Sign in to follow this  
Deusmortis

Useless marketing video is useless

only relevant info I see is average battle time of 12 min. which according to some stat is twice of WoT average battle time. Either WOWS camp harder or, ratio between firepower and Defense is much huge than WoT.

The graph of the probability of the deviation of battleship shells from their intended flight path looks like a wide brimmed hat.

Dafuq?

only relevant info I see is average battle time of 12 min. which according to some stat is twice of WoT average battle time. Either WOWS camp harder or, ratio between firepower and Defense is much huge than WoT.

It takes a lot more to sink a ship then to destroy a Tank. Also: relative slower reload times.

Ships are more modular than tanks. Tanks are either in the battle or destroyed, but ships can have taken a lot of damage, multiple turrets destroyed, but still be able to fight with it's single operational turret, while crippled.

I suspect the 12 minute average battle time is due to some manipulation of the numbers.  Can't fully explain though, NDA and such.

Deusmortis,

You're a cock tease.

I wants to test !!! Why did they let people in based on post count and not on verifiable testing experience...

Because 150 wikipedia copy-pastes of ships articles > 10,000 battles of testing experience

Wargaming logiks

Because 150 wikipedia copy-pastes of ships articles > 10,000 battles of testing experience

Wargaming logiks

If you were wargaming, would you really like to read through tens of thousands of applications from just about anybody? It's to select applications from people who are actively interested in the game anyway. Besides, there are plenty of testers without the post count, which WG contacted themselves to test the game.

If you were wargaming, would you really like to read through tens of thousands of applications from just about anybody? It's to select applications from people who are actively interested in the game anyway. Besides, there are plenty of testers without the post count, which WG contacted themselves to test the game.

Somehow looking at the quality of Wargaming forums, I'm not convinced that picking forum shitpoasters is a better idea than creating a neat little radio-button survey like they did for planes.  They could even have made the little survey limited to those with testing experience in their other products if they needed an extra way to shorten the list . But expecting people to make 150 posts about a game they haven't even seen is simply retarded as fuck. I personally am quite interested in testing it and I have experience testing their other products, but I'm not interested in making 150 speculative shitpoasts/spamming the count to one-thousand threads until the option to make an application is unlocked. 

Somehow looking at the quality of Wargaming forums, I'm not convinced that picking forum shitpoasters is a better idea than creating a neat little radio-button survey like they did for planes.  They could even have made the little survey limited to those with testing experience in their other products if they needed an extra way to shorten the list . But expecting people to make 150 posts about a game they haven't even seen is simply retarded as fuck. I personally am quite interested in testing it and I have experience testing their other products, but I'm not interested in making 150 speculative shitpoasts/spamming the count to one-thousand threads until the option to make an application is unlocked. 

many of the people I see with alpha tags there are the same people I saw when I started posting there 2 years ago.  These people are very dedicated, knowledgeable about ships, and somehow still have stuff to post about.  it is by far the best of the WG official forums, also simply due to the low participation.  all the "WHERE GAME!!?!" posts were made a year ago, so nobody posts that stuff anymore.

Shitpoaster --> http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/user/wardog224-2171743/

Shitpoaster --> http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/user/tankwarhammer9000-392110/

with such enlightening and useful posts as, 

"and bacon energy shields  Smile_trollface.gif"

"Bring in the ultra bacon! "

Shitpoaster --> http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/user/aragorn-372622/

cQeYsdU.jpg

Shitpoaster --> http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/user/cpt-kill-jack-23905/

I can go on all day with people in Alpha who have literally done jack shit other than make 150 spam posts/shitpoasts-about-bacon/count-to-1k posts to get into alpha testing.

Suck Wargaming NA's nuts hard enough and you can get anything.

For example, http://i.imgur.com/6KylWo7.png

This guy was reported and permabanned for using multiple accounts, is a complete shitpoaster, and generally is a massive negative influence on the community. Got unbanned by sucking up to Hathore (WGNA community mod) before she was fired from the company.

Another example, Crag_R. Banned from World of Warplanes forums after joining a group of War Thunder players who, as he described it, were conducting "forum raids" (i.e. spamming multiple troll threads). Crag_R also generally did jack shit when he was an Alpha tester for World of Warplanes and literally every WoWP Alpha tester hated him at the end of it. Allowed into WoWS Alpha due to massive WG dick sucking and is currently totally inactive (not testing) from what I've heard. Still highly active in the War Thunder community.