Sign in to follow this  
SheVa9

T-34 - What to Do?

T-34 - What's Next?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. T-34-85 or A-43

Hi guys, I'm a newish player, and I was wondering where to go from my T-34. I have heard that the T-34-85 is good, but that the A-43 line gives you more options. In your opinion, what should I choose?

Both tanks are good tier 6s

A-44 is wonky to play with horrible gun handling and bad gun depression

T-43 is basically an uptiered T-34-85

T-44 is one of the weaker tier 8 meds due to unimpressive firepower and mediocre armor and view range

Object 416 is one of, if not the best tier 8 med because of the outstanding firepower, ridiculously good camo, and very small size

Since you can jump lines from the 416, down to either the T-54 line or staying on the 430 line, I'm voting for the A-43

A-43 leads to 3x tier 10 russian meds and the line as a whole is much more xp efficient but some of the tanks are kinda wonky to handle.

I would say that the T-34-85 is a significantly stronger tank than the A-43, and the line is much more typical. I would recommend T-34-85 for a new player.

A-43 is light tank mobility/profile + medium tank gun.

Dispersion is well above other tier 6 mediums including e8 sherman, almost even with vertical stabilizer.

Workable with either 57mm(unlike on T-34, this time it actually aims as fast as it reloads) or 76mm; since it's not big and fat like e8 sherman.

I think A-44 is more fun to play than T-43 since A-44 has that 107mm gun and somewhat similar mobility to 121(similar hp/t and similar terrain resistance); so you can easily bully many tanks at tier 7.

Even though A-44 sucks.

T-34-85 isn't bad but it's not as mobile and hull armour is still shite.

what everyone said. A43 is a cromwell-lite, A44 has its moments and its massive 107 is trolly on both sides. 416 has 330heat and insane camo, I went down this line after going through the cancerous T44 in the type 59 era (rip me) in another server. And you get to get the 430 which isn't turrible

I voted for the A-43. Both lines are not noob friendly from tiers 7 to 8; so why not go for the one that is more exp. efficient?

Grind through the A tanks and you will eventually end up with not one, but three best (true) mediums in the game. That is a deal breaker and makes that A-44 look a lot more appealing, or better said a lot less bad.

The problem with three tier 10s on one line is you end up with just one trained crew.

Play both lines.  You'll need the gameplay experience anyhow.

In your shoes, I would probably slow down a bit. Some people advocate rushing up lines as fast as possible, but for my part I found it helpful to get acquainted with the game more thoroughly before charging up the tiers too far.

Tier V + VI is where you should learn the basics. Once you are capable of performing adequately at those tiers (~yellow recent WN8 rating), you can advance further.

As for lines: Long-term A-43 is better, short term the T-34/85 and T-43 are probably easier to play. And with some 700 games played, you really shouldn't be thinking about tier VIII-X tanks too much anyway.

Eh, the T-34-85 line gets you both the T-62A and the 140, which is generally regarded as more useful than the 430.

But A-43 line gets you Obj.416 as well as all three tier X mediums.

Not to mention you are not really going to spend too much time on tier VI and VII anyway; I got through A-44 grind in two days because 107mm is already unlocked on KV-2.

I was also facing this choice recently and went for both. Why?
a) I always fully elite tanks, so both were researched
b) I want to get the Object 416 and the T-54. I can get both via the A-43, but then I miss out on the T-34-85 and I will reach the point where I need a decent crew (I try to play T7 and up only with 6th sense) for either tank.
So right now I am playing the 34-85 to get the crew up and to have fun while I use the A-43 line to grind up the tiers.

On a side note since your battle count is quite low yet: I find that decent crews are the most valuable thing in WoT. If you are like me and want to progress but still have decent crews without doing a crew grind (can't stand those!) you can easily achieve this by always fully eliting tanks even if you do not want their other unlocks (i.e. the KV-13 on the T-34-85). By doing this you will have a crew on 100% of their first skill some time during your grind on the T7 tank.
--> Unlock ALL THE THINGS!!! 8)

I'm actually going down both lines right now. Both are fun although the T34-85 is probably a keeper for me. Im using that to grind crew. I second the idea of grinding crews at tier 5 or 6. Im repairing my awful crews I screwed up back in the day right now in that manner.

In your shoes, I would probably slow down a bit. Some people advocate rushing up lines as fast as possible, but for my part I found it helpful to get acquainted with the game more thoroughly before charging up the tiers too far.

Tier V + VI is where you should learn the basics. Once you are capable of performing adequately at those tiers (~yellow recent WN8 rating), you can advance further.

As for lines: Long-term A-43 is better, short term the T-34/85 and T-43 are probably easier to play. And with some 700 games played, you really shouldn't be thinking about tier VIII-X tanks too much anyway.

I know. I have already decided to hang out at Tier 5 with each of the four lines I'm grinding (current tanks M41, VK30.01H, StuG III, T-34) until I get at least 1 crew skill fully trained on all my tanks, then move to Tier 6.

Also, thanks for all your input, guys!