Ham_

Pubbies and their LT fetish

it's one of the most frustrating things about play LTs(and bottom tier tanks a lot of the time) when top tanks just yolo you even if they die in the process. Even though it gives your team and advantage it's still no fun

Rautaa, a fairly well-known EU forumite (seems to have left long ago, though) aptly nicknamed this phenomenon MAD. Your opponent goes down, but it doesn't feel like much when you get rekt as well.

Reds usually tend to tunnel vision on the easy kill. Just today i had an IS-8 completely ignoring my E50 tp try and shoot down an ELC who was beside me missing it thrice because of bad aiming.

This happens with most tank classes though, not just with LTs.

I think they do this to all perceived weaker tanks.

Case in point, I'm in my AMX M4 vs. a KV-4. An ST-I is helping me. ST-I goes around the corner, bounces the shell, and hits the KV-4. I poke around the corner, shoot the KV-4, and tuck in back. He still has the ST-I sitting right in front of him.

He then proceeds to YOLO me, dying in the process, but leaving me on low HP so I had to play conservatively for the rest of the match. While the ST-I was shredding him up that whole time, his turret was pointed at little ol' tier 7 me. Bet he felt like a big stronk man though!

I've used this "knowledge" plenty of times to break a flank or dig somebody out of a good hull-down position.  For some reason, alot of players will lose their minds to try to shoot a passing scout.  I don't know how many times I've jumped in behind the enemy line to get 2 or 3 tanks to try away from the main threat to engage me. 

Of course, I don't know how many times I've done this only to have the pubbies on my side not realize the enemy tanks have all turned around & they let me die a meaningless death.

I'm going to guess it's often like the cat chasing the red laser light on the floor.  They will slam head first into the wall at full speed just to get that damn light (tank). 

Just wondering if anyone noticed how pubbies ignore tier 10 TDs in front of them =0 to kill light tanks?

One time I recall was pushing hill in my AMX with 4 tier 10s med/heavys and a WT Auf E-100 emptied two 15cm HEAT into me instead of a Obj. 140 and T110E5 who pushed before me..

Can a Noob Psychologist explains this please? 

It is called GG. You should do it too. If you are attacked by a e100 and a chaffee shoot the chaffee. If you are attacked by a st1 and amx m4 shoot the amx m4.

Why would you be shooting at high HP, high armor opponent when a weaker tank doing nearly the same dps is shooting at you and can be killed in no time at all?

There are times you need to kill the stronger tank since it is the one actually doing damage through your armor or it is too dangerous to leave alive from a team perspective.  The rest of the time you shoot the weakest thing that is doing damage to you.

I can't speak for others, but I will willingly take (a little bit of) damage to finish off a light because, properly driven, the little bastards can be frustrating as all hell, and I may not get the chance to do it. I know the TD is probably not going to be running away from me, but if I lose contact with the light tank I might never find him again.

I have also been trying to exploit people's tendency to chase lights in my various ones to lure folks into friendly firing arcs.

Reds go for easy kills. However, I will often enough shoot down a LT when presented with such opportunity before I get into battle with something more substantial or dangerous, although this mostly applies to situation where said LT could have a flanking position and detract me from the main fight. They may do relatively little damage, but well placed/timed shots could prove detrimental or even disastrous up ahead. Not to mention on maps like Prokhorovka, good scouts can keep sizable force at bay or constantly scrambling for cover from cancer.

I will say there are definitely times I want a light dead fast, like early in a game with lots of clickers and open spaces. But really, I've been playing the 59-16 for the T34 grind and players just hurl themselves to their deaths to kill me left and right. It's just stupidity and greed.

I watched 3 bads all get wrecked going after me last night by cresting a hill to frantically take shots at me. By the end I was dead and the three had probably lost a combined 1500 HPs over LT boner. One actually drove over with 7 HPs to finish me off because he just HAD TO GET ME OMGOMGOMG!

The best part of course is I didn't get jack shit for the battle. As they crested they kept coming into the view range of all my allies shooting them so I got fuck all for spotting, barely any damage, and died fairly early. MAN, LIGHT TANKS SURE ARE FUN!

I will say there are definitely times I want a light dead fast, like early in a game with lots of clickers and open spaces. But really, I've been playing the 59-16 for the T34 grind and players just hurl themselves to their deaths to kill me left and right. It's just stupidity and greed.

I watched 3 bads all get wrecked going after me last night by cresting a hill to frantically take shots at me. By the end I was dead and the three had probably lost a combined 1500 HPs over LT boner. One actually drove over with 7 HPs to finish me off because he just HAD TO GET ME OMGOMGOMG!

The best part of course is I didn't get jack shit for the battle. As they crested they kept coming into the view range of all my allies shooting them so I got fuck all for spotting, barely any damage, and died fairly early. MAN, LIGHT TANKS SURE ARE FUN!

No reward, but you probably won that game by abusing the LT boner. Shame that there's not a medal for that. The artwork would probably be inappropriate, though.

Sure a LT can change a game, but when faced against a big TD who may be able to kill me in 2 shots, I'll be shooting the TD rather than the LT who I may be bouncing. Especially as my half dozen team mates are ALL aiming at the LT. Similar thing happens with arty, sure it's good to get them out of the game but when everybody aims at the thing, as a group we are detracting from the big targets... if that makes sense. 

I think they do this to all perceived weaker tanks.

I echo this. And add to it by simply stating: there's a huge fraction of players (probably in any game, but certainly this one) who just go for the POWER ADVANTAGE class / weapon / gun / vehicle. 

Aka Timmy the Power Gamer. 

Besides being the former SPG and current TD players, they're also the degenerates who (among others) dust their tank for the +1. Cause omg one shot that guy >>razz<<