Worstpoaster_na

Fellow Unicums Do You Genuinely Hate Non-Purples?

88 members have voted

1. 1. Title

2. 2. Does color affect your opinions of others?

• Yes fuck all reds
    • Fuck all yellows and below
    • Greens and under are cancer
    • Blues are toxic wannabes
    • I hate everyone unless proven otherwise
  3. 3. If a non-purple asks to platoon with you nicely, would you?

• Yes
    • Yes (because gud meatshields 4 sick dpg farming)
    • No
    • Only if they are blue+
    • Anyones thats not red

Recently I've been trolling gd on an alt and the common prevailing opinion of the lesser players is that all purples hate non-purples.

Now here is a poll so I can get some cement evidence that that's not the case (hopefully?)

*unicums as in those who are purple everywhere, overall and recent.

As it seems pubbies have the beef hardest with og unicums.

In my irrelevant pubbie experience, I've found unica tend only to hate pubbies in denial. From what I've seen, a 1000wn8 player who is honestly trying to better himself is looked upon far more favorably then a 1500wn8 player who thinks he's god's gift to internet tanks. But the "f u I play4fun stfu dead noob" crowd get no sympathy, as it should be imho. As for platooning with non-purples, I think it varies between unica. I've been kicked from some purple platoons after 2 games, other times I've had great 20+ game streaks with them.

I get some hate for being blue rather than being purple, but it's not like I don't play AS a purple. I simply lack the overall. Anyone can have a bad game, some people just exploit that bad game to "up" their hatred for that type of player. Honestly if you're a purple who won't give anyone a platoon invite because they are green, I have as much respect for you as you do for a red; it makes you look like a douchebag.

(This is a general response and is not pointed to anyone in particular)

I invite anyone if they ask, but usually my 2nd (usually dark purple) would whine to me on steam about bads in their platoons .

"I ALREADY HAVE TO CARRY YOU WORST I CANT CARRY 2 BADDIES"

I hate everyone a bit more than key wee.

idc about other players until I have to watch them play. At which point 99.9999% of red/green/blue players frustrate me to no end with horrific decision making.

doooont let me watch you plaaay

I simply hate people who don't put an ounce of effort into getting better, and/or blaming everything for their awfulness instead of themselves.

To put it shortly, North American youth

Bad is a judge of effort, not of play quality.

If you're green and below and have plateaued, you are a bad.

I would platoon with an overall 50 playing at 53 over an overall 54 playing at 54. 

I've been in liaison with a red who's asked me for advice, obviously I don't platoon with him and have directed him here, but he's seeking advice, so he's not a bad.

It's natural in any competitive endeavor to play with people of similar skill levels. Unless there's some sort of casual game mode or if it's just low tier games, the disparity in skill can easily lead to frustration, IMO. Like if I feel I lost a match because a significantly lesser skilled platoon mate can't play at a certain level, I'm gonna feel uncomfortable even if it's my best friend playing.

I simply hate people who don't put an ounce of effort into getting better, and/or blaming everything for their awfulness instead of themselves.

To put it shortly, North American youth

North American Youth sounds like a gang or a child's division of the crips. Where is my official tattoo that shows I am in such a badass group

TL-DR: 15 year old swag is best yolo material and I pop caps in any ass that states otherwise

I invite anyone if they ask, but usually my 2nd (usually dark purple) would whine to me on steam about bads in their platoons .

"I ALREADY HAVE TO CARRY YOU WORST I CANT CARRY 2 BADDIES"

Hey, Worst. You wanna plat? (lel you saw that coming)

Everyone I know in real life is really bad at this game(all 5 are red or low yellow even recent) yet I platoon with them and even did a tournament with them once to help them get better. I've also tried getting them into various clans and sub clans I've been in yet the only one to take them was PUPEH and they got kicked out for some reason. One major road block is that I passed their skill level so long ago that I don't know what to tell them and what I do say doesn't seem to help. Though I'll platoon with them any time it is odd knowing they are all intelligent people yet can't seem to make good tactical choices most of the time.

As funny as it seems, I understand all of these attitudes from being a lawyer, dealing with other lawyers and hearing people opine about lawyers. Among %80 of lawyers you are a great lawyer if you make a lot of money, even if your client gets screwed. This is prevalent in family and corporate work mostly, it's all about the cash. They also believe they are brilliant people, and lord their title over you.

This game is the same way, it's a skill that people work at and then go to great lengths to show. Some will develop skill then re roll, others built skill on test server then had those stats erased. The guy who will play 1000's of games in a T18 or some other seal clubbier, or the person who will only platoon with others so as to get their win rate up as high as possible. I saw the guy who played the rail gun flanked by Maus's to protect him when he reloads, all I could think of is how is that fun? Where's the challenge?

If you think the bad players here are dumb, then come to my office. People make bad decisions with their lives, or are the victim of someone else's bad decision. I have to help them out, it's what I chose to do. But lord over them, no. It takes a lot for a person to say I need help, help me. Why rub it in further?

Some people are bad at this game, but refuse help, I understand how people loath them. Some can be helped though, but most are too afraid to ask or just do not know where to go for help. The people who made it to this forum are looking for help, the people who do not know its exists need help more. Maybe directing them here in game would be a little service the unicoms can do to improve overall game play. If that happens, maybe there will be less hatred of the reds.

Worst I keep hearing stories of bmac's epic chat rages but the only person I've seen him get mad at in game was you when you lagged out the entire match. Is it a too small sample size or is his chat rage over hyped?

Everyone I know in real life is really bad at this game(all 5 are red or low yellow even recent) yet I platoon with them and even did a tournament with them once to help them get better. I've also tried getting them into various clans and sub clans I've been in yet the only one to take them was PUPEH and they got kicked out for some reason. One major road block is that I passed their skill level so long ago that I don't know what to tell them and what I do say doesn't seem to help. Though I'll platoon with them any time it is odd knowing they are all intelligent people yet can't seem to make good tactical choices most of the time.

The same can be said of my IRL friend who got me into this game (except he's light green overall/light green recent, meaning he's decent but has plateaued). I've platooned with him many times. I got past his level a while ago, but he argues every little thing I tell him to do (e.g. run consumables) as if there's no way I could possibly be right when I tell him that yes, consumables are actually worthwhile. (That's just one example; we've also had many arguments about whether to run equipment, let alone what kind of equipment to run. He taught me many bad habits in my early days with this game.) By now, I've given up on trying to improve him even to my level, let alone beyond that, because he simply doesn't want to get better at the game. Hell, he hardly even wants to play it anymore, and I don't blame him.

Of course, he'll never admit that he's lazy; he'd rather say that he doesn't take the game as "seriously" as I do. Sometimes, even my fellow greens are beyond help. When I platoon with purples, I try to do what I'm supposed to do, but I just can't react to situations as well as they can. I still don't really know when and where to push, optimal initial deployments, etc. But I think there's a big difference between a platoon mate screwing up and a platoon mate directly disobeying advice you're giving them (something my IRL friend has done before). The former is forgivable, as long as it doesn't happen too often. The latter is not.