milk_my_duds

Help me decide - Obj 140 vs. T62A

For someone who likes playing T54 very much, which one fits the play style better?  

T62A - better turret, faster ROF

Obj 140 - better gun depression, more mobile

Thanks in advance. 

I think the 62A feels like the T54 more as you can still abuse terrain to hulldown and still have crazy good gun handling

Ob140 is only good for its gun depression, which isnt much more than the T62a, plus the turret is softer than butter

I recently made this decision and for me it has to be the object 140, the 20% more gun depression gives you that flexibility you want.

Btw they have the same RoF

T62A - better turret, faster ROF

They have the same ROF. If you want something closer to the T-54, get the 140. 

They have the same ROF. If you want something closer to the T-54, get the 140. 

Yes, they have the same RoF, but the 62A does get a noticeable boost in gun handling. Like Migi said, it actually is more like the T-54 in that it can stay hulldown and reliably bounce shots.

Yes, they have the same RoF, but the 62A does get a noticeable boost in gun handling. Like Migi said, it actually is more like the T-54 in that it can stay hulldown and reliably bounce shots.

The 140 still has that "point and click" accuracy, the t62 doesn't offer much more in that aspect.

I recently played 300+ games in the T-62a and 160+ in the object 140. I started off with the T-62A after seeing Yato and Nas doing so well in theirs. But after playing the 140, I'm fairly certain that I'm never playing the T-62A ever again, at least in pubs.

The extra degree of depression is *massive*. That extra degree really opens up a lot of positions where the 62A would have to overexpose itself to get a shot, but the 140 doesn't. You have to keep in mind that it's not always easy to go hull down in the 62A and still have enough depression to work with. 

As for the turret, there is no doubt that the 62A's is better. There are certain positions where the 62A is near invulnerable. But people overestimate the weakness of the 140 turret. You will get penned in the turret roof once in a while but that area is still fairly small and it is still very capable of bouncing shots. I find it much easier to minimize exposure and not get hit in the first place in the 140 thanks to the depression.

The gun dispersion on hull movement is better on the 140, but the differences are very minute. The 62A has slightly better turret traverse dispersion.

Another thing you'll notice coming from the T-54 is that the 62A tops out at 50kph, whereas the 140 can reach 55kph. I personally found the 50 speed limit very irritating after getting used to the T-54's speed, even after 300 games.

That said, if you are very good at handling -5 depression then the 62A might be worth it for you; there certainly are people who do exceptionally well in it. Just keep in mind that no matter how good you are at compensating for it, there will be many positions that you just can't use because of it; the T-62A is less flexible overall, in my opinion.

I'd say go for the 62A first, just so that you won't be disappointed with the 62A after the 140.

The gun dispersion on hull movement is better on the T-62A, but the differences are very minute. The 140 also has slightly better turret traverse dispersion.

Are you sure you didn't get this backwards?

T-62A, then again I abuse turret armors like no tomorrow. Peeking over Fisherman's Bay to spot just to have an E-100 puts a shell through my turret from across the map leaves a bad taste. There may be more spots that 140 can hull down at, but once you get settle in your T-62A you're god and can start pumping out that DPM. With 140 you still have to worry about shifting around, making turret hard to hit. 

There may be more spots that 140 can hull down at, but once you get settle in your T-62A you're god and can start pumping out that DPM. With 140 you still have to worry about shifting around, making turret hard to hit. 

You still have to worry about shifting around constantly due to orbital AIDS cannons in every tier 10 game and retards suicide rushing to attack a stationary target, so I don't see that as much of a benefit compared to being able to turret peek in more locations.

You still have to worry about shifting around constantly due to orbital AIDS cannons in every tier 10 game and retards suicide rushing to attack a stationary target, so I don't see that as much of a benefit compared to being able to turret peek in more locations.

I don't see that many around anymore. Maybe I'm just used to working my turret with -6 depression. I rather know that upper half of my turret won't be pen by every gun I see. I used to think 140 is better and the weak spot would be hard to hit, but it's really getting old getting punched through the face. There was a Chieftain video, I forget which one, where he said that post war studies showed that majority of the hits on tanks were on the turret, despite it being a small part of the whole tank, and that's why the new designs focused on turret armor. I fee like if my turret isn't going to be reliable, I'll need at least -8 to compensate it, like for M103, Leo 1 and etc.

I don't see that many around anymore. 

You gotta play to see them!

On topic: I prefer the little added flexibility the 140 gives me, but then I'm a sucker for gun depression.