-like graphics?

I might also add I can play lots of games like Battlefield 3 on at least average or high settings with a solid 60 fps

2. Please do link me a site where I can see a player's given damage in any tank without them having to upload their dossier to vbaddict

3. No sound > bad sound, right

1. again, lets talk words and numbers: majority means 50% + 1, vast majority would be like 80% or higher, i doubt, even 10% of players have fps drops.

about the graphics, it has been said million times, for wot to have everything server based, something had to suffer, i woud rather play on lesser graphics than having to play with cheaters, hackers, exploiters, etc...

2. what exactly are you missing from service record?

3. yes, when they introduced new crew sounds that sounded like drunk red necks i disabled that sounds...

1. again, lets talk words and numbers: majority means 50% + 1, vast majority would be like 80% or higher, i doubt, even 10% of players have fps drops.

about the graphics, it has been said million times, for wot to have everything server based, something had to suffer, i woud rather play on lesser graphics than having to play with cheaters, hackers, exploiters, etc...

2. what exactly are you missing from service record?

3. yes, when they introduced new crew sounds that sounded like drunk red necks i disabled that sounds...

1. Given the fact that 50% of the Russian (aka the largest) playerbase still play on Windows XP, optimizing should be an incredibly high priority, and a lot of people play on low or very low (some need mods to play BELOW minimum) settings

2. I'm not missing anything, they made it look worse and it was already a downgrade from the "old old" service record

3. Sounds can be fixed with mods, but that doesn't change the core problem that the sounds are terrible

I haven't noticed any problems... then again my computer is upgraded on a as needed basis because I do a lot of "big data" statistical analysis.

I agree that the graphics looks like crap.

It's like they oversaturated everything and it looks like you hopped into a cheaply made cartoon.

I haven't even updated yet. I'm considering if it's worth 11GB's on my SSD when I only have 44 gigs left and no HDD to move it to.

Time to upgrade, i recently installed 960gb one below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQ8RGL6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My biggest complaint was that nasty muzzle flash in sniper mode. It was annoying enough in slow firing tanks, I wonder what it'll be like in quick-firing tanks.

is there a way to get rid of it?

I've made sure extra effects in sniper mode is off and I turned that optics in sniper mode off as well. No joy so far

No one is going to mention the shitty merge of the battle details and invite tabs in the bottom right?

I would but there is so much other crap that is annoying that, by comparision, that turd just doesn't stink as badly as the other excrement that got foisted on us this time...

9.0 may very well be my last patch. I have no desire to play this fucking garbage for the same reasons OC listed.

The patch dumped my fps to the shitter and made it look even worse. Some of the new HD models look somewhat decent (though with odd removals of MGs Q_Q) but fuck it's not worth it. From 65 fps at medium settings to 30 at potato settings, half that for sniper mode.

Fuck it

There is a belief in marketing that only 10% of the really pissed off customers will bother to express there opinion. 90 % will just walk away disgusted.

If the comments from the top players and the rage on the forums represents 10% of the pissed off customers than WOT is in trouble.

(read the Russ forum if you dont believe me)

So if they dont fix this mess soon I see this game going to shit. 

The average player will log on once or twice a week, wait for the patch to load then freak over the graphic changes. Then the game will crash to desk top. They might restart once but after the second crash they will switch to a different game, and that will be the end of that.

So server population shrinks, new players will try the game but wont advance due to the buggy game. Many older players will walk away, most hard corps players will tough it out. This will create even more gap between the good and the bad. 

If I had to compare this to a marketing blunder I would say this is starting to look like New Coke. Coke had a great product that led the product category and was raking in $. But, they were greedy and thought improving there product would even  increase there market share. It almost bankrupted the company. Coke managed to go back to the original product in time to regain there customers.

So what will WG do? Go back to 8.11 graphics or continue to PATCH a broken boat?