Bobi_Kreeg

Stronghold Mode?

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/24/9-1-stronghold-mode-in-wot/

I cannot decide if this is Serbs stroke of brilliance, or he has completely lost his sanity?

Some of the most brilliant features:

• collecting resources
  • constructing forts, and buildings which will then provide different bonuses to clan members
  • placing anti-tank mines and minefields
  • calling in bombardments - much Call of Duty? 
  • constructing pillboxes ingame that act like additional artillery  :beard:

Well at least now devs can just point at Strongholds when badies complain you cant get in CW.

I like the base idea as well as an alternative to CWs for baddies... But with AT guns, minefields and arty strikes to call in, why in gods name would you even attack someone elses stronghold?

Guess we'll find out the specifics later.

Yes.

It reminds me a lot on how WoW changed when they introduced guild perks. They promised small, mostly cosmetic stuff... But in the end made a lot of those things essential, not just convenient.

Look at the bonuses they are planning to introduce:

Table of Orders, available in first iteration of “Strongholds”

«Battle Payments»
Addon for all battles (credits) Up to 50%
«Tactical Training»
Addon for all battles (exp) Up to 50%
«Military Exercises»
Addon for all battles (free exp) Up to 50%
«Additional Briefing»
Addon for all battles (crew exp) Up to 100%
«Evacuation»
Addon for all raids (industrial resource) Up to 50%

Those are insane.

Yes.

It reminds me a lot on how WoW changed when they introduced guild perks. They promised small, mostly cosmetic stuff... But in the end made a lot of those things essential, not just convenient.

Look at the bonuses they are planning to introduce:

Table of Orders, available in first iteration of “Strongholds”

«Battle Payments»

Addon for all battles (credits) Up to 50%

«Tactical Training»

Addon for all battles (exp) Up to 50%

«Military Exercises»

Addon for all battles (free exp) Up to 50%

«Additional Briefing»

Addon for all battles (crew exp) Up to 100%

«Evacuation»

Addon for all raids (industrial resource) Up to 50%

Those are insane.

Key words are 'up to'. 

Clans that go with the 'safe' level where they can't be attacked when all the modes are added won't be getting anywhere near that.  But the top clans should be able to get it.  Which is going to be another nice incentive for people to try to make it to the best clans and a reward for those who do.

Also depending on how much work is required to build them if you ever go to 'war' with another clan and the rek your buildings it'll be almost as bad as getting mapped.   Could add a nice dimension to diplomacy.   Or just make things more craptastic.  Which is a better bet with WG.

And yeah this seems like a blatant attempt to almost require clan membership for everyone. I'm sure people who join clans tend to be more committed to the game and shell out more cash. 

And yeah this seems like a blatant attempt to almost require clan membership for everyone. I'm sure people who join clans tend to be more committed to the game and shell out more cash.

Well tank locking is a big incentive to keep grinding tanks, but it only effects clan members- more people in clans, more people who need multiple T10s. Beyond that, probably not a big change for pubbies.

Why is there not more talk about this??

Up to +50% to credits, XP, free XP, and +100% crew training for all battles played with a fully upgraded stronghold?? Omgwtfbbq?

Do I ditch my own joke clan to join a real clan once this gets going or attempt to make it into a real clan to get a piece of this? Because that sounds like work, I just want buffs plz.

But seriously, this seems potentially huge does it not? Stronghold is the new credit missions but it's likely another zero-sum game where the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.