Gashtag

Gashtato's mindset from 46% to 61%

According to you, I am a mere blue then? 

Yes you are, and you are deluding yourself if you think you are an elite dark purple.

Stop denying you baddie <3

Rerolling doesn't make you better it'll just make you more consistent , you don't have the luxury of 10K battles to hide the ones that you derp out in the first minute so the pressure is on to perform at your very best the entire time

Buck,

I'd disagree wholeheartedly and passionately.

Rerolling doesn't make you better or more consistent. Rerolling JUST provides a clean slate, not a magical elixir that makes you a better tanker.

If a reroll psyche is so fragile and wrapped around current stats then that tanker has a desperate need for medication, not rerolling.

I'm carrying my cross and completely okay with it.

JM.02c

Still, i don't know why, i was playing at 1300-1500 WN8 when i last played my account. When i rerolled i started off as about 2200-2400 WN8.

It doesn't make any sense i know, but still. Rerolling ramped up my performance by a 1.5 factor.

Still, i don't know why, i was playing at 1300-1500 WN8 when i last played my account. When i rerolled i started off as about 2200-2400 WN8.

It doesn't make any sense i know, but still. Rerolling ramped up my performance by a 1.5 factor.

Probably has to do with the extra pressure it can give you (don't want to screw it up again).

I would never reroll because of the time/money I put into this account, besides for me the opposite holds true: I need to perform at my peak every game if I want to hit that pruple in a reasonable time.

According to you, I am a mere blue then? 

Yes and I am tomato or orange. I do not see the problem.

Assuming 5 minutes a battle, 1000 battles is 83 hours of gameplay. If that isn't a big enough sample size, I don't know what is.

Well for some people 1000 battles is less then 5% of the number of battles they played. Do you think a sample of less then 5% is accurate to determine how someone performs at a certain task?

Keep wishing, til I see that other .5% you're still a green you bad.

Wow rude. 

Keep wishing, til I see that other .5% you're still a green you bad.

Come on now, we blues need to stick together.

Well for some people 1000 battles is less then 5% of the number of battles they played. Do you think a sample of less then 5% is accurate to determine how someone performs at a certain task?

Yes.

20000 battles are not played at a static skill level.  Hence the last 1000 are going to be more accurate than the overall (whether higher or lower).  Caveats about game play choices apply.

Just as an example, my total sample size is over a period of 3 years. Last 1000 battles is pretty indicative of your recent (basically current) performance.

If you took a fitness test the results would be indicative of your current ability, which isn't the average of all the fitness tests that you've ever taken.

If you took a fitness test the results would be indicative of your current ability, which isn't the average of all the fitness tests that you've ever taken.

Which is precisely why I am taking Gashtag and Agamemneon's advice to stop caring about my overall epeen color and just concentrate on doing better game-by-game, which should make the recent stats better, which is really all that should matter. I'm also just going to grind one class (heavies to start) at a time, and self-impose a tier 8 cap until I get a good bit better.

Doesn't matter if I can get my stats to green or blue if I can't play like one when it counts.

One day in the not too far future I shall hit recent purple, then will have to find a new goal to set. Maybe will get a life or some shit.

One day in the not too far future I shall hit recent purple, then will have to find a new goal to set. Maybe will get a life or some shit.

I tried that once. The graphics are amazing, but the gameplay sucks.

Just as an example, my total sample size is over a period of 3 years. Last 1000 battles is pretty indicative of your recent (basically current) performance.

Depends if you just started to grind a new line or nation. Starting from scratch with noob (50%) crew and no free xp/ Or if for the last 1000 battles you just play your 6 crew skill easy mode tank.

Depends if you just started to grind a new line or nation. Starting from scratch with noob (50%) crew and no free xp/ Or if for the last 1000 battles you just play your 6 crew skill easy mode tank.

Because after 22k games playing 80-100k for a 75% crew is too much?

That in 100 battles at most, certainly if you take advantage of doubles and specials, is trained to a first skill and elite.

Haw2lern: The important thing with learning your lessons the hard way is that YOU ACTUALLY LEARN FROM THEM. I was chatting to CarbonWard in Anfield's stream chat the other day, now if you're in pubville this may be a bit of a revelation: "if you can stop yourself dying from the same thing twice on a consistent basis, then you'll be a super uni in two months". Blaming your team mates takes away all the power you had to analyse the situation and actually discover the true reason why something didn't work out. Be self objective, learn from your mistakes.

Necro: I read that from Carbon in like Oct 2012 or something, when I was a 4k battle yellow. 

This is a gold mine, linked in blue improvement thread (hope you don't mind)

I necro'd because Gash linked it there, and I hadn't seen it the first time around. 

Necro: I read that from Carbon in like Oct 2012 or something, when I was a 4k battle yellow. 

There's hope for me yet! \o/

This is a gold mine, linked in blue improvement thread (hope you don't mind)

No worries :)