jacg123

So I just bought my first car...

And she's a thing o' beauty. 

S8ZzdQV.jpg

Please excuse my cellphone camera shot.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z, 5.7L V8. I'm in love...

And I don't know shit about cars. 

A friend of mine (Wazoo117 in tanks) knows how / has space to work on cars, so I'll be doing my best to learn from him when possible. The car is in fantastic shape, considering. I already replaced the water pump and timing belt (is that what you call it?). Next I need to replace a leaky seal on the front of the transmission. This is ofc after I get it smogged/new front tires/front end alignment. 

So, what'ddya think?

Jac,

Shitty gas mileage, shitty transmission...what's the mileage??

And when you put a Bowtie on a Turd, it's still a Turd....and it's an automatic?? 

Dodge makes it, CUMMINS shakes it.  When your turd with a bowtie breaks down, call someone with a Cummins to tow you.

Shfty©

Don't like it, but it surely is better than my car (I don't have one) and all the other 1st cars people usually get over here in yurop:

320px-Fiat_Maluch_Town.jpg

560px-Renault_Twingo_front_20080709.jpg

560px-Corsa_B2.jpg

FORD-Fiesta--1991-1996-.jpg

500px-VW_Golf_III_front_20081027.jpg

Nice i'm a fan of the chevy-pontiac cars, have a 91 myself. Congrats on the first car hope it lives up to your expectations, mine has.

Jac,

Shitty gas mileage, shitty transmission...what's the mileage??

And when you put a Bowtie on a Turd, it's still a Turd....and it's an automatic?? 

Dodge makes it, CUMMINS shakes it.  When your turd with a bowtie breaks down, call someone with a Cummins to tow you.

Shfty©

The 350 isn't what I would call a shitty engine (some can be, but those were mostly in trucks), and the transmission..  you have no clue if he has the 350 turbo or the 400 so that claim is unfounded. 

Not a Chevy fan here but honestly..   don't talk crap without noting Dodge's huge fault..  Horrific electrical issues..  mostly because they use cheap, bottom barrel wining and the harnesses look like they were assembled by a dyslexic 5 year old .  Besides, you are talking trucks, the OP is stating Cars..

Besides, it is his 1st car..   we already have issues with kids doing stupid crap like texting while driving..  do you really want to add working a clutch to the mix.. 

do you really want to add working a clutch to the mix.. 

I'm quite sure they'd text less overall, because they'd need both hands to drive.

I'm quite sure they'd text less overall, because they'd need both hands to drive.

you would think..  but being from the East Coast and knowing those freeways..   no, pretty sure it doesn't effect that at all.

we already have issues with kids doing stupid crap like texting while driving..  do you really want to add working a clutch to the mix.. 

Lack of clutch is probably what causes this the most.

IMO automatic driving is great for city traffic or long trips (or very high acceleration and speed driving, which you are not going to do on the road), but, honestly, it totally diminishes your control over the car in so many ways, that 1) you can't really drive if you don't know how to drive a manual; 2) you feel so distant from the car that it all just feels like all you need to do to be able to drive is gas, brake and turn. And then we're back to texting.

IMO automatic driving is great for city traffic or long trips (or very high acceleration and speed driving, which you are not going to do on the road), but, honestly, it totally diminishes your control over the car in so many ways, that 1) you can't really drive if you don't know how to drive a manual; 2) you feel so distant from the car that it all just feels like all you need to do to be able to drive is gas, brake and turn. And then we're back to texting.

I respect that opinion, and over there it may work..  but here..  adding a clutch in with texting, calling, eating and driving just further entertains the ADD.  I have lived all over this country (benefits of being ex-military).  No matter where I go, the one thing that remains the same is that kids drive like they are suicidal.

I tried my grandpa's automatic once and it was kind of boring to drive, where's all the fun??? :(

I tried my grandpa's automatic once and it was kind of boring to drive, where's all the fun??? :(

That comes from all the texting, calling and eating you now can (have to) do to prevent dying from boredom.

That comes from all the texting, calling and eating you now can (have to) do to prevent dying from boredom.

I need to go to Pimp My Ride and install a PS4 so I can play while I'm driving. :thumbup:

isn't your 3rd gear kinda like an automatic?

in yurop an automatic really is a no-go if you're below 60 years of age. and above that you shouldn't be driving anymore anyway. 

isn't your 3rd gear kinda like an automatic?

in yurop an automatic really is a no-go if you're below 60 years of age. and above that you shouldn't be driving anymore anyway. 

It depends on the car. My mom's car can use the 3rd for anything between about 15 and 100 km/h, but that's not exactly efficient, lol.

And she's a thing o' beauty. 

S8ZzdQV.jpg

Please excuse my cellphone camera shot.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z, 5.7L V8. I'm in love...

And I don't know shit about cars. 

A friend of mine (Wazoo117 in tanks) knows how / has space to work on cars, so I'll be doing my best to learn from him when possible. The car is in fantastic shape, considering. I already replaced the water pump and timing belt (is that what you call it?). Next I need to replace a leaky seal on the front of the transmission. This is ofc after I get it smogged/new front tires/front end alignment. 

So, what'ddya think?

Miami Vice called, they want their car back.

Miami Vice called, they want their car back.

Don't worry Micheal Knight called and was pissed I wont give his back.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/outcastimage/Malacore/91%20Firebird/401468_10150814014508378_1106639746_n.jpg~original